Search results

1. TheLuckys

How can we remove the OPF completely???

In theory you can just remove them, just as any other exhaust parts like cats or resonators. Exhaust regulations may cause problems though, depending on where you're located. Your car may not pass inspection after opf removal. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  2. TheLuckys

Standing start

That depends on what you think is "better". The VAQ diff is electronically controlled, meaning it can lock not just based on wheel spin, but also based on throttle input, steering angle, speed, etc. A mechanical diff will usually only lock after wheel spin is detected, this means you're already...
  3. TheLuckys

Standing start

We're going off topic here, but it actually still helps even if both wheels are spinning. If it weren't for the diff only one wheel would be spinning, and it would receive all the engine's power. Since the diff will lock in situations like that the power is split between both wheels, which is...
  4. TheLuckys

Standing start

Here's your answer then. I measured using Torque Pro over OBD. The launches are inconsistent though, varying from 5.1s - 6.0s 0-100km/h. -- EDIT -- I have a MY19 Cupra 290, YMMV with other models. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  5. TheLuckys

Standing start

Totally agree, but the diff in the cupra will help you a bit there. You really have more grip to work with than normal FWD cars. AWD will indeed always be king for traffic light drag racing though. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  6. TheLuckys

Standing start

I got the best results 0-100 by not using launch control and managing throttle myself. Turning TC on or off doesn't really matter IMO; if you push it to where TC kicks in you've gone too far anyway. With some practice you can get away without leaving half of your tires stuck on the tarmac. Sent...
  7. TheLuckys

DSG and stationary traffic

That doesn't sound good at all, I'd have it looked at. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  8. TheLuckys

Metal clunking noise

Check your shock absorbers. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  9. TheLuckys

After which you leave 7 pounds of rubber on the tarmac and get shaken to death by wheel hop. I can confirm the times you mentioned; simply setting off and carefully managing throttle you're faster than with the launch control. I don't think it's very easy on the clutch either. I remember...
  10. TheLuckys

cooling down a turbo

AFAIK the turbo doesn't need cooling down after a drive. Also, it's not something you "kick in", it's always on when the car is running. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  11. TheLuckys

Some DSG (or other dual clutch automatic transmission) equipped vehicles are programmed to start creeping when the driver lets go of the brakes. This is done to mimic traditional torque converted automatic behavior as people are used to those. I don't think there are cars that actually keep...
  12. TheLuckys

I just have it in drive all the time, it shouldn't be an issue. However, do pay attention to very slow moving traffic (slower than rolling in 1st gear), as this will lead to wearing down your clutch much faster. Whenever this happens to me, I just stop until there's a big enough gap to really...
  13. TheLuckys

Engine temperature gauge wrong?

I guess it depends on what you mean by engine temperature. The temperature of the entire block is probably closer to your coolant temperature. The coolant will always be cooler than the block (when the engine is warm) though, otherwise it wouldn't be cooling the engine. The ambient temperature...
  14. TheLuckys

Mine also does this sometimes, although it's usually after a sporty drive. If your temps are normal while driving I wouldn't worry about it. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  15. TheLuckys

The one on the left of your instrument cluster is not your engine temperature. Instead, it's the temperature of your coolant. Due to the design of the EA888 engine in the Cupra, the coolant heats up very fast (it's cooling the exhaust manifold). The gauge on the center display is probably...
  16. TheLuckys

The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

It'll get better, trust me :). Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  17. TheLuckys

I'm at about 17k km now (10k+ mi), and I've noticed the bangs getting especially loud when I start pushing the car. I'll work on a new video. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  18. TheLuckys

Do you have the automatic parking brake on? If so that may cause this issue if you're driving away a bit too quickly. Move it from Park into Drive and give it just the tiniest bit of gas, then just let go. You'll hear the parking brake disengaging and you'll slowly start rolling. If you give it...
  19. TheLuckys

0-100 time?

Yes, I have: Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  20. TheLuckys

Sounds like an issue for the dealer. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.