Search results

1. Rif

Mk3 Leon FR 1.4 tsi technology pack

I'm selling our Leon FR which we have owned for 4 years. I am the second owner and the car has just reached 60k. We have had no issues at all in 4 years and the car has been used mainly by my wife. We have 3 children so need something larger ideally. I have added a TRC front splitter and a...
  2. Rif

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hi mate, the spoiler was a 70 pound ebay job from Poland. Gel coated fibre glass which was ok. Yes I painted it myself but I have some experience in automotive painting (although I used cans). The fibre glass spoilers from Poland offered on ebay are ok, the fit was good however if I was to do...
  3. Rif

Rear bumper looks great. Do you mind me asking how much the rear plastic diffuser unit cost? I’m assuming it’s from Seat themselves and fits onto the existing bumper?
  4. Rif

Cheers! Yes I was very tempted to go black with it but swerved at the last minute and played it safe. I thought it might look a bit too aftermarket if I painted it black?
  5. Rif

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Had my first go at detailing on the weekend. Machibe polish and wax (inc wheels)...
  6. Rif

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

I get between 430 and 480 miles. 1.4 tsi 150bhp
  7. Rif

Painted and fitted spoiler yesterday. Gave the car a detail aswell
  8. Rif

Brake PR numbers

Its a 150bhp and thank you that document was brilliant. Looks like they're pretty much all 288mm apart from the Cupra.
  9. Rif

Brake PR numbers

Cheers I was leaning towards the 288mm but would rather be sure before buying. Don't want to have to remove them to measure then re-fit to drive to the shop...
  10. Rif

Brake PR numbers

I have a Leon FR mk3 1.4 TSI and the sticker in my boot with the PR numbers does not have one for the brakes. I have 3 options for the brake disc dia but crudely trying to measure (without removing the disc) its either 288 or 312 option. Anyone know where I can get the definitive PR numbers...
  11. Rif

Tyre Pressures

Sorry to revive an old thread. Could I request one of the guys who have a 1.4 tsi with 18s to take a photo of their tyre label in the fuel cap for me please (My car was build with the 17s but I acquired the 18s hence my label is incorrect)
  12. Rif

All 4 shocks failed at 40k...

So the dealer approved the warranty but has negotiated just changing the fronts (to mitigate cost to them I guess) I can't be bothered to argue to I just accepted. the rears are not difficult to change so will do them myself at some point. I'm aware hydraulic seals are lubricated by the fluid...
  13. Rif

Mk3 Leon MPG - 2.0L / 1.4TSI

Exactly same as me. I get between 430 and 450 miles per tank if i'm lucky. My daily 70 mile round trip is mostly motorway. It works out to 40-42 mpg. If i'm honest even if the diesel gave me over 50 mpg I would still pick the 1.4 tsi. Had plenty of diesels and the petrol is a nice balance...
  14. Rif

Are these weeping shocks a feature of the design or does it constitute a premature failure? It was advised as list misting (the only option you get when advising on the MOT) but now I feel as though they have got well passed the stage of "misting". The dealer (with whom I still have 2 months...
  15. Rif

Flash red touch up on Emocion red

Good job! My pen with thin brush thing has arrived so I'll have a go at the weekend if I get a chance and post results.
  16. Rif

Thanks for your reply mate. I share your concern that its way too early to be wear and tear, especially as I do mainly motorway as well. I wonder if Seat has dealt with a lot of these? The problem for me is that I'm 6 months out of warranty and I bought the car used approved from a Peugeot...
  17. Rif

LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

Fair point. The ebay link is a good one will be ordering from there (u.k. stock aswell). Noticed that the Nighteye ones are also on the bay exact same spec but the locating tabs are metal are opposed to the plastic of Novsight so will be harder to trim for H8 fitment if required
  18. Rif

On it's first MOT my FR 150 was advised for a 4 shocks slight misting of oil. A few months later all 4 are properly leaking from the seals. This seems premature even for wear and tear. Car is 6 months out of warranty. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar with damper life...
  19. Rif

LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

Cheers would appreciate it Main priority is to get consistency of colour with LED headlights but i guess anything is an improvement over the current bulbs
  20. Rif

Installing Fan washers

Ye it’s easy to look at something for too long and convince yourself something ain’t right :rolleyes:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.