Search results

1. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

I had to reset the one click folding mirrors after the update. Didn't notice that any other Carista changes had been set back to default, needle sweep at start was still there though so it definitely doesn't wipe every change.
  2. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

Mines going on for the update tomorrow, assuming I'll need to reset the folding mirrors afterwards looking at the responses above, I don't use the acoustics for lock/unlock, the mirrors moving is good enough
  3. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

Sounds like they're sending them out/doing the work in batches rather than thousands of people calling on the same day to make an appointment.
  4. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

If by 3.5 you mean facelift then they're affected as I have a facelift car (67 plate Xcellence)
  5. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

I knew what it meant, but it only mentions a potential issue with the front LED turn signals, and I get that it's a safety issue, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of the number of cars involved. Looking at TheSwede's post it obviously affects quite a few VAG vehicles My last comment...
  6. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

Just had a letter through the door telling me to contact my dealer for an On-Board Supply Control Unit software update because there is a chance the the dashboard will not inform me if there is a problem with the front LED turn signals. Just wondering how many others have got this recall...
  7. Full Link constant disconnections

I've found that clearing the cache for the android auto app often helps when I'm having issues with it, once you've found a cable that works anyway. I reckon I have to clear the cache about once a month as I start getting frequent disconnects or even won't connect at all.
  8. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

That's the one, there's more detail in this thread somewhere but basically the process is as follows Download the file you want and unzip using 7zip Copy the contents of your current SD card as a backup Delete the maps directory on the SD card Copy the 'maps' folder from the downloaded unzipped...
  9. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Download the maps from the VW site, they have some more sensible options.
  10. Leon Cupra ST - 3 child seats?

If you don't mind spending £1500 on top of buying the car there's always this... https://multimac.co.uk/p/superclub_3_seater_1200 We decided on a people carrier for SWMBO instead of a car and this
  11. Need a job

Fairly sure that Skoda had the same engine as SEAT in 2014 then. I would hope that a combined dealer would have the same price for both cars unless there's something about the Leon that makes the job 4 or 5 hours more difficult than the Skoda.... I can't see that being the case though seeing as...
  12. Need a job

Parts will be the same, they'll all be stamped VW :) Having said that, I don't think the 1.4 in the Skoda is exactly the same engine, certainly the Octavia didn't get the on demand cylinder tech until the 1.5 came out... Not sure about any other models though. VW definitely has the on demand...
  13. Need a job

If you can't find a good indy I'd just take it to the Skoda dealer for the work... Sure someone could recommend a decent independent for you though
  14. Front assist unavailable

The car is only 16 months old, as far as I'm concerned this is a warranty job. I am not paying for re-alignment when I've not crashed into anything. I could understand them charging me if I'd belted the rear of another car or something but not because someone has created some sort of shoddy...
  15. Front assist unavailable

Has anyone had this message? Was driving last night and this appeared on the dash as I pulled off the motorway. Switched front assist off and on again but message was still there. Cleaned the radar sensor when I got to my destination but when switching the car back on to head home still had the...
  16. Blue Peter Birthday - Anybody got a Blue Peter Badge

Never went to Blue Peter but was a contestant on Crackerjack. No longer have the pen though, it disappeared one day along with a crap load of other stuff from the house when I was burgled...
  17. What do you all do for a job

My primary responsibility is the backups in the two "new" data centres which are slowly being filled with kit/replacement servers from 3 old ones. However, I also help out with the backups in the states so that's another 22 data centres so being woken up at 3am, when on call, and being told...
  18. What do you all do for a job

If it's any consolation I still have that occasionally... Our security policy states that a permanent member of staff has to accompany third party support personnel on site and as we have unmanned data centres if a disk fails in one of our backup appliances and no one else is doing any work in...
  19. What do you all do for a job

I've worked in IT for over 20 years now, starting out as first level support for a local council, and currently senior backup administrator and architect for a multi-national fintech organisation via consultancy roles in between. Still miss the consultancy roles after changing to a senior...
  20. cambelt change intervals

From memory the EA111 engine (the 8v 1.2TSi) is chain driven, the newer 16v ones (EA211) are belt driven. Think that works out as the 85 and 105PS engines are chain, the 90 and 110PS engines are belts.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members