Search results

1. ALTEA4

Back in a Freetrack

My car is now at the local trusted garage having a full service and some parts replaced as the freetrack will be my daily and needs to be 100%. Tyres are almost new maxxi all season which get ok reviews but not crossclimate+ I had before. . As the 225/50/17 tyres attract a premium I’m looking...
  2. ALTEA4

Back in a Freetrack

After months of searching I’ve purchased another freetrack, finally a dealer that didn’t piss me around. This time it’s a diesel but for work that’ll be fine. No extras on this one so halogen lights , non heated seats and the mp3 playing stereo. Comes with SEAT history but I’ll be booking it...
  3. ALTEA4

Bike Rack or Towbar?

Similar discussion on the Leon cupra st forum. I’m sure if you find a reputable busy towbar fitters they’ll have the knowhow. Low volume places will use the “ witter, brink etc says no “ Not all cars have the type approval for towing but as a bike rack only purpose fitting a towbar is fine.
  4. ALTEA4

Leon Cupra ST towbar

I have a witter detatchable, look through this thread and you’ll see it on my post. Mine is only ever going to be used for my bike rack , no intention to tow anything. . I have a Thule euro and have driven with it on for 1000’s miles with my ebike and hybrid attached. . I’m currently...
  5. ALTEA4

Leon Cupra ST towbar

If you have the ST it must be possible as we’ve had them fitted. Witter have a choice that fits. As shown you can have a fixed or detatchable.
  6. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

www.combellack.co.uk took it away
  7. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

So pretty pissed off with the ombudsman’s findings but absolutely nothing more I can do. After nearly 5 months of twoing and froing with the most unhelpful Tesco Underwriters I’ve come out with £2550. This is above cap values of any freetrack tfsi or diesel that are showing sold in any book...
  8. ALTEA4

Windscreen washer fluid low warning

No warning on my st either. Ridiculous penny pinching omission.
  9. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

Rear bumper had a cut out where the towbar was fitted. If you kept the silver insert from yours you could replace this part. All the parts on the car will be salvageable except for the doors on the drivers side. The diff didn’t whine , it was too good a car to sell on so I kept and used it...
  10. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

It’s f***ed. It would need jigging. You can’t see in the pictures that the chassis and body are twisted. Front wheels both point outwards. I could hardly get it to move so more is broken underneath. It’ll be a parts car. I had a brand new turbo fitted 15k miles ago so the engine would be a good...
  11. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

It went to a savage valuer in Cornwall. I’m still arguing with Tesco underwriters over its value. Gone ombudsman route now. Tesco started at 2200 then 2433. After asking for any upgrades which were nav,xenons,cornering lights I got a final offer of 2475. There’s 2 on the bay, 2995 and 3495...
  12. ALTEA4

Central locking strangeness

I had the sticking doorlock problem but thanks to a post on here I followed the youtube 'how to' of drill and spray into the mechanism .The 3 I did were working fine, however, use silicon spray and not wd40 as the youtuber.
  13. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

Hi Yes the lorry stopped and company details exchanged. Haulage company are being less than helpful but insurance co. have said they will deal with that side of things. Sent in photos today of the scrapes and tyre marks along the road , also a video of the dual carriageway as I retraced my...
  14. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

I’m ok thanks, just some shoulder and arm ache now. Went and emptied the car of what I thought would be a few things. God there’s some cubby holes in these...my crap filled 2 black bin bags. I had only filled it up the night before so my mate syphoned out most of the fuel for use in his...
  15. ALTEA4

RiP TFSi

Early morning drive to work then bang - crash and a 90 degree spin into the front of the lorry that had just whacked me from the right. Quite hairy, looking at the front bumper of a lorry as you are being pushed along the road side on. I'll probably find out tomorrow morning if I'm damaged in...
  16. ALTEA4

Roof box - need suggestions.

I've used the box on both my golf and freetrack , boot opens easily. Overhang at the front is about 6 inches when i've fitted but there are sliders in the box so you can adjust back and forward probably 20cm. I just set mine at the further point going backwards as in my head it has no further...
  17. ALTEA4

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Am I the only one that doesn't like the copper badging. I pre-ordered some 3m and covered them asap.
  18. ALTEA4

Leon Cupra ST towbar

Good to see there is a choice of towbars available for the cupra. I've also left mine on since having it fitted, sensors are not picking it up. I played with settings in the management screen and have cancelled the auto stop feature. I can't remember how but it is possible.
  19. ALTEA4

Anyone else on an Ebike

1500 miles since purchasing. 5 weeks off for a broken metatarsal so not bad going. Regularly out on it for 25-30 mile rides plus any local shopping where I can lock it in sight , it's getting expensive though ....just purchased my winter clothes and accessories. After a few driver issues I've...
  20. ALTEA4

Leon Cupra ST towbar

Correct. Stockport had the best deal on an 300 ST I could find. Was going to pcp but a lease deal they offered worked out a better proposition over 3 years as no £££ upfront , lower payments over the same term and I’m not paying interest on the balloon. I’m guessing it was a cancelled order as...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise