Search results

1. Cupra been whacked

Thanks very much for the replies chaps. I'm going to take it back to the garage tomorrow to get them to check the brakes and wheel balance. I've had a good look at the tyre from the outside anyway and that seems fine. There's no juder from the steering wheel but somethings causing the...
  2. Cupra been whacked

Hi all, Hope you're all doing well. It's been a while since I've posted. I've been really enjoying the Cupra, coming up to 7,000 miles now and sounding lovely. Annoyingly, I noticed some damage the other day on the passenger side where the front bumper meets the wing and there's a chip taken...
  3. One thousand miles

What a milestone, today I hit 1,000 miles in the new Cupra. There's no doubt about it, it really feels like it's loosening up now. I was quite disappointed at first, coming from an M135i, the Cupra felt well off the pace but my mind is now changing. I find the mid range speed, say from 60+...
  4. What made you buy your Cupra?

Sold my M135i. Had lots of Golfs and an S3 before. I'm a bit of a badge snob but I know the Cupra's are great cars and the lease deal I found plus needing to keep costs down for a couple of years it was a no brainer. I love it, but, sadly as I find with so many modern cars these days, 'meh'...
  5. Scanned car... Errors everywhere!?

Certainly possible. It's sensors like that which can cause the problems. On an old Mk4 V5 Golf I had, the MAS (mass air sensor) was faulty, it through everything else out and my dashboard looked like a christmas tree! Hopefully a more advanced scanner should be able to tell you exactly what's...
  6. Scanned car... Errors everywhere!?

In my limited knowledge, I would suggest probably one sensor is faulty which often on modern cars, throws everything else out? Hopefully find the faulty sensor and all should be hunky-dory again. Good luck!
  7. High Milage Cupra Thread

I've just hit 656 miles and can happily report, no issues so far!
  8. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

The M140's are fantastic cars, no two ways about it. I am missing my M135i a little, it was a little bonkers and noticeably a different animal to my Cupra. However, I'm enjoying the Cupra, it does everything well and exactly what it says on the tin etc but it does feel quite sluggish and tame...
  9. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

Cheers guys!
  10. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

It's arrived! Nothing like that new car smell. I've only driven a few miles so far, lots of driving coming up over the next week. Very impressed so far, the speakers are better than expected I think, looking forward to getting to know it.
  11. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

yes my mate had that Audi S4 deal, bonkers value!
  12. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

Thanks guys, I'll let you know my thoughts. I am very excited I have to say. I've just sold my 2012 BMW M135i, it was starting to get expensive to run so I thought sod it, lease for me and it takes the worry out of a high performance car. Hi Chris, the guy has text me today saying he'll be...
  13. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

Cheers Hickery, I'll post some photo's up soon!
  14. Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

Afternoon everyone, Hope we're all well. I take delivery of a black Leaon Cupra Lux tomorrow, can't wait! It's my first lease car, thought I'd finally bite the bullet as it were. Brand new, Lux in black for £236 per month and £2200 down over 24 months and 8k pa mileage, thought this was a...