Search results

1. Rooster

Camshaft alignment tool

For sale, Laser camshaft alignment tool for the 1.4 TSi petrol engine with ACT/COD, used once and like new, can post if required.
  2. Rooster

DSG7 magazine article

For those that are interested, the latest edition of Car Mechanics magazine has an article on the VAG seven speed DSG.
  3. Rooster

Show us your 2 wheels ...

Enjoy, they're mental!
  4. Rooster

Show us your 2 wheels ...

After a lifetime of bikes, at 64 this is my go to at the moment, comfy, easy maintenance and nippy, oh, and the 14,000 red line is awesome!
  5. Rooster

1.4Tsi (CZEA) Water pump/Thermostat housing

Hi, as you already have noted, it's not too challenging dependant on your skill level. when you remove the pump the belt just slides off the cam wheel. There is a procedure for tensioning the new belt, this is achieved by not fully tightening the pump bolts, and then applying a specified torque...
  6. Rooster

New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Glad you’re getting sorted, your engine must have been “beyond economical repair” as they say!
  7. Rooster

Or, German premium brand tech fits incorrect tensioner, larger than the original so the plastic cover won’t go back on, solution? Take a junior hacksaw and cut a chunk out! I could go on for hours but the grass needs cutting!
  8. Rooster

I’ve just remembered another, workshop manual and literature in the timing belt box clearly states “only turn the tensioner counter clockwise” So which way do you think that it got turned so that the timing belt rubbed against itself on its opposing run, resulting in engine failure two weeks...
  9. Rooster

You would certainly think and hope that would be the case, I can tell you though from experience as a Staff Engineer with AA Technical Services that I examined absolutely loads of dealer muck ups, on virtually all makes where the correct procedure had not been followed. One interesting case was...
  10. Rooster

If it’s the ACT engine then another member had similar issues if I remember right. If you search Laser Tools on the internet there is a warning for the cam belt locking tool being over tightened causing damage? In over 50 years of vehicle engineering experience I have never seen a new tensioner...
  11. Rooster

Strange rattle noise - 1.8 tsi manual

Did you find out what it was?
  12. Rooster

Strange rattle noise - 1.8 tsi manual

That needs looking at asap, difficult to tell from the clip, timing chain or alternator pulley freewheel maybe?
  13. Rooster

Leon ST tailgate weather seal.

Tailgate weather seal to fit Leon ST, replaced to try to cure a water leak, however the new seal didn’t cure it, it started leaking too after a short while, it’s intact with no rips or tears etc.
  14. Rooster

Undertray damage. Replace or repair?

Just cover the holes with black Gorilla tape for now.
  15. Rooster

Misfire

Great, glad you got it sorted 👍
  16. Rooster

Main Dealer "Major" Service work

In my opinion, for a six/seven year old car you need to find a VAG Independent Repair Business.
  17. Rooster

Misfire

That sounds correct, seems to an issue across the VAG range. If it’s being doing it for a while get the oil and filter changed as the oil my be contaminated. Saves you from more issues in the future.
  18. Rooster

Rattle in engine at idle

The high pressure fuel pump on this range of engines can make a metallic “clacking” sound, that annoyingly can be intermittent.
  19. Rooster

No more Seat

Thanks fella's, replacing the Leon was more difficult than I imagined! I had quite a few boxes to tick, including a car that Mrs Rooster would be happy driving. I tried a whole range of cars, Arona, Ateca, Karoq, Golf Estate, Passat Estate, Octavia, T-Cross, T-Roc, A3 etc etc. After all that the...
  20. Rooster

No more Seat

Hi, after four years of ownership, my Leon ST has gone to pastures new. It was certainly one of the best cars that I have owned, but I do think I have been lucky, with it only being afflicted with some minor issues. Mods, keep up the good work, this site is a valuable asset to members and...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members