Search results

1. Leon20vt4

SPECIAL 3D Printed Leon 1M Parts & Ideas Thread

Hey Gents just wanted to make a thread of all of my progress with my custom parts for our Cupras and Cupra Rs. I will start out with a list of everything that will be made, all designed and manufactured by me here in Germany [emoji28][emoji23] If you guys have any requests or ideas please...
  2. Leon20vt4

Crazy Starting issues... when will I find the gremlin!?!?

All right guys so I’ve just about had enough of my starting issues it drives me crazy and I want to blow my brains out. Just want to get some of your guys his opinions before I start trying to trace down the gremlin. So after replacing the transmission the car sat for two months and I went to...
  3. Leon20vt4

Someone please come buy this 4x4 Cupra as a track car!!! Before it goes to the crusher!!!

So there is a 1.8t Cupra 4x4 Rolling shell that is gonna go to the crusher if nobody buys it by the end of September! I talked to the guy and he’s asking 500 euros... hes desperate and would probably take 300... in the cars paperwork it has a BAM conversion so in fact you could have a legal...
  4. Leon20vt4

PORSCHE BREMBO 6 & 4 Piston BIG BRAKE Upgrade Thread (Leon 1m/mk1)

Hey guys just wanted to put this out there some proper information on upgrading Leon brakes to the big ole 18z Porsche Cayenne Brembo setup. not to be confused with the 17z's that are SHITE for our cars since the caliper pistons are bigger supposedly the master cylinder cant keep up. That being...
  5. Leon20vt4

Widest wheels for 1M? with fender rolling?!?! How wide are you?

Alright guys so i have searched alot... the results are endless... How wide of wheels can you throw under the 1M Leon? including fender rolling. Im trying to fit some 18x9 ET30's without running a crazy stretched tire. Anyone have anything similar? What setup are you running? Thanks in...
  6. Leon20vt4

HELP!!! Need someone in UK to put my car parts on a PALLET!!!

Hey everyone soooo as the title says... I need someone to collect a bundle of parts for me, strap it to a pallet and I can have a shipping company pick it up. I'm willing to pay for someone to help me out. I really don't want to drive 1000miles and cross the channel unless there is NO other...
  7. Leon20vt4

Help me pick parts to pass my strict German inspection (TüV)

You guys think MOT is hard? Try Germany... or better yet switzerland... in swiss 1 small piece of rust showing and its an instant fail on inspection. Anyways my buddy who owns a shop looked over my car and gave me a list of everything I need to do to get it to pass our every 2 year TüV...
  8. Leon20vt4

How much rust is too much rust? Share your personal rust pics of your leon

Hey guys so I'm trying to see what "normal rust is" for these mk1 cars. I've got my car on the lift and its worrying me a bit. But I'm from California where rust doesn't exist on cars. HELP! ILL POST MY 1M FOR EXAMPLE.
  9. Leon20vt4

Custom intercooler sizing opinions needed!?!?

Hey guys so long story short like everything else I'm doing I dont like going with the flow and like making all my own custom items when I can for my car. I will be making a custom same side intercooler to go with the stock largeport AGU manifold for my 500+hp build. Along with using it for my...
  10. Leon20vt4

Shell and Build or Full Car and Strip?!?! 1m 4x4 Track car

Hey guys so I'm always looking at the next project and i would love a track car. there is no way wifey would let me strip down our family "Man Wagon" 1m Cupra so im looking for a track car. Ofcourse I would love it to be a 1m 4x4 cupra like what i have to stay in the cupra family with both cars...
  11. Leon20vt4

500hp engine parts list

So on top of me repairing and tuning up the Leon 4x4 to stage 2 I am also building a 500hp engine setup on the side... oh my wallet Hey guys just wanted to get my parts list checked off as im starting to buy things for this build and get a few questions answered. The car is a Seat leon 4x4 (...
  12. Leon20vt4

Built AGU engine swap help

I'm in the process of building an AGU block from a 150ps a3. Shooting for 500-600hp on e85. I have a few major questions. The built engine will be replacing my ARY (180hp k03s non vvt) engine. First off I know the AGU is coming from a Motronic 3.8? And has a cable driven throttle body. Can I...
  13. Leon20vt4

550hp goal Mk1 Cupra turbo flow rate help!

So... some assholes here in Germany royally pissed me off, shitting on my car because its not a "Cupra R" and only a Cupra... Needless to say I specifically bought my car for the AWD because I can't stand FWD cars. I would've bought a Cupra R if it was possible to get an AWD. Funny enough...
  14. Leon20vt4

Wheel fitment help! 18x8 or 18x9!?!? Porsche wheels!!!!

Hey everyone so I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I have a special set of Porsche 911 wheels that I think will look... how you Brits say... "smart" on my mk1 Cupra. Only problem is I cant decide between 8 inch wide or 9 inch wide with it. I should mention I don't like running stretched...
  15. Leon20vt4

IAN'S CUPRA 4X4 STAGE 2+ TECHNICAL UPGRADE THREAD

Hey, guys so I'm starting this thread to follow along with my progress and all the technical problems and solutions I may come across in building up my 4wd 20vt. I will also have a reader's ride thread but this is the technical side of everything all the in-depth build, down and dirty, the...
  16. Leon20vt4

LEON MK1 UPGRADE GUIDE? would be nice when it worked... :(

Hey guys so i'm not sure if you noticed there is a mk1 leon upgrade guide in the reference zone on the site... problem is it was never completed. any insight to this? id be willing to complete it if given access to the old sight. it would be really good to have...
  17. Leon20vt4

Can anyone PLEASE recommend an E-Tuner for me?

Hey everyone if you haven't noticed I'm not in the UK like you blokes so I cannot drive up to a tuner and get it tuned on a dyno. It is popular in the US to get E tuned... I did so on my 400hp WRX and it was the tits ( • )( • ). You log your car and send the logs to the tuner and they send you...
  18. Leon20vt4

Great info Single Mass Flywheel 02m 6 speed Resources!

Hey everyone so after many many hours and long long nights of researching all over the place I was able to put together a few resources for everyone looking at doing an SMF (single mass flywheel) conversion to get away from the dreaded stock DMF (dual mass flywheel). Here are some options...
  19. Leon20vt4

02M 6 speed DIY rebuild help

Hey everyone so the 3rd gear on my 20vt 4wd has gone kaputo... actually i bought the car that way. regardless i think its 3rd gear the symptoms point to 3rd. Every gear engages just fine except 3rd gear, and whenever you drive the car no matter what gear you are in the transmission makes alot...
  20. Leon20vt4

Parts diagrams with part numbers?

Hey everyone new owner here of a 2001 1.8t 20v 4wd. I've been looking all over hell for exploded parts diagrams for the Mk1 leon. I found and purchased a complete repair manual which is great but doesn't have the part numbers. Anyone know where I can use a detailed search database with exploded...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise