Search results

1. Mystery290

Few performance parts for Mk4 Leon Cupra 290 GPF (May fit others)

Turbo elbow & hose now sold, DTUK box and res delete still available
  2. Mystery290

Few performance parts for Mk4 Leon Cupra 290 GPF (May fit others)

Hi all, sadly my Cupra has gone back to the lease company and been replaced with a 3 series oil burner! I've decided to sell the bits I had fitted to mine for somebody else's enjoyment, and thought I'd try here before the dreaded 'bay. The parts have only been fitted for 2 years, and have...
  3. Mystery290

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

I’ve tried both to be fair, the old HD wax was very good, pretty easy to apply and buff off for a hard wax, the new Ultra HD wax is even better, it goes further as it’s a softer compound, sort of half way between a hard wax and a firm paste and it’s roughly the same to buff off. The depth is...
  4. Mystery290

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I did, had them fitted for around a week now and I think to be fair the difference is only noticeable under hard acceleration where the engine seems a little more eager due to the freer flow of air. I’ve heard a few occasional turbo noises that weren’t there before, but as it’s still the...
  5. Mystery290

Show us your water beading...

It’s the only silver lining lol!
  6. Mystery290

Show us your water beading...

Spent 3 hours yesterday washing and waxing the car - only for it to p*** down ever since, on the up side, just noticed this :drool:
  7. Mystery290

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

My Cupra freshly coated in Autoglym HD wax yesterday (before it started raining) :banghead2
  8. Mystery290

The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

I’ll give it a try tomorrow! I have to admit I really don’t mind the soundaktor as much as most on here, if anything I quite like it...but I guess if it tightens everything up without drowning out the pops that could be fun
  9. Mystery290

I haven’t actually tried sport mode yet - I have only used Comfort and Cupra - I thought Sport and Individual were somewhat redundant to me - as myself in particular I tend to go all or nothing, if I’m driving around town it’s in comfort and if I want to get moving or have a spirited drive on a...
  10. Mystery290

I couldn’t be happier with it to be honest! It’s exactly how I wanted it to be - quiet and comfortable and only loud under heavy throttle! There’s no noticeable increase in drone at motorway speeds either which is a bonus...not sure if this is cancelled out by the 7th gear or the GPF? After some...
  11. Mystery290

Hi mate, one of the guys at my work did it for me on our lift. I’m not sure who around here would do it to be fair - but my first point of call would be ‘Tints n Tweeks’ in Ashington, they should be able to help you. They are custom exhaust builders and I’ve had stuff done by them in the past...
  12. Mystery290

Little update - I’ve fitted the Pipercross panel filter and the Ramair intake hose & turbo inlet. Very little if any noticeable added sound as expected but car feels slightly easier at the bottom end as the turbo seems to be spooling sooner. I’ve also fitted the res delete! I can confirm the V3...
  13. Mystery290

Thanks mate, I will try the seats down too - hopefully the videos will come out okay as my GoPro is broken so they’ll be iPhone videos :headhurt:
  14. Mystery290

Well my car was delivered yesterday and I love it already - I for one love the sound although it is very muted. In 2nd gear at low speeds and light throttle I can hear the exhaust burble on the overrun and it even seemed to attempt a few cracks but it’s very muffled. I think the noise is still...
  15. Mystery290

I agree - the difference seems too great to be res delete alone. I will try and get some videos before and after for comparison and then again after 1000 miles or so to try and get a feel for the difference between brand new, res delete and res delete once run in.
  16. Mystery290

Yeah I had read that the exhaust itself requires some ‘bedding in’ as it changes in tone as it soots up. It seems like a night and day difference to the other 290s I’ve seen on here and on YouTube so I’m thinking it has more than a res delete... I saw your initial video and thought it still...
  17. Mystery290

I thought that at first, although to be fair a lot of the non-UK cars seem to still have silver badges fitted as standard? Plus it seems to have the latest digital cockpit?
  18. Mystery290

Has anybody else seen this recently added video on YouTube? Shows a 2019 290 driving through a tunnel, in the comments the chap claims it has a res delete, surely that’s not all it has for it to be so aggressive compared to the very quiet standard cars with GPF? Sounds fantastic!
  19. Mystery290

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Nothing on mine yet as it doesn’t arrive till Friday, however I got some parcels today ready for it’s arrival :happy: Vagsport V3 res delete pipe, RamAir turbo inlet elbow & silicone hose and a Pipercross foam panel filter...oh and my DTUK module with app control was delivered on Saturday...