Search results

1. Ibiza 17" genuine alloy wheels with good tyres

17" Ibiza 5x100 alloys for sale. Full powder coat refurb in dark grey metallic a couple of years ago. Only used as my spare set so unmarked. 4 matching Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres with 7mm of tread left. All with no damage. Only selling has car has sold. PM or 07557 1611fourfive. £395 ono...
  2. My 64 plate ibiza FR big clean

I'm sad to say I've just put a for sale ad: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/2014-64-ibiza-1-4-tsi-act-fr-edition-for-sale.465433/
  3. Climate Control default temp

Mine didn't but it does now, so surely there is a way to stop it? Auto isn't switched on.
  4. Climate Control default temp

Bump for this my 2014 fr has just started doing the same. Anyone solved it?
  5. 1.4 tsi act fr coilpack removal

My 64 plate is booked in for a 40k service and my usual mechanic is nervous about doing the plugs as he says the coilpack shrouds have a habit of breaking when removing. Is this a genuine concern? Is there a special tool or something?
  6. Water pump change with cam belt?

nice one, thanks. It agrees with what I've heard from somewhere else. Been quoted £350 for full cambelt change with genuine bits, so quite happy with that.
  7. Water pump change with cam belt?

My 64 plate 1.4 FR is coming up to 5 years old so obviously time for a belt change. On previous cars I'd always changed the water pump at the same time as it was never much more to do both. The dealer has advised that this water pump isn't belt driven on this engine and they are more expensive...
  8. Changing standard set of Seat Alloys for another set of Seat Alloys-please read

they will fit. If you are worried, try one off your wife's car? Or just do a complete swap of yours and hers. she probably won't notice.
  9. Wheel alignment recommendation

Try Neil at Bentley Auto's on Doncaster Road. He's been doing my lowered cars for more than 20 years. His ramp goes into the floor so its a straight drive on. If you are stupid low or wheels too wide he might struggle to get the gear hung on your wheels but my old arosa was down quite low...
  10. Stupid tyre question

Yes, both 5x100. My FR is 215/40/17, the spare is 185/60/15. Part number from the listing is 6C0601027.
  11. Stupid tyre question

I found that by searching for polo spare wheels on ebay returned more hits. I think I got an unused one with all the jack etc for about £45.
  12. How to know when wax has faded

Replace your shampoo with washing up liquid and it will definitely get rid of any wax. It won't hurt for a one-off.
  13. How to know when wax has faded

Between the clay and triple, I can't see there being any old wax left.
  14. Quoted MPG - how accurate is it?

I reckon I've now topped out and can't get any more unless I was to do a long non-stop run. I got an indicated 61.3 and an actual of 56mpg. 8 miles short of 600 miles, but I did manage to get more than 45 litres in, so that's cheating. That was standard unleaded. I might again try one of the...
  15. Quoted MPG - how accurate is it?

Indicated 58.3mpg, actual 53.8 back on standard unleaded. My aim is to get 600miles out of a tank.
  16. Quoted MPG - how accurate is it?

It was the esso, so granted not the best of the 3.
  17. Quoted MPG - how accurate is it?

Nah don't think I am. It is a much nicer place to be than the arosa. I've got it nice and clean and enjoy driving it. Only trouble is I have to be careful were I park again. The best thing about the arosa was not worrying where I left it!
  18. My 64 plate ibiza FR big clean

Oh and the plastics dressed with autoglym bumper care and tyres with meguiars.
  19. My 64 plate ibiza FR big clean

The polisher is a porter cable random orbital. But that is only really because I bought it before home detailing really took off and I had to import it from the US. Lots of others available and they all use the same pads. I don't trust myself with a rotary, plus I don't do it often enough to...
  20. My 64 plate ibiza FR big clean

:1st: If I had £1 for everytime I'd thought about jacking work in and going full time I wouldn't need to do it! But thanks anyway
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.