Search results

1. TheSwede

For anyone who owned an mk3 and upgraded

Yes, and have nothing to do with "copper" look :). My Copper R is produced Feb 2018.
  2. TheSwede

My 2018 Cupra R copper badged have no GPF. It has MPI (multiple injection), the GPF cars just have DI.
  3. TheSwede

Hmmmm, i30N... I'm a VAG enthusiast so I think you should buy a Cupra Leon mk4 if you don't want a mk3. I don't know anything about Hyundai, probably will never own one :). Mk4 is a great car but not perfect as I mentioned. The mk4 Facelift perhaps wiil have some added buttons instead of...
  4. TheSwede

In the early fall of 2023 I received a business proposal from our local dealer to exchange my Mk3 Leon Cupra R manual for a new Golf mk8 R 20 years Edition, white with 0 km on the odo in their show room. My Cupra has done 30000 km (20000 miles). I test drove a Golf mk8 GTI Clubsport. About the...
  5. TheSwede

EVs good resale value?

Sweden - Last week I heard on the radio that some dealers are NOT trading in electric cars, it's too big risk. I only have petrol cars. will stick with that for now...
  6. TheSwede

Cupra Leon 245 won't start

You have many error messages! Low 12v battery level often cause lot of messages. Check your start battery voltage is my advice.
  7. TheSwede

Silica bag removed - losing coolant

PS it was repaired by a vw/seat dealer. At that time my son had taken over the Golf R. After 11 months this new pump started to leak. The repair was under warranty so there was no cost for the second repair...... :).
  8. TheSwede

For the Golf R i think the whole invoice was about 1300 eur. This car didn leak, the temperature just got very high. Took a tow truck to a work shop since it was big risk to drive on.
  9. TheSwede

Hi Everyone , Anyone know where I can find a repalcement for this T25 Torx Screw

By it from your local Seat /VW dealer. Not expensive.
  10. TheSwede

On my sons Cupra it was easy to see the leak after removing the under tray. Replacing pump housing unit is rather complicated job. I didnt do it by my self on any of our cars. Both of them (Cupra and Golf R) were about 1000 km from home up north in the middle of the winter.....
  11. TheSwede

The water you have in engine bay. You can taste it very carefully on the tip of the tongue, should be a little sweet if it's coolant. Spit it out immediately, it's poisonous!! Rinse your mouth. Normally never take it in your mouth.
  12. TheSwede

You have the EA888 engine. I have removed the silica bag before Christmas on 3 cars, Leon Cupra R 310, Cupra 300 and Golf Alltrack all have EA888 engine. Very small risk for coolant leaks because of that! The thermostat / water pump unit is rather complicated to remove. I would say if you...
  13. TheSwede

2018 Leon 2.0 TSI DSG Cambelt or chain?

We have 3 EA888 cars in the family. No change of timing chain. During the last 14 years we have had 3 more of EA888. Never had any problem with the chain. We change oil more often than the service indicator suggests ;).
  14. TheSwede

stop/start?

Read this posting and the tread. You will find an answer: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/start-stop-removal.472526/#post-5049011
  15. TheSwede

Recommended engine oil

"Supposed to put in 508 00". Extracion from your posting #7 in this tread. Look into attached picture. you can use 504 00 instread of 508 00 flex service (LL) but perhaps with deterioatation of exhaust values... no problem in my world :)
  16. TheSwede

Recommended engine oil

Yes, that is what I sayed notice "eg".... Have also used Shell ETC a couple of years ago.
  17. TheSwede

2020 Ateca Driver's Door Lock Mechanism Frozen

The door lock unit is placed in the red circle area. Could also be the wire from inner door handle. That is not so easy the heat.
  18. TheSwede

2020 Ateca Driver's Door Lock Mechanism Frozen

In Sweden we sometimes fill a plastic bag with hot water an hold it tight to the surface where you have the door lock, the area between the outer/inner door. The locks get lithium grease, the visible parts which hook to the b-pillar. Very common problem with all car brands. SE is a cold country!
  19. TheSwede

start/stop removal

I have practised the volt method on several VW/SEAT/SKODA cars 2013 -2020. As “tracktoy" writes, doesn’t have any impact on later cars. The newest one I did it with success was my sons MK3 Leon Cupra ST 2019 (a car with GPF /gasoline particular/- filter) manufactured October 2018. I didn’t...
  20. TheSwede

Removing silica bag from coolant header tank

From what I've seen the EA888 TSI engine Leon mk3 Cupra /Golf 7 GTI /R contains 8 liters coolant. This corresponds my experiences when I changed the coolant from G13 for the G12 EVO. Then you need 10 L I suppose.