Search results

1. Skipp

Changing colors of the dashboard categories

Is there a way of changing the color of the dashboard infotainment categories (Media is red, Navigation is blue, car info is yellow, phone is green)? I'm mostly having the info displayed (consumption/distance/travel time) and I'd just love it to be red in line with the rest of the car coloring...
  2. Skipp

SEAT have ruined the LEON

Front looks ok. The side silhouette is very similar to MK3. The back is horrible, and the lack of physical knobs/buttons/controls on the interior is a horrible trend new "tech" cars follow. I've already said it once - but this new model makes me love my Mk3 even more now :D
  3. Skipp

Mk4 cupra leon - could it be 4 drive?

I got my Leon a year and a half ago and I love it to bits. I was on the edge for waiting the new one and booooy I'm glad I didn't. The front is OK, but the back?! That single light-stroke is horrible. I really hope the FR version does something different at least with the body kit (even tho the...
  4. Skipp

Leon engine cover missing?

Thnx for all the replies. I don't care much about the cover, I was just confused after not seeing one since i thought i had one. Might've simply mixed it with my cousin's older Leon he got recently
  5. Skipp

Sorry for the duplicate post then and ty for putting my mind at ease
  6. Skipp

Now, before I go and make a fool of myself calling the local dealership... Does your Leon have an engine cover? Mine's a 2018 - 1.4 TSI FR and i *think* it had one. I was in a local dealership recently for a software update and tire changes and when I was changing my windshield fluid today i...
  7. Skipp

Dash rattle

Bought mine a year ago. After a few months the dash started rattling as well. Somewhere between the steering wheel and the dashboard. Took it back into the shop only for them to "not hear" anything. The staff was extremely helpful, and even went for a drive with me to show them where is it...
  8. Skipp

Crackling noise coming from beneath the windshield

Lately it's been a bit coldish here (5-12C) but i have the noise no matter if the car warmed up or not. I see you have the exact same model as I do (2018 1.4 125 FR). I haven't had the time to take it to the shop but I'll try this weekend if i get a spot with them
  9. Skipp

Everything is clean. Got rid of all the leaves in the plastic compartment but i just can't see how leaves could make such crackling noise from the outside. I'll just take it into the dealership and let them deal with it. It's obviously speed related since there's nothing under 50km/h
  10. Skipp

OBDeleven modifications

I tried various combinations and if the infotainment is shut down before turning off the car it mostly does the sweep after. But not always. I tried entering the car immediately after unlocking it, i tried waiting longer and i just can't get any patterns to repeat. It's just completely random...
  11. Skipp

OBDeleven modifications

I just got my obdeleven yesterday and I enabled the needlesweep but it doesn't seem to work every time. for example - i unlock the car, get in, put the key into ignition and i get a regular "check". i then take out the key, wait 5 sec, turn the key again and THEN it works. any ideas? Edit...
  12. Skipp

I noticed the other day a strange crinkling/crackling noise coming somewhere beneath the windshield. It's only there above 50-60km/h and it sounds somewhere between light raindrops falling on the windshield and ice breaking. It's constant no matter if the car is cold or not and persistent on...
  13. Skipp

New 1.5 instead of 1.4 in ordered Leon FR

My MY18 1.4 125Hp sits at 200Nm, and the 150Hp version has 250Nm... Is the 100cc/5Hp boost there because of the new ECO filters? I see the torque is exactly the same. Is there any difference in performance? I can't find any 0-60 specs for the new engines at our local dealership site edit: nvm...
  14. Skipp

Clutch sound when shifting to higher gears

Ok, mine is definitely not as loud to hear from another passing car lol, but i'm glad to hear it's a common thing. I asked about it at my local dealership and they said they never had any issues with the clutch and to report back after a few thousand km if there are any changes to the way the...
  15. Skipp

Where do you put your big...

I own a Huawei P10 so it fits perfectly into the front compartment even when plugged in via USB. If I were you, i'd just get a longer cable and place it somewhere on the side of the handbrake into the armrest compartment. That way you can have the front compartment empty and your phone safely...
  16. Skipp

Anyone had this happen?

Mine looks like this. It's on the top-right part of the wheel like I already said so it's not somewhere you'd usually scratch it while exiting the car
  17. Skipp

Anyone had this happen?

I have a 1month old Leon and i have the same marks on the upper-right part of the wheel. I'm 100% sure i didn't damage it in any way - but i just thought it was a leather thing.
  18. Skipp

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Straight out of the car-wash. Nice and shiny :drive1:
  19. Skipp

Leon 2018 impressions - the first month

Had the car checked - there's nothing wrong with it. It really depends if the gearbox oil is still cold or not. Most of my rides were from home to work (20min max), so I guess that was the main reason for the notchy gearbox. After a bit longer drive today - it did smooth-up so that's good!
  20. Skipp

Leon 2018 impressions - the first month

Hmm... but why does the gearbox behave differently when shifting out of gear into neutral? That's the part that baffles me. The gearshift movement is silky smooth when you put it out of gear every single time - no matter the position.