Search results

1. bry

Altea Raised Boot Floor

I wanted a full size spare, hence the false floor! All the bits came to 104 quid: two rails, cross brace, 4 screws and floor plus foam insert for spare wheel - bit expensive but wanted it anyway. Don't have a breakdown on prices other than the screws cost 2 quid.
  2. bry

Altea Raised Boot Floor

Just fitted - pretty easy when you remove the three bits of carpet either side
  3. bry

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

Sort off - looking at the pictures, you wouldn't think there would be room for two sets of holes
  4. bry

Full size spare R16 5x112

I am looking for a steel (or alloy) full size spare with tyre as per title. I found some place online for the rim for about 40 quid but have lost the link (temporarly) If I remember correctly, the tyre took it to about 140 quid which was a bit OTT. Anyone recommend anywhere to get the rim...
  5. bry

LCR's in scotland

Try the garage in Inverness, they had loads last January, but things have probably changed since I bought mine. Maybe you can get an 'official' used LCR through them - phone them and leave your name and I'm sure they will get back to you. They were really nice with me and when I test drove...
  6. bry

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

Am I the only one still confused by that?
  7. bry

The washer jet upgrade part2!

Had a look but connections are buried somewhere so didnt get the screwdriver out. If there is an easy way, let me know and I'll look again! All I can say is that the jet block looks the same size and the 'fan' jet is much better - much much better
  8. bry

Altea Raised Boot Floor

Cheers, I'll get around to phoning a dealer some time.......
  9. bry

Cruise Control & windscreen washer lights dont opperate

Tip for cruise control - take your foot of the accelerator and if you stay at the same speed, it's on ;) 06 Stylance - no CC light, no washer light, but seatbelt light and beeps away
  10. bry

Altea Raised Boot Floor

I want to fit this as well...... from the other thread I have these part numbers: 5PO 858 855 D 1UA - false floor 5P5 858 833A - Rail (LH or RH) 5P5 858 834A - Rail (LH or RH) Is this all you need and are the fitting holes already there? After this I would also like a full size steel...
  11. bry

The washer jet upgrade part2!

I have fan jets on my Altea (06) - I might check if they can be fitted to my LCR
  12. bry

No Lights

Well, at least you took it in the spirit it was meant.... In our Altea, we generally leave the lights on all the time - the 'coming home' function takes care of switching them off.
  13. bry

No Lights

Why don't you drive with your door open? If you don't hear a beeping noise, your lights are off! ;)
  14. bry

Scottish Leon Cupra R owners?.

Make it a hatrick then - I'm from Caithness as well although based in Fife now. Just had it's first birthday....
  15. bry

iPod / MP3 Connection

Thanks Tell, should of thought of maplins as I use them a lot!! No Ipod for me as I am a 'creative' man ;) I'll have a read through these threads Cheers
  16. bry

iPod / MP3 Connection

Aux in On a slightly related topic.....I was mis-sold my June 06 Stylance (my fault for not checking) and I have neither an mp3 capable player nor an aux in. I am looking at a few ways of playing my mp3 collection in the altea - I installed a phatbox in my LCR and think it is great, but...
  17. bry

Leon CD Changer Fitting

See that cable!!!!!! Easy writing down the install instructions - took me an hour and a lot of skin to get the cable in behind the glovebox Then I stood back and thought about it - a bit of garden twine was used to pull the cable through - 5 min job. Hope this saves your skin
  18. bry

Tesco's 99 octane garage list

You didn't expect to get any decent oil based products near Aberdeen did you???!!
  19. bry

CD Changer HU

Briliant, cheers. Bought one last night with a set of VW brackets (same part no. almost as Seat website) for $255 - you were right P&P was taking the p!ss at $68, but all in all still works out at least 50 quid cheaper than any over here - just waiting for the customs charges now. I am...
  20. bry

how loud is the leon central locking?

Can I assume the 'chirp' is enabled via a PC and chirps when alarm is activated? Why is it not defaulted to ON?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members