Search results

1. Cupra MK4 owners - thoughts and observations after living with the car for a while

Not having much luck are you? I'm a bit nervous about my impending Cupra Ateca and I should probably stop reading these forums until it arrives :).. The MK4 Cupra Leon 300 I owned for three months was a bit of a lemon, electrical faults, paintwork issues plus quite a few of the infotainment /...
  2. Any perfect Formentors out there?

I think some of it is down to expectation and whilst I'm sure there's some rolling without issue variations will occur. Personally I've never used ACC and have no interest in it, Carplay? I just use the Sat Nav and BT audio from my phone. Ye olde way of doing things but it works fine..
  3. Leon VZ1 2.0TSI 245

You'd be fine with a 3 series, I'm a bit taller and there's plenty of room but currently they're more expensive than a Formentor (on a lease). Anyway my recent buying decisions have primarily been swayed by lead times and cost more than the car itself, I had to run an old Toyota for seven months...
  4. Cupra Ateca order update

Mine's been built ahead of schedule so that's cool, what are we talking MPG wise or should I not ask?
  5. Cupra Ateca order update

Yeah I'm in the same boat, ordered one due to a "promised" May delivery only to be told a few days later it's on an "unconfirmed" build date of August. That means it could take another year.. I understand the state of affairs and it's only a car but I'm not fond of misinformation..
  6. Cupra Ateca order update

Yes, Golf R would have been about 18 months.. UKCarline had / has some stock Cupra Ateca VZ1's in for May (this year) delivery, the VZ2's I'm unsure about as the other day it said September but now they're saying June. I'm not sure if they mean June 2023 or not? Wouldn't be surprised.
  7. To switch or not to switch from delayed hybrid VZ2 to in stock V2

Well, personally I've never been all that bothered about a Formentor but I've had plenty of experience with the EA888. I owned a MK4 Cupra Leon 300, spent a few days with a Golf R (MK 8) and just ordered a Cupra Ateca 300 that I originally got as a loaner. It really depends on how you drive, for...
  8. To switch or not to switch from delayed hybrid VZ2 to in stock V2

The fuel cost will bankrupt you but do it, do it, do it.. They're a lot more fun.
  9. MK8 Golf R

Well I've finally managed to compare the Cupra Leon 300 Mk4 and Golf R. Due time as my Stinger GTS goes back today, it's going to be a while before a new car is built so I've bought a Toyota Corolla as an intermediary which made me contemplate cancelling the order entirely. After all that 1.8L...
  10. MK8 Golf R

Agreed and my opinion is allowed to be contrary to yours (even if I do concur on a few topics). Anyway the point is usually you can get any second hand car cheaper.. Not at the moment however, I've seen Golf R's going for 50K+ :ROFLMAO:.. Although even new I've seen well specc'd new cars far...
  11. Bucket list cars.

Yeah, I wanted a Camero but even the UK release was LHD so I skipped it.
  12. MK8 Golf R

Comparing a second hand M440i to a brand new Golf is completely apples / oranges. Nobody pay's list, second hand cars always lose a fair bit of money and you're comparing it to a new car. Mine was 35.8K OTR new, compared to a base spec M440i after discounts (updated to reflect cheaper deals)...
  13. MK8 Golf R

Thoughts, opinions, general musings? I've ordered a basic spec Golf R to replace a MK4 Leon 300, it was recommended to me that if I want it quicker stay away from surplus options. Although If it comes anywhere near VW's stated time it'll be a miracle.. I've test drove one and they are rapid...
  14. Forum member feedback, have your say.

I'll post a couple of threads in off topic and gauge interest. Cheers..
  15. Averaging 30mpg on 1.5 TSI DSG

Tell that to my Stinger, you'd be lucky to get 20(ish) MPG on a good day. On a long run it'll do 30 - 32 if you're being angelic with it, sorta defeats the purpose of the car however. Weirdly enough BMW 3.0L engines are great on fuel, I could get 35 - 40 without really trying although they're...
  16. Bridgstone vs Goodyear vs Michelin

Didn't know that but still, they weren't amazing.
  17. 1.8 TSI FR remap advice

Sort of, RON is the "research" octane number which denotes levels of resistance to premature burn. A higher RON generally (or ideally) requires greater compression and higher timing (plus a slurry of other factors to consider like chambers, coatings etc.) due to the slower flame speed (meaning...
  18. Bridgstone vs Goodyear vs Michelin

I had a set of Hankook's on my MK4 Cupra and whilst it handled very well they weren't half noisy. On some uneven surfaces they were relatively smooth but on others rather fidgety.. I did ask Cupra why these were fitted as standard to a 38K car?! I recon most of the options stated here would have...
  19. 1.8 TSI FR remap advice

As in a quicker TSI engine or tinkering? I've ordered a Golf R MK8 (320HP) and I'll probably test it on both 95 / 98. As for modding cars, I just enjoy tinkering as I'm sure many others do. Not sure what my next project will be though, looked at a MK3 Leon 290 but the prices at the moment have...
  20. 1.8 TSI FR remap advice

So not a lot of difference then and that could be influenced by atmospheric or circumstantial effects. I do understand it in part as I used to track cars, I've run E85 via a fuelflex with larger injectors etc. and I've remapped a few ECU's, upgraded turbo's and re-built engines.. Those certainly...