Search results

1. Saying bye to the leon

Yes the Scirocco's are nice, I also test drove one, but as the previous poster said, they are a nightmare to get in and out of. Being 6'4 I'd be forever hitting my head getting in and out of the car which seemed daft. So ruled it out personally for me.
  2. Insurance

The whole market is insane. It worked out better for me to cancel, pay the £25 fee and collect a pro-rata'd rebate, then sign up again with another insurer. I moved from a stock 140hp Stylance to a stock 170hp Supercopa and it was £100 per year less. :confused:
  3. Supercopa purchase

Thanks for all the replies guys, its useful to know the new buy price so with a couple of thousand on the clock, I can hopefully push for a better deal as its coming up to their year end also.. Will probably go down the leasing option, I think, has anyone actually managed to get them down to a...
  4. Supercopa purchase

Thanks marty_34 Yes for new they are offering 0% APR, but looking at the configuration tool online, they don't seem to be offering many options as presumably they are just getting rid of residual stock to make way for new ones. For leasing they are presently quoting 8.4% APR and don't offer 0%...
  5. Supercopa purchase

Hi all Looking at getting one of these. Been offered a '62 plate with 2k miles for 19k by a dealer. This seems a little toppy, but interested to hear what the boards think? Also out of curiosity, anyone who has leased - when negotiating do the dealers have the ability to adjust the...
  6. esp light on

FWIW - I refused to pay anything, threatened legal action against the dealership as this is a known issue and was inherently faulty at time of purchase, thus Sale of Goods Act says you have 6 years from time of purchase to make a claim Never been serviced by a Seat Dealership as I made clear...
  7. TDI FR Traction Control Light

Sure - please PM me your email and I'll mail it to you - don't want to post on here to avoid spam etc.
  8. TDI FR Traction Control Light

I had this on my 07 Leon and following an exchange of mails got them to cover the cost in full despite it being out of warranty and never having been near a SEAT dealer for any form of servicing... More than happy to share my correspondence with others as I'm pretty confident you will get the...
  9. esp light stuck on

Job done - SEAT replacing and installing the part for free.:D
  10. esp light stuck on

Ok I have this same problem and have been doing some research into this. I think there is a good case for taking them to court. Reason being Sales of Goods act says after 6 months, the burden of proof is on the consumer to prove the goods were fault at the time of purchase. Mindful they have...
  11. Head Unit tripping something?

*bump* Anyone :)
  12. Head Unit tripping something?

Ok I've been trawling the forums and think it might be something to do with the Can Bus. I have the connects 2 model here although it says it provides switched ignition, it doesn't (maybe the can bus has become faulty? - can they go wrong )...
  13. Head Unit tripping something?

Hi all Just fitted a CDX-GT930UI Have power going into it no problem as the motorized front works fine. Had tested it on another car and it powered up with everything working fine. However when I installed it into my MKII stylance, I have no display on the unit. When driving home this...
  14. Standard speaker quality

Thanks guys - glad to know my ears weren't deceiving me. I work at Sony so will grab a basic pair of ours I think.
  15. Standard speaker quality

Hi What are the forums views on the quality of the standard speakers in the MK2 ( I have the stylance) I installed a new head unit and the quality is better but I'd swear (without any scientific proof mind you) that the basic MK1 speakers sounded better than the MK2. Will probably swap out...
  16. Headlight Warning Question

Ok, rookie question, but should there be a warning noise reminding me I've left my headlights on when I open the door? My old MK1 had one but my new MK2 Stylance doesn't seem to have one? Am I expecting a noise that doesn't exist? Thanks
  17. Bartletts Seat : St Leonards

Just like to echo previous comments - just bought a 2nd hand Leon from these guys and they were super helpful. i don't pretend to know a lot about cars, but they made the whole process extremely painless and straightforward, so thumbs up from me.
  18. Motorpoint

Thanks for detailed reply, really appreciate it :)
  19. Motorpoint

Brill thanks
  20. Motorpoint

Has anyone had any dealings with (good/bad) with Motorpoint http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(otdqnf45aj1aelzl1tp1sn55))/Search/GroupResults.aspx?make=Seat&model=&type=0 Seems to have loads of nearly new Leons at pretty crunchy pricing. Looking to get a TDI Stylance or Ref Sport and the...