Search results

1. James St Patrick

Rear opening windows

Has anyone done a step by step guide to retrofit the rear opening windows in a 6L that doesn't have opening rear windows? I have both rear windows and also all brackets blah blah. My Cupra 6L doesn't have rear opening windows so would be ace if I could get them fitted....
  2. James St Patrick

Alloys

So guys, I'm looking for alloys that'll fit a Ibiza 6L Cupra, they have to clear the AP Racing 4 pot brakes (seriously regret buying this car because of these) I know 16s won't clear them, I'm looking for 17 inch alloys, I wanna know the ET, PCD and the width of the alloys I'll need to buy to...
  3. James St Patrick

Tire sizes

Hey guys, I currently own a PD160 6L Cupra Ibiza and was just wondering, would 235/45/17 tires on stock alloys rub on the front? I'm only asking as I got the tires for free (Toyo T1-Rs) and the tires on the front are okay (they're going on the back) and the ones on the back are totally dead...
  4. James St Patrick

Changing thread name

Anyone know how to change a thread name?
  5. James St Patrick

Brand new clutch

Okay guys, so brand new SMF, clutch and even the CSC, pressure bled the clutch, everything went as it should, perfectly fine, car drive for all of .5 mile and then back to it not going in gear, no matter what gear it was, it just wouldn't go in, any ideas? It's a PD160 Ibiza MK4. Also known as...
  6. James St Patrick

The new Leon Cupra 5DR

So I was looking at getting a brand new Seat Leon Cupra (pending what finance people say) looked on Seats website, nice car looks good. Went to the engine configure thing and what do I see...... you can only have a DSG...... Well I'm sorry, count me out. I hate Autos, hate DSG, hate anything but...
  7. James St Patrick

Let's talk modifications

I currently own a 2004 Ibiza Cupra PD160. Mod List So Far: Vogtland lowering springs (30mm) Map/Tune (203WHP and 308FT/LB) AP Racing 4 pot brakes (Yellow Stuff pads) Wind Deflectors Black Series Poly Bushes from Power Flex That's all the car currently has at the moment (I know the brakes are...
  8. James St Patrick

Clutch problems

Okay guys, you can laugh at me, i don't mind. Changed the clutch (brand new pressure plate, friction plate and slave cylinder) Bled it all, 0 air in the system. Put car back together, started the car, bled it again just to make sure, all fluid, straight up liquor boys. The good stuff. Problem...
  9. James St Patrick

Aftermarket Stereo

Hi guys, so went to fit an aftermarket JVC stereo to a 2004 Ibiza Cupra PD160, got old stereo out perfectly fine, went to put new stereo in and it tripped off the interior lights and all dashboard lights, unplugged it, few minutes later they all came back on, but nothing worked in the car...
  10. James St Patrick

Mk4 on 18s

Anyone got a photo of one of these on 18s? Thinking of getting a set for Beefa as I've got some 120 compound NS2-R tires for it, 215/40/18. Only asking as had the tires gave me for free and the tires on the car need replacing, just not sure if I can run 18s on the car or not. (I don't mind...
  11. James St Patrick

Ibiza Halo ring size

As per title, does anyone know the size of the rings around the headlights on a 2004 Ibiza Cupra? It's the twin headlight style ones, I'm asking as gonna be buying some more headlights to fit some halo rings to the car (in red) they will be on a switch linked to the battery of the car (show use...
  12. James St Patrick

Rear Anti Roll Bar

Does anyone know if I can use the Rear Anti Roll Bar off my A3 8L 1.9TDi Quattro? The A3 is only a breaker (total engine loss, smashed rear window, dented body panels) so if I can use anything from that on a MK4 Ibiza Cupra PD160, please let me know as ALL of the stuff under that 279k mile turd...
  13. James St Patrick

BPX engine

Does anyone know where I can get a BPX engine from? Doesn't need anything on it, just want one to rebuild back to or as close to a 0 mile spec as I can, but with upgraded cam, pistons, rings, rods, valves, crank and might even do a port and polish on it as the plan is to rebuild an engine ready...
  14. James St Patrick

Suspentiom top mounts

Anyone know where I can buy new top mounts as changing springs on the Cupra PD160, was asking as these are worn and wanted to buy new as it saves a job if these start falling apart. I have 2 front ones off a MK4 Golf if they're the same? Not to sure, if not anyone know where I can get some from...
  15. James St Patrick

Which clutch is in my Cupra?

Hey guys, ordering a clutch for my Cupra PD160 BPX, I've heard the flywheels are different as there are 2 different clutches for these, it's a 6 speed manual 2004 Cupra PD160 Ibiza, I'm only asking because the clutch on this is well slipping like death so wanna swap it out. I'm either going...
  16. James St Patrick

Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

So I picked up this Cupra TDi on the 21/12/2018 for just a little wedge of £500, it needed work because the radiator has popped, it had been sat under a tree (Proven fact, tree sap protects paint) for a year, if not a little longer, the previous owner I think gave up with the car, I'm not too...
  17. James St Patrick

Steering issue

Hey guys, was just asking, what could cause the steering to be none existent on first turn in? Going down a straight road, then coming to a turn, turn in and steering feels like it ain't working then it kicks in after a second and all is good, if you're taking it easy with the car it's perfectly...
  18. James St Patrick

Lowering springs

Hey guys, I have a Cupra R PD160 and I was wondering what lowering springs are available for these? If they're for a normal Ibiza and they're 35mm one it will only lower this by what? 10 to 15mm tops as these are 20mm lower from factory I think aint they? If not please correct me if I'm wrong. I...
  19. James St Patrick

New Cupra R owner

Hey peeps, new here and new to Seats (but not VAG range cars) I own a 2004 Ibiza Cupra R PD160 which is currently stock just mapped (not sure if power but it was quick enough, for a day) I'm currently looking for a few things for the car (hard aftermarket market for these for some reason) I'm...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.