Search results

1. TheSwede

EVs good resale value?

Sweden - Last week I heard on the radio that some dealers are NOT trading in electric cars, it's too big risk. I only have petrol cars. will stick with that for now...
  2. TheSwede

Ctek CS Free charger

Charging. Normally I use Ctek MSX 5.0, one for my bike and another for our cars. When I read about CS Free I wanted to try it. It’s possible to charge a battery without any cable to main power 230v. It takes the power from the built in powerbank. You need to charge the powerbank from 230v. We...
  3. TheSwede

New brake pads for my Leon III Cupra R 2018 with 370mm Brembo front discs.

Driving pattern. Sometimes I visit a Trackday but mainly I use it on ordinary roads. I have been pleased with the OE-pads so far but the SEAT dealer are rather expensive so this time I want to see if I can replace them with something else. I have the OE-pads today. In front the brand is Pagid...
  4. TheSwede

Boot liner Leon Cupra ST 2019.

I intend to buy a boot liner for my sons Leon Cupra ST 2019 estate. I found a Seat dealer item no 5F9061205A, but it seems to only fit “ordinary” ST, NOT Cupra ST or CNG cars as you can see below. Does anyone know which Item no I could use...
  5. TheSwede

OBD11 Show fan speed in automatic mode Leon mk3 Face Lift

Show fan speed in automatic mode As you know, in manual mode the speed segments are led us indicating the fan speed, however they are not automatic. With this mod the it'll also show in automatic mode. 1 - Module 08 - Electronic air conditioning / heating 2 - Extended Coding (Bytes) 3 - Byte...
  6. TheSwede

Oiled Air filter BMC or K&N

I have used JR and K&N oiled panel filters over the years in different VAG cars. Haven’t found any debris / fine dust in the intake channel after the filter. I analyse it in detail! What about BMC oiled filters compared to others? Where do they stand, do BMC filter smaller particles than K&N...
  7. TheSwede

New York Times – Wise words!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/23/opinion/sunday/stick-shift-cars.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage /Peter
  8. TheSwede

Wing mirror carbon fiber covers Leon MK3

I wish to swap to CF covers on my Cupra. Have anyone of you bought a pair for decent price with good fitting? OEM is an alternative however I expect them to be very expensive. Have googled got a few hits.. /Peter
  9. TheSwede

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Continental Sport Contact 6

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Continental Sport Contact 6 235/35 ZR19. My Cupra R have Conti 5P from delivery. I use to go on track days now and then and have heard that Conti 5P have weak sidewalls. Also they get rather bad reviews on this forum ;). I had Michelin PS4S on my former Golf 7R. They...
  10. TheSwede

Beats Audio Leon Cupra

My Cupra R 2018 have the Beats Audio system. I want to increase the volume level on the radio source. There are setting to adjust external media sources as BT and AUX to Low / Normal / High level, but not the radio level from what I know. Anyone who knows if this is possible? Perhaps with VCDS...
  11. TheSwede

Engine under cover Cupra R 2018 310.

Yesterday I fitted a Forge dogbone insert (low engine mount in subframe) on my Cupra R 2018 310. No problems, it went well :). Needed to take down the plastic under cover/engine shield to be able to adjust the engine to fit to the bolt. I noticed that the car have a whole cover /engine shield...
  12. TheSwede

New Cupra user

Hi all! New user of your forum. So far one can say that I'm a dedicated VAG guy, definitely a senior. Over the years we always have had at least one VW/Audi in the family, that goes from the day I took my driving license. I live in southern Sweden. Now I have bought my first Seat. However I’m a...