Search results

1. Autogefuhl driving review

And I see TeslaBjorn has also had access to (what I presume is) a production car now:
  2. Autogefuhl driving review

3. I'm in a quandary

Thanks and yeah, I appreciate that the tyre profile is only one aspect that determines ride quality overall, but it's perhaps still useful to have some sort of benchmark. And for me that is not wanting to go lower than 40 profile, whether that's on a 19 or 20" wheel. It's not just the ride, I...
  4. I'm in a quandary

Thanks, that's a helpful comment. Yes, I think that the Q-car (is that phrase still used these days?) character of the Cupra Ateca has some real appeal. And in some ways I quite like the no-nonsense boxy but practical shape - it does remind me of the Yeti I used to run some years back -...
  5. I'm in a quandary

I'm in a quandary for choosing my next car and was just wondering whether anyone here might have any pointers for me. Perhaps it's all just down to me and my individual preferences - obviously no-one else can decide for me. That's all fine, but any thoughts would be gratefully received. Scenario...
  6. What's the latest?

@jcbmally: Many thanks - just the concise summary I was looking for. Re the pan roof: I think the issue is that the pan roof seemingly uses some particular chip that is in especially short supply. I suspect this chip probably serves a very mundane purpose and in all likelihood is a fairly bread...
  7. What's the latest?

Time to think about my next new car (to follow my current Q3 SB 45TFSI) and considering a Formentor VZ2 with sunroof. Actually, I've been mulling it over in the background for a while now and watching reviews & forums. But time to assess things more seriously now. I'm aware that the Formentor...
  8. Cupra Ateca VZ1 or Audi Q3 S Line

Interestingly I'm considering going in the opposite direction - Q3 Sportback 45TFSI (quattro of course) to the Ateca VZ2 (or maybe Formentor VZ2 - not sure which way I might jump!). Main motivation is the extra power in the Cupra's. 45TFSI is OK, but 300bhp would be around 30% more, which is...
  9. Top 3 good and bad things about the Formentor

Wonder if that's a modern VAG thing? I know it's not a Formentor, but it's a criticism I have of my current 2020 Q3 SB 45TFSI, which I suspect is not dissimilar in underlying spec to the Formentor. For me, the air coming out of the face-level vents is often uncomfortably hot or cold at times...
  10. Test drive input ?

Shame about the roof bars IMO - would likely look distinctly better without the bars. See Q3 Sportback.
  11. Launch experiences

Do you really classify 300bhp from 2l as highly strung these days? EA888 has been running at this sort of power for quite a few years now. If it was tuned into the 350-400bhp range (still from 2l) like some other makes then I might agree.
  12. Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

OK, thanks. That deep link doesn't seem to work directly, but googling autoebid and formentor does the trick (at least if you're logged in to autoebid already). But cash discount is only 2.9%. The 6.6% figure is presumably clawed back from overcharging for credit on PCP/PCH, as usual with these...
  13. Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

Yes, that's where the 4% comes from (Broadspeed IIRC). Carwow rarely seems to be a good hunting ground for cash discounts - I think 1% is the best there at present. And some the other familiar discounters (DTD, Carfile amongst others) are not offering Seat at all (Carfile) or if Seat is there...
  14. Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

Is there a thread anywhere for cash discounts (or can we discuss that here as well as PCP/PCH)? Best I can see at present is around 4%, which doesn't compare well with eg Golf R offers, but that may not be comparing like with like, ie VW may have built a higher margin into list price than Seat...
  15. CUPRA’s first all-electric model the CUPRA el-Born unveiled

Yes, agreed. Now, if only we could arrange to get that fuel dispensed at home while the car was sitting around doing nothing (overnight, for example) then that really would be the ultimate solution. This way the dispensing time - within reason - is almost irrelevant.
  16. Autocar less than enthusiastic now

Specifically about hard ride and road noise it would seem - see comments in: https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/tester’s-notes/matt-prior-has-performance-suspension-hit-bump-road Any comments from among the few here who have taken delivery or had an extended drive? Must say that the one aspect...
  17. CUPRA Ateca owner's register

A driving review here would be good, but focusing on driving and dynamics. I think we all know by now that it's effectively a standard Ateca with an odd badge but a Golf R engine, so no need to repeat all that. What I'm interested in are things that you can't tell from a showroom look-over, ie...
  18. Must have option?

Must say that the limited options available here in the UK are what's stopped me ordering a Cupra Ateca. Specifically I would have wanted electric seats to get some variable tilt to the base cushion. It's not so much that not having electric seats is a deal-breaker, but the Cupra price is...
  19. Cupra Ateca Review

And another new one, this time from What Car - maybe the most balanced shorter review I've seen. Also quotes a 0-60 of 4.7 secs, which is the fastest I've seen - possibly a mistake, given that others are quoting 5.1 or 5.2 secs as 0-60 (presumably based on 5.4sec 0-100kph)
  20. Cupra Ateca Review

Rather an odd and uneven review, though good to see a new UK-based one. Too much time on branding and questioning why the exhaust isn't louder or the need at all for a compact performance SUV, but one or two good points, eg the interior not being different/special enough.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.