Search results

1. perelaar

tailgate struts issue?

Since a while we've noticed the tailgate on our Cupra Ateca (manual, not electric) opens very slowly and often gets stuck halfway. Car is checked in to the dealer early January, so I'll definitively mention it there. But anyone here with the same issue? Or with a DYI remedy - don't have good...
  2. perelaar

surprising increase in fuel use when towing

Last weekend we used the (optional extra) foldaway towhook on the Cupra Ateca. Mrs perelaar insisted on visiting Ikea for new cupboards, so trailer rented, and off we went. Single axle trailer, about 2,5m long. Tip: don't go to Ikea on Saturday afternoon. On the way there with an empty trailer...
  3. perelaar

winter tyres for Cupra Ateca?

Does anyone have any recommendations on winter tyres for the Cupra Ateca? It is our daily driver, and with conditions on Belgian roads what they are in winter, I want the best I can get. Note we are reusing the rims, so no separate wheel set for winter. Aquaplaning is a regular occurrence, and...
  4. perelaar

Experience after first long drive, highway and Dolomites

We went on holiday the past week, in total we did 2500 km (1500 miles) from Belgium through Germany and Austria to the Dolomite mountains in Italy. Destination: Hotel Cristal. For whoever wants to visit: excellent service, excellent food, excellent wine collection at very reasonable prices...
  5. perelaar

RON 95 or 98 for Cupra Ateca?

As the dealer can't give any definitive answer I'm turning to the experts :). Recently got our Cupra Ateca, for now filling it up with RON95 petrol. Is there any (tangible) benefit of using 98? Any brands to prefer / avoid? For info: the Cupra Ateca is our daily driver, quite some traffic jam...
  6. perelaar

New member from Belgium

Hi all, I just signed up, as a new member from Belgium. Currently driving a Seat Leon ST FR, 2.0 TDI manual. And for city and offroad use a Fiat Panda Cross twinair. Ordered an Cupra Ateca last week, hoping for delivery somewhere in May :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members