Search results

1. Managed to catch my front bumper on a thin tree while reversing... how bad is it?

Hi guys thanks for the replies. I am taking it to a garage this morning so lets see what they say. I do live in Europe so prices will be a little different but your answers gave me a good ball park to run with. :)
  2. Managed to catch my front bumper on a thin tree while reversing... how bad is it?

Hi guys I hope you are all well. Long story shot I managed to catch the front plastic bumper of my Cupra ST 300 on a very thin tree that I neglected to notice while reversing. This wee tree caught against my bumper and scratched it and pulled it away from the car a little (luckily no metal was...
  3. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Nope I never had Mapcare... I don't live in UK either. Ok thanks for confirming much appreciated! :)
  4. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Should this work fine in MIB2 Standard too or is not "plug and play" like the site seems to advertise? https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/2020-seat-navigation-media-as-mib2-sat-nav-map-update-sd-card-953-p.asp
  5. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Hi Tell, yes thanks I have the MIB2 Standard and yes I know what a Mac is, I was just quoting the two posts you specifically referred to as important. It's nothing to do with "patience being a virtue", it's about accessibility of information and this thread is very fragmented and difficult to...
  6. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Hi guys. Sorry for asking what is undoubtedly a repeat question, but this thread really has become a labyrinthine mess where finding detailed information is very difficult. Using the above posts and following that process, can I with my MIB2 Standard SD card unit use pretty much any generic map...
  7. Cupra ST 300 4Drive lag... DSG and/or engine remap?

Hey guys. I know this is not news to most people but sometimes I really notice the inconsistent lag that you can get when you put your foot down in Sport and Cupra modes. Will a DSG and / or Stage 1 engine remap go some way to significantly reducing this? :) I don't 'want' to modify the car but...
  8. Electric sunroof ST - panoramic roof?

That's a terrible example, I love technology, but the thought of having a lot of heavy glass above me that could crack or break unnerves me and from the reports I have read, problems with them are not uncommon. Roofs have been reported as exploding and shattering...
  9. Electric sunroof ST - panoramic roof?

Pano roofs have had many problems with cracking/faults (use good it's a problem across many brands) and they also increase wind/weather noise as well as reduce headroom because of the motors. Great idea in principle, but I din't want one after doing some research.
  10. Cupra 280 STOLEN

Sorry to hear this mate that is a terrible story. There are certainly (usually poorer) parts of the UK where owning a performance car comes with clear risks of theft and violence, especially if the car is parked in plain sight and not locked up in a garage at night. Get a house alarm and some...
  11. Seat Leon ST 2018 4Drive... which roof and ski rack?

Hi guys, I am looking for a decent roof rack and ski holder for my Leon ST Cupra 2018 (has factory rails installed) and on the Thule website it could not find any compatible ones when I entered the car model. Can you please give me some advice on which I should be looking at? Cheers. :)
  12. 4Drive and snow

100% true.
  13. 4Drive and snow

Obviously it won't be great in snow with summer tyres, that is self-explanatory. That's why in Europe it is mandatory to have winter tyres in winter.
  14. Finally picked up my Cupra ST 4drive 2018, woohoo! (initial mini-review and impressions)

Today was another day that my car did it's job with flying colours. I was skiing in very snowy conditions and although the morning roads didn't seem too bad when I got there, my friend in his FWD car could't even make it up to where I parked and had to turn back and park lower down the mountain...
  15. Clueless beginner needs help with Seat Leon.

Nice car to have at what I assume is a young age, enjoy! I echo what other people say about mods... stick a nice pair of alloys on it but leave the engine alone until you are really used to the car by which time you will probably want to upgrade anyway. Contextually speaking, what else is he...
  16. Seat Navigation vs Navigation Plus... material differences?

Thanks for the quick reply mate. But it has it here at 5:05 in the video...?
  17. Seat Navigation vs Navigation Plus... material differences?

Guys can someone please confirm if the reverse parking trajectory lines (the yellow lines that move dynamically depending on what your predicted trajectory are only available on the MIB2 Navigation Plus system? I cannot see them on my MIB1 so I assume so but would be nice to have it confirmed... :(
  18. Finally picked up my Cupra ST 4drive 2018, woohoo! (initial mini-review and impressions)

So I took Sara (I had to name her) for a 2.5 hour round trip to the mountains to do some skiing yesterday and once more there is zero doubt in my mind that I made the right purchase with this car. My skis fit in length wise through the ski hole without intruding on the drivers area and I easily...
  19. Park Pilot

Then that's the same as mine. Very disappointing as see zero reason for it not to have them.
  20. 6-speed DSG maximum torque

I am not sure a mere 30km of driving is enough to assess impact of the additional stress and wear on the clutch in any real sense... :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members