Search results

1. Stefan147

Best place for new shocks

DCC shocks are Monroe. They recently started selling those as aftermarket equipment. A few months ago you were only able to get those from the dealers for double the price. Probably a clause with VAG etc. Same deal as with the 370mm disks from SHW.
  2. Stefan147

Brake pads options for 370mm Brembo 4 pots

I've been running the Zimmermann's for over 40.000km now. Zero issues and minimal wear. Car's done 3 trackdays as well and it always runs performance pads. I would not bother with EBCs. I've tried some and they were all rubbish. Same with the DS2500. I would go for Hawk which are rather...
  3. Stefan147

Brembo 4pot brakes Retrofit (sub 8 performance pack brakes)

It's been a few years now and I don't remember exactly. I think only the mirror byte is changed. Give it a look at Ross-Tech forum to be sure.
  4. Stefan147

Check the mirrored bytes before changing anything to avoid any hiccups.
  5. Stefan147

Yes I did. According to the excel file I sent before. You have to let the car know that you changed the calipers to get the most out of them and be safe.
  6. Stefan147

I wouldn't expect major differences. All these are fabricated locally by an external provider of Hel/Goodridge under their specifications of course. If I got a picture of the shop that delivered mine I'd be surprised if anyone would trust them for their brakes. :giggle:
  7. Stefan147

I know. Something's wrong with the pricing. These were around 120€ both if I'm not mistaken about 3 years ago but I'm pretty sure something changed with the part numbers. I probably still got the invoice so I might check. Anyway, you can still go on with the project as the Sub8 brakes really...
  8. Stefan147

Check this out. You will find everything you need in there. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-OKyWGNWASIKmDf_YrTnT22BEh8ocQ1V1qpXOTBX84/edit#gid=1122661309
  9. Stefan147

Revo Stage 2 GPF on a FWD 290 anyone had it done that can give me an honest review?

I'm Revo stg2 for more than a year now but I just recently added a DO88 intercooler due to a minor crash. Up to now all supporting mods were a pickey R600 (k&n, turbo muffler delete etc) and some DO88 boost, throttle etc pipes. Stock exhaust. So, before the intercooler the car (gpf 290 dsg...
  10. Stefan147

Rims that fit Brembo 4pot Performance Pack

OZ Ultraleggeras 18x8 ET45 clear the Brembo's and do not rub.
  11. Stefan147

Help Cupra 300 ST wheels

I would have a look at allegro.pl. Most sellers there will probably be happy to ship after some email exchange. Shipping costs won't be cheap and there might be charges for customs as well but at least you will have the correct wheel...
  12. Stefan147

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I'm super happy with this one which seems to be in a great price today. Good fitment, good quality and makes the front a little bit more rigid. I used to have a slight rubbing noise from somewhere in the A-pillar when the weather was cold and now it's gone. I also noticed the extra stiffness in...
  13. Stefan147

You got everything right in theory. Then again who cares if the pads are not exactly legal? I would guess that this happens for cost savings since manufacturers know that this kind of pads interest very few and getting them homologated probably makes no financial sense. In real life though...
  14. Stefan147

I wouldn't bother with oem pads. For the money there are plenty of real high performance options. I would go for Hawk pads or DS2500 for this kind of money. At the moment I run PFC Z-rated which is an all around performance pad. Zero noise, zero fade in the track and very gentle with the disks...
  15. Stefan147

RVC reversing camera installed

I don't think that this can be done as long as the camera is loaded with another car's parameters. The main problem is the high of the camera. On the Leon the camera is lower than any other mqb model fitted with the rvc high.
  16. Stefan147

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I've done this. 99% of the time I keep the ambient lights to red so I just drilled a hole in every pocket and connected these to the window's switch + & -.
  17. Stefan147

Retrofit blind spot detection?

Wow it's almost double the price since last year. Blind spot set
  18. Stefan147

Revo Stage 2 GPF on a FWD 290 anyone had it done that can give me an honest review?

Can anyone with a Stg2 opf Revo share his experience from a trackday or generally (very) spirited driving? I took the car to the track for the first time since it was mapped and I feel like that vaq can either not cope with the extra power or it doesn't work at all. Can it be that the remap has...
  19. Stefan147

Android auto/full link problems

After updating anything I could and trying 4-5 different cables (mostly old but perfectly functional until S22Ultra), all AA problems were solved with this cable. https://www.ugreen.com/products/right-angle-usb-c-to-a-cable?variant=39815559249982
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.