Search results

1. Coopercupra

Failed MOT on emissions

My cupra failed its MOT on too high CO on Idle (all other values were good). Not sure what it can be, maybe the newly fitted sports CAT wasn't heated up, maybe a small leak in the exhaust, maybe a vacuum leak from the blow off valve and hosing, or maybe I need a o2 spacer. Any ideas?
  2. Coopercupra

Experiences Stage 2 (REVO)

I am looking at sorting to a REVO stage to ECU flash for my cupra. I have an intercooler already and will also for a liger diameter downpipe with sports CAT. Any first hand experiences? Is it worth the cost? What are the real world performance improvements. Any help appreciated
  3. Coopercupra

Downpipe/sports cat / decat cupra 6j

As above cash waiting for a good condition downpipe with sports cat wanted. Would also consider a decat downpipe Thanks
  4. Coopercupra

Will a 196/55/16 tyre fit

Hi everyone, Looking for a set of winter tyres. I have a set of 16x7 wheels, 196/50/16 fits but not a huge range of tyres in that size. Would a 195/55/16 tyre fit under the arch without rubbing? Thanks
  5. Coopercupra

Engine rebuild - Misfire on idle Cylinder 2

Hi Guys, Recently have had a fresh engine rebuild in my twin charged cupra. Back story is a major engine failure so A fresh rebuilt engine was fitted. The car continues to misfire on cylinder 2 but only at idle. Compression is high and even across all cylinders, as expected form a fresh...
  6. Coopercupra

1.4TSI Cupra downpipe and sports CAT - recommendations

Hi guys, Currently running a Cat back millet system and looking at adding a downpipe. Lots of options on the market it seems. Couple of questions: Which downpipes have you used? - any comments? Is it actually a worthwhile mod? I know you need a "stage 2" tune, is there really much...
  7. Coopercupra

Ibiza Cubra 1.4tsi downpipe and sports CAT

Looking for a downpipe and sports CAT for my Ibiza Cupra.
  8. Coopercupra

Retrieving cleared codes - warranty issue

Hi guys, I have a Ibiza Cupra 6j 1.4 twin charged car. I bought it 4 months ago. 2 weeks ago the car broke down with a suspected faulty cam chain. The dealer I bought it form took the car away to diagnose the issue. I visited the car today and one issue is that their is no compression at all...
  9. Coopercupra

Major Engine Fault

What a nightmare, engine felt really laboured (i.e would not accelerate) then i heard a rattle from the front of the engine around the exhaust/Turbo. Then the engine cut out, wouldnt start and I had to be towed home. My first thought was a turbo issue, but the impeller seems fine. What on...
  10. Coopercupra

R8 could pack questions

I am looking at replacing my coil packs to the red R8 (NGK R8 U5014) Some questions - Do they really help with misfiring? Do I really need an adapter to fit them? Thanks
  11. Coopercupra

Koni Damper Question

His guys, Is this how a fitted damper should look? Also the adjuster tab is broken, I wonder if they can still be adjusted somehow.
  12. Coopercupra

Some engine bay queries - 1.4 twincharged

His guys, Looking around my engine pay tonight, some questions: What the hell is this? I noticed a small corner of plastic, and pulled it out. At first thought it was a previous owners cannabis stash :) has a part number which comes back as a "damper" Should the cooling reservoir have a...
  13. Coopercupra

Alarm driving me crazy

Hopefully someone can help before I loose my mind :drool: When I arm my alarm, the LED on the door pin flashes for a bit but then stays solid. I guess indicates there is an issue. When I unlock the car using the fob after the car has been sitting overnight, the alarm sounds or I manage to get...
  14. Coopercupra

312mm Brake upgrade advice

Hi everyone, I have searched and read her and on the skoda forums about the 312mm brake upgrade for my 2010 Cupra. Does anyone know the part numbers of the callipers and the carriers needed for this upgrade? Can I use my current carriers? Thanks
  15. Coopercupra

6J Ibiza Cupra tidy up

Hi everyone, Last week I just bought a 6J ibiza Cupra! I drive a mini cooper with a K1100 BMW Cylinder head. That is just for fun and sunny days. My old "daily is an Audi a4 quattro 20.TFSI tuned to about 280 bhp That was way too thirsty for me to drive everyday to work. So I was...
  16. Coopercupra

Greetings from Sweden

Hi everyone, My first post here, though I have been reading insanely the last week. I just bought a 6J ibiza Cupra! I drive a mini cooper with a K1100 BMW Cylinder head. That is just for fune and sunny days. My old "daily is an Audi a4 quattro 20.TFSI tuned to about 280 bhp That...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.