Search results

1. martay777

Xcellence Lux (115ps) Ibiza Mk6 Problems:

The car is great except: - Transitioning through gears, especially 1 & 2, isn't that smooth - Rain sensor doesn't clear a drenched windscreen when starting the car. To get it to work I will need to either change the sensitivity setting or adjust wiper stalk. - Brake noise when brakes are...
  2. martay777

Xcellence Lux - 1 Month / 1000 Mile Review

I'm going to have the gears and brakes checked out on the 9th of April (the earliest appointment apparently). Did you receive a PDI certificate with your car?
  3. martay777

Does anyone have an issue with rough shifting to first gear? It doesn't feel as smooth as all of the other gears.
  4. martay777

My dealer thinks this is strange and was told to get my car booked in at my local Seat dealership.
  5. martay777

I've had mine for a week now and it really is a great drive. Noticeably different to my previous car - a 2006 Vauxhall Corsa :yes: My only issue is that my brakes are beginning to let out a small squeak when they are applied (I've only done 300 miles).
  6. martay777

Traffic sign recognition

They do sometimes appear in the digital cockpit, but they don't stay around for long
  7. martay777

Desire Red - Xcellence Lux 115ps (teaser video)

It took 3 weeks from ordering this car to have it delivered to the UK and it has been with my dealer for about a week now waiting to be picked up. Today she showed me a short video of it (picture quality isn't great) and thought some of you may be interested in seeing it too...
  8. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

Seat are responsible for the order until it arrives at the dealership, not the dealer. I'm not sure why your dealer is suggesting Seat will provide you with conflicting information. Talking from personal experience, I was able to extract a lot more useful information from Seat than my dealer...
  9. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

She's to the point, I'll give her that. I went for desire red in the end
  10. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

It's Laura for me too. My car has now arrived and I'll be collecting it in the morning on the 2nd of March. Exciting times ahead. Phoning up the dealer (more likely to act there and then) for the order number would be the best move if you want to track how your order is doing
  11. martay777

New Ibiza ordered!

It looks good in magnetic grey. I've got to ask...why is your check-engine light on?
  12. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

Thanks for the update! Phone up Seat customer services (your dealer will be too slow) with your order number and they'll give you the most up-to-date information. Ask for the ship it's on.
  13. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

I've been updated with the ship's name and can now track it live. Aboard the Viking Diamond and it has just docked in Le Havre, France. I imagine the next stop would be the UK.
  14. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

If your dealer has only just informed you that it has been built and is now in transit makes me believe your's was built at the same time as mine. May even be sharing the same ship to the UK. In fact, Seat have contacted me today saying that it will arrive in the Port of Sheerness within 2-4...
  15. martay777

Aftermarket speaker upgrade on Seat Ibiza 2017-18

What do other people think of the standard 6 speaker sound system? Do they sound tinny or do they have plenty of depth?
  16. martay777

XCELLENCE Lux Order

Same car as the one I've ordered. Was your car built on week 5 too?
  17. martay777

Traffic sign recognition

That'd be lazy and misleading if Seat simply copy and pasted from the Leon/Ateca Manual and attached it to the MY19 manual of the Ibiza. Granted, the wording is ambiguous, but I understood it as an included feature within the digital cockpit setup - something only introduced to MY19 Lux and...
  18. martay777

Traffic sign recognition

Page 105 - The manual states that one of the items viewable in the digital cockpit is: Page 175 - There's a warning about it too: Reference: https://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline/manuals.html?model=Ibiza(2018)&id=87&_charset_=UTF-8&version=ibiza2019_48
  19. martay777

Traffic sign recognition

According to the manual, yes it does.
  20. martay777

New Ibiza ordered!

It's worth waiting a little longer for the 19 plates that come out in less than 5 weeks. My car is expected to be ready before then, but I've told my dealer I won't be collecting the car until March so that a 19 plate can be registered on it.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members