Search results

1. Aero kit for facelift Cupra

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll have a look on eBay to see if there are any gti exhaust systems going. Cheers Damo - helpful as always.
  2. Aero kit for facelift Cupra

Hadn't thought about the exhaust position. I guess that takes it from a £400-500 job to considerably more expensive. Shame, since I really like the look of the bumper, but don't want to spend a fortune on it since it's a lease and will be going back in a few years, so would have to spend more...
  3. Aero kit for facelift Cupra

Has anyone installed the aero bumper / exhaust tips on their facelift Cupra? I always see FRs with the aero kit on Instagram, and the back end looks way better than the standard cupra read end. The bumper is available on Horton Seat, but allegedly not compatible with the Cupra. Not sure how...
  4. 2019 Leon fr tsi 190

Before my Cupra I had the 184 FR with a tuning box, so should be similar to a remap. I can confirm that it pulled like crazy - the extra torque really pushed you back in the seat.
  5. Wireless Charging phone size

I ordered that same one and stopped using it after a week. It doesn't carry enough power to charge the phone while using it for Android auto - it will only power the phone. I used it on a 3 hour drive and it kept my phone at 50% the entire way.
  6. Wireless Charging phone size

I use a Samsung Note 9 which lays over the lip of the charger and it charges with no issues.
  7. Lux bucket seat creaking

Pay extra for the lux and get the added benefit of creaky seats. Let me know how you get on if you decide to remove the backs.
  8. Cupra 300 DSG Advise please

Given your concerns regarding the quality of the interior I think you made the right decision. While the new Cupras are nicer inside, they still cut corners to keep costs down (no felt lined door pockets as an example... My bottom spec Mk7 golf had this.) An S4/S5 would be a huge step up in...
  9. Lux bucket seat creaking

I have the same issue - it's driving me nuts. I'm just hoping the seat will eventually bed in over time and stop. It started at around 400 miles, and seems to be happening slightly less now just shy of 1k miles, so I'm hopeful it'll go away altogether eventually.
  10. Cupra 300 DSG Advise please

I think if you sat inside the 300 you'd like it more. From the old 290 to the 300 / new 290 there was a jump in quality. Still not amazing, but definitely better. I prefer the interior of mine to a golf gti / gtd for example, whereas I'd choose a gti over an older cupra for interior quality...
  11. Cupra 300 DSG Advise please

That's a 2016 so doesn't have the GPF, not sure about other silencers though. I think that would be louder than a new 290. Quality wise, I think the 300 in your original post would be nicer to be in for sure, but not on the same level as an A3. My 290 lux has alcantara seats / door panels...
  12. Cupra 300 DSG Advise please

Good luck with your choice mate. I originally wanted a mystery blue 290 but glad I stuck with white. I'm usually not a fan of red cars but the desire red cupra looks lovely. Honestly whichever one you get I'm sure you'll love.
  13. Cupra 300 DSG Advise please

Just to chime in re: how the car sounds I have a Facelift 290 with GPF, and although the DSG farts aren't as loud as previous models, you can still definitely hear them. I'm still under 1k miles and if I'm driving the car hard the pops and bangs are definitely noticeable. Unless you want that...
  14. JB1 tuning box on 2020 OPF Cupra

Yeah I'd rather have a car that's slower to overtake than one that might cut power half way through! I had it on map 3+3 to start with which is supposed to be the most aggressive in terms of power delivery, I tried map 2+1 and 1+1 after that and had the same limp mode issue. I read online that...
  15. JB1 tuning box on 2020 OPF Cupra

Multiple instances of the car going into limp mode in normal driving. It was absolutely fine for the first 6 months, then started acting up. I played with the map settings but the third time it happened I got rid of it. The performance gains weren't worth the safety concerns. The car pulled...
  16. Door and cup holder rubber linings?

My 2018 FR didn't have them, though my 2020 Cupra does. Not sure if it's a spec thing or if they were recently added.
  17. JB1 tuning box on 2020 OPF Cupra

Thanks mate, appreciate it
  18. JB1 tuning box on 2020 OPF Cupra

Awesome, thanks for the info! Depending how I get on with the JB1 I may upgrade to the JB4. I had a bad experience with a dtuk box on my 2.0 184 diesel, so didn't want to drop £400+ on the JB4 just yet. I'm sure I won't have any of the same issues, but £250 for the JB1 was hard to pass up
  19. JB1 tuning box on 2020 OPF Cupra

Recently purchased a JB1 box for use with my 2020 OPF equipped cupra. Does anyone here have a JB1 box fitted to their OPF car? I can't find anything regarding compatibility with these newer cars. Don't want to fit it if it's going to have compatibility issues and potentially damage the engine...
  20. Cracked windscreen

I feel your pain mate. Had my brand new Cupra for less than 3 days when I got a chip in the windscreen - it was about 4mm across, but because it was in the driver's direct line of sight it was deemed not reparable. Attempted it myself as I had nothing to lose, but the crack splintered. Been...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.