Search results

1. ESP Error. Won't start. Sometimes

Hi Sometimes, when turning key, I get ESP Error show up, and it won't start. I find if I get out lock/unlock and try again, sometimes twice, it will start. Wisdom on web says to replace car battery. However a proper battery load tester is reporting the battery to be in fine health. Any thoughts...
  2. AdBlue fun - countdown - Nox sensor - injector

I recognise the frustration. From what you have said, I'd agree this is the most likely reason for the fault. To be sure I would suggest finding someone near you with VCDS diagnostic software (post whereabouts you are based, many will do a full scan free or for under £20). Alternative there is...
  3. DSG 6 speed Mechatronic question

Hi I'm having some fun, symptoms are taking a while (and a few clunks) to move from Drive to Neutral, occasionally not selecting reverse (flashing spanner on display), and code 19143 "Unexpected / Implausible mechanical Gear Disengagement : P2711" logged. I'm intending removing mechatronic unit...
  4. NOx sensor Alhambra 2.0tdi 170bph 2013

Hi Yes. I had same issue, and short story is that I cleared the fault code too early. I had to drive it a while before it re-appeared. Do you have VCDS? If so, you can perform the test manually. Full story of my AdBlue fun is here...
  5. Adblue.

You should put in 10 litres minimum. Turn ignition on for 30 seconds, then start engine. I sincerely hope that is the end of the matter for you. Is message "Check AdBlue" or "Topup AdBlue" ? If it doesn't clear message after topping up, then post again, and I'll talk you through the fun I had.
  6. AdBlue fun - countdown - Nox sensor - injector

So, as promised, the happy ending. I replaced the Nox Sensor, took car for a drive to get it up to temperature (over 80 degrees Oil Temp), than used VCDS to run the SCR Efficiency Test which passed, and the countdown stopped. The basic golden rule is never clear emission related fault codes...
  7. 6'6 width restrictions

Hi. I've owned both and if anything I find the Alhambra is easier to guide through but certainly no worse than Picasso as it seems to be about the size it actually is when driving it, if that makes sense! I found the Picasso felt smaller than it was. Both fit through 6'6. You can even get a...
  8. AdBlue fun - countdown - Nox sensor - injector

Hi Having learned more than I ever wanted to know about the AdBlue system on my 2011 Alhambra I thought I'd start a thread collecting what I've learned over the last 2 years. Lot's of people complain with bewilderment when a message flashes up saying "Top Up Adblue", with a range of at least...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise