Search results

1. Laurbach

Dashboard disassembly

This is great, thanks a lot ?
  2. Laurbach

Dashboard disassembly

I have had them out and had the panel on the side of the dash out as well. But it's very cramped in there and I can't fit my fingers very well to feel for loose bits. If I can't find another way in I'll have to try going through the vents again and try to stuff as much foam in as possible.
  3. Laurbach

Dashboard disassembly

I've already sorted the rattle from the instrument binnacle and have a very hard rolled cloth under it. This is a different sound, a bit louder and it stops with just a little weight put on top of the dash right over the vent. Pushing over the instrument binnacle doesn't effect it. I get it from...
  4. Laurbach

Dashboard disassembly

It's underneath the top of the dash or the top dash itself. It's worst from the side vents but also from the top centre part of the dash. It's constant on most road surfaces but if I press down on the dash it stops. I've had my Seat dealership try to fix it but it only works for a few days...
  5. Laurbach

Dashboard disassembly

Does anyone know of any videos or pictures about disassembling the dashboard on a Leon mk3.5? I'd like to get behind the air vents and the cockpit if possible. There's a few rattles that is getting worse I'd like to try and fix Thanks
  6. Laurbach

SEAT have ruined the LEON

What have they done to the mirrors :cry:
  7. Laurbach

Does the Cupra dash rattle? (soundaktor)

My 19 plate Cupra rattles like crazy, with or without sound actor on.
  8. Laurbach

Dash rattle

The centre armrest was the only thing Seat fixed. They ordered a new one and fitted when I came in the second time for the dash rattle. They also replaced a rear light because it had a massive Spanish fly in it :yes:
  9. Laurbach

Dash rattle

I already did all 4 doors and the boot when I fitted sound deadening. The center armrest I got sorted too, now I need to fix something loose under the dash behind the air vents in each side. Sounds like a pipe/tube is loose and it's there all the time..
  10. Laurbach

Dash rattle

Our 15 plate Leon had lots of rattles and was back to Seat 10 times total to get it fixed. They only made it worse and eventually gave up. Our new 19 plate Leon is even worse. I had it back to Seat twice and again, it's been made worse so it's not going back again :think:
  11. Laurbach

Dealer recommendations near Bath/Bristol

I went twice to get the dash rattle sorted. First time they fixed the driver side but forgot to do the left side. Second time they made everything worse. I'm not going again for it, I'll try to get in there myself soon. They are super nice out there, especially the two ladies in the reception...
  12. Laurbach

Thanks, as long as they get it fixed it's worth the trip. Around bath there's not many seat dealers. See Seats all the time so a bit strange there's not anymore of them here. I've looked at Seat Congresbury and think I'll give them a try. If they can't sort it then I'll give Yeovil a go
  13. Laurbach

Can't believe that about good old swedish quality:-)
  14. Laurbach

Does anyone know of a Seat dealer in the Bath/Bristol area who is good at sorting out rattles? Blade in Bristol had my old Leon FR in 10 times for rattles but only added more. Now my new 19 Cupra is starting to get on my nerves (I told myself it's just the cars personality) but I would prefer a...
  15. Laurbach

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Just returned after a 2 week holiday in Denmark. My19 Cupra is a very nice long trip car... the adaptive cruise control is amazing and the extra power available when cruising on the german autobahn is incredible from a 2.0L engine. It's a bit louder at higher speeds than my previous Leon 2015...
  16. Laurbach

Leon Cupra 2019 and sound level?

Been fiddling with sound deadening the last couple of days. Boot and front doors done so far, next few days will be the rear doors and under the rear seat. Been using Silent Coat and a 10mm closed foam on top, and the acoustic foam inside the door panels. Anti squeak tape on contact surfaces...
  17. Laurbach

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Road trip today :funk:
  18. Laurbach

Carista App

Just got on the beta today. The email from customer service said if on a free trial then I should cancel right away??? Should I now wait and cancel just before the month runs out?
  19. Laurbach

The strips is what I've been told as well. But seen so many "how to videos" where people cover the whole car from top to toe in silent coat :shrug:
  20. Laurbach

Is it necessary to cover the panels completely? Some say that any more than 25% cover is not giving much difference.... I bought some 10 mm closed cell foam to put on top of the silent coat and acoustic foam to fill out the doors.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise