Search results

1. Coolant smell through vents... 1.2 TSI

Hi there - just back to this after a while and symptoms are exactly the same. I don't suppose it is possible to diagnose a bust heater matrix...?
  2. Coolant smell through vents... 1.2 TSI

Hi folks, 2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR ST (50k miles) Looking for a bit of advice. About a week ago I began to smell what I'm fairly sure is coolant coming through the air vents. It's pretty distinctive and occurs after the car has warmed to temperature and is stopped (e.g. in traffic). Some...
  3. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Hi folks, On whether you need to inform your insurer when you switch to winter tyres - this might be of use... https://www.abi.org.uk/globalassets/files/publications/public/motor/2017/10/abi-guide-to-winter-driving---the-motor-insurance-commitment.pdf
  4. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Hi RUM4MO. It looks like I missed your last message. I've still to get to this (moving house got in the way) so will need to check. I'll see if I can see which calipers are fitted. Cheers, Dave
  5. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Thanks again for the info. According to the sticker in the front of the maintenance record the engine code is CBZB. Wikipedia says this code is for the 1.2 TSI Inline-4 OHC 8 valve 105 PS which I think is the higher output version of the 1.2 (max hp 104)? The CJZC code is also a 1.2 TSI...
  6. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

By way of an update for anyone else looking to drop a rim size... the spare wheel in the boot is a 14" rim with a 165/70 (R14) 81T tyre on it. While I haven't had it on the car to check, that should mean that you can drop from a 16" all the way to 14" without issue.
  7. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Hi RUM4MO. I think the 185/60 R15 on a 6J rim will be the solution for me. Good intel on your wife's Polo too. I'll need to get in quick as prices are climbing by the day on mytres. The last piece of the jigsaw will be the load rating and whether they need to be re-inforced or not. There's...
  8. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Great shout on the spare wheel. Should have thought to check!
  9. Dropping wheel size for winter wheels - 16" to 15"?

Hi folks, I've recently picked up a 14-plate 1.2 TSI Ibiza FR ST. It has the 16" cartago alloy wheels but I'm considering getting a 2nd set of steel wheels to fit winter tyres. In the past I've always dropped a wheel size when doing this (to make things a bit more economical price-wise and...
  10. New member

Much obliged. Will have a hunt around. Cheers, Dave
  11. New member

Hi folks, Another newbie. I've recently picked up a 2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR ST. The top end engine bearings went on my previous motor - a 2007 2.0 Mazda MX5 which went like absolute stink - which enforced a rapid hunt round the local dealerships for a replacement car. The Ibiza was the pick...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise