Search results

1. alpineSi

Are options Packs no more or dealer option only?

Makes sense, though I'd assumed the new emissions rules caused it as they didn't want to put cars in for testing with every possible combination of options. If the packs in the brochure do exist at the dealer, hiding them from online browsers seems a weird marketing strategy. I'd pay an extra...
  2. alpineSi

Experience. I've rarely got a straight answer.
  3. alpineSi

One of the most valuable things for me in our Ibiza has been the Adaptive Cruise Control, which only seems to exist in the UK on the Excellence Lux models. Prior posts here and some online reviews suggest that I can get this with the FR trim (on the Leon at least) if I add the Safety & Driving...
  4. alpineSi

My new SEAT Leon FR 1.4 TSI - 125PS - Manual gearbox - Desire Red - 2018

Very nice, love wheels with that colour. And I didn't know chrome under the windows was even an option (it wasn't on our Ibiza, ordered in Spain). Personally, I wouldn't invest in the "tiredness recognition system" - it never knows when I'm actually exhausted but goes off if I just lean back...
  5. alpineSi

New Ibiza fr 110 £15k

Hi, blue one says it's 115bhp and grey one next right is 95bhp. They all seem to be one of those two. If you sign up with the site then dealers will email you with offers for your exact specs though. And after that you can just browse whatever you want like above. Can always use those quotes to...
  6. alpineSi

New Ibiza fr 110 £15k

Carwow showing this for 1.0 FR today. First blue one has a few miles so not listed as savings on RRP. Just for comparison, FR Sport starts at about +£900 on those. I've been looking recently too as we need to buy a UK car now. Problem is our Spanish spec is a lot higher than equivalent...
  7. alpineSi

Is it possible to upgrade MY18 firmware on the large screen? NOT maps (already done).

I get lost in the threads for other cars about this stuff so thought I'd ask specifically about our car/unit. Does a firmware update exist and can we do it at home? I'm jealous of the screen images in this thread this thread but even if that's not possible I'd love to see if a firmware update...
  8. alpineSi

2021 SEAT Ibiza mid-life facelift revealed with LED headlights as standard

I like swapping the vent and screen position to put the map more in line with your eyes. I don't like the 'bar' nature of the dashboard, it seems more like a concept than a serious car. Also not sure I'd drive with illuminated vents on - assume these can be turned off. Is "travel assist" a...
  9. alpineSi

Anyone fitted Seat mudflaps and got any tips/warnings?

No, missus had the car for work and since lockdown the weather has been so bad I haven't managed yet. I thought they'd just clip on but the instructions mention using a drill, so might have to jack it up etc to get room and wouldn't mind a bit of sun first!
  10. alpineSi

What's involved swapping out LED headlights RHD for LHD?

So we're still in the UK with our LHD EU registered car. Never intended to be here this long, but you know, Covid. Brexit stands a good chance of messing up our insurance more than we're already pushing it and COVID prevents us getting abroad to sell it, so I'm weighing registering the car here...
  11. alpineSi

Great idea, thanks! Put that on my bike crank arms years ago and it's worked a treat.
  12. alpineSi

Saw a set on eBay from a dealer for under £60 so took a punt. They've arrived and have instructions but I'm just asking if anyone has fitted a set and got any tips/warnings about the process before I have a go this weekend? Thanks
  13. alpineSi

2018 Ibiza 1.0 TGI FR EcoPlus (no mods, just a gas hybrid engine)

Back in the UK for a few months now, forgot to say we'd found some rare CNG stations! Not really open to the public but accessible with an account. Biomethane too, so arguably doing more for the environment than an electric hybrid. Just need one much closer to where we live...
  14. alpineSi

Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

On my 2018 car this turned out to be the dealership neglecting to remove some plastic parts put in to hold the car steady during transport. Fixed in five mins by another dealer whipping them out.
  15. alpineSi

Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Yeh the wiper 'click' gets on my nerves too, have to turn the radio on. I also acknowledge the outline of pools of water on the rear bumper but the biggest little annoyances for me are actually the lack of roof lighting in the rear of the car and the bug in Android Auto that makes the volume of...
  16. alpineSi

Recalls the seat ibiza or seat boomerang?

https://car-recalls.eu/?s=&tx_make%5B%5D=seat&tx_model%5B%5D=ibiza&advanced_search=yes
  17. alpineSi

Solution to clunking noise from front offside

Didn't get a picture myself, but there were three and they looked exactly like the pink ice hockey puck-sized things in this Golf forum thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189 I Googled VAG transport blocks and it's distressing how many results came back.
  18. alpineSi

Amazing! VAG-wide memo required on this one then...
  19. alpineSi

Transport blocks! Car is just over a year old and had an occasional clunk sound at low speed going over bumps, which now I'm back in the UK with it is really noticeable given the plague of aggressive speed bumps and potholes here. Rang local dealer Pentagon Chilwell to try and get it looked...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise