Search results

1. Leon 2010 Ecomotive 1.5 Windscreen

Always had windscreen cover on insurance but possibly not worth it any more. Any ideas how much a replacement would be if the worst happens? thanks
  2. New battery - start/stop

Rusty that makes sense, and I've never got on with start/stop on a manual car anyway so tempted to just disable it on each journey.
  3. New battery - start/stop

Thanks, I asked a local mechanic and it doesn't need coding. Not gonna get one for less than £120 though o_O
  4. New battery - start/stop

And to follow up my own post...various websites are saying that as it's stop/start I will need to get it programmed by a mechanic. Has it really come to this - a DIYer can't even change a car battery without needing a professional?
  5. New battery - start/stop

So looks like I need a new battery for my 2010 ecomotive 1.5D start/stop. To be honest the start-stop hardly ever cuts in, certainly not in winter, and I don't really use it or like it. There's a hefty price difference between a decent normal battery and one that is heavy duty enough for...
  6. Alternator lamp on - Leon 2010

Hi all, 2010 Leon Ecomotive 1.5 td Alternator/battery light came on today. Will probably take to an auto electrician to diagnose, but just asking here first in case it's a common problem or anyone else has had this recently? Car only does shortish journeys with a long one every now and again to...
  7. Leon Leak

Was it easy to take off? Did you follow some instructions? I want to do this too. FYI taking the liner off is a 1 min unclip job, just squeeze the clips inwards
  8. Leon Leak

Spent a while under the bonnet this weekend. Took the wet liner off and it was wet (actually frozen!) behind on the metal so I also have this problem. At this stage I don't know if I've got the "well known" drainage problem under the bonnet that makes the engine bay wet AND a leak into the cabin...
  9. Leon Leak

The answer is - blowing in the wind. Or not as the case may be! Is this a DIY job? Oh and my under bonnet insulation is wet and mouldy so definitely need to do something about water ingress through the scuttle
  10. Mk 2 Leon, How to Seal the Bonnet Strip

Hi all, I'm really unmechanical and this thread looks really useful, but all the pictures and links are so old they don't work. Does anyone know of any other instructions for this with pics for a dummy?
  11. Leon Leak

That's interesting - tell me more!
  12. Leon Leak

Hi all, 2010 Leon 1.6 Ecomotive 5dr. The car is damp inside despite using moisture absorbing boxes. The windscreen is absolutely soaking and when it's icy outside it's also thick ice on the inside. So water must be getting in somewhere, but I can't see where. If I wash it, I don't see any...
  13. Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

OK so far I have tried the dehumidifier bags (with penguin that changes colour) and more lately the white crystals that absorb moisture. They have helped a bit. I have also checked the drain holes which are clear. Never had anything like the amount of inside icing on any other car including a...
  14. Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

So this morning was pretty icy. My Leon 1.5 ecomotive 2010 had a decent layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen. It doesn't seem to leak around the door seals when it's raining and the carpet doesn't seem damp, but obviously moisture is getting in from somewhere. Is this a known problem...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.