Search results

1. Lee_FR140

Brakes, Clutch & Hydraulics

I'll call them tomorrow. They seem to be a well thought of place. Cheers for the input! Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  2. Lee_FR140

Cheers for the input both - appreciate it. I agree, it shouldn't be a difficult fix however the last garage that looked at it suggested it was likely a sticky caliper but "weren't sure" because it was intermittent... The car is in on Friday for the timing belt so I'm going to ask the mechy...
  3. Lee_FR140

@everson38 @RUM4MO You guys seem to contribute quite a bit so perhaps you'll know (or maybe not!!) - do either of you know if the hydraulic drawings for the Ibiza's ever made it to the internet? It would be interesting to see these..
  4. Lee_FR140

Tapping noise in passenger dash linked to air recirculator

I kinda figured it would be closed off but worth an ask. Not surprised to hear that they are delicate items also... Presumably, you meant: Recirculate On - Hi Vent, Mid Vent, Foot Vent, Windscreen and cycle in that sense? Or was it as simple as Recirc On then Off and cycle that way? I've...
  5. Lee_FR140

I can fully support that as if I use the recirc function and then switch is back to external air, it settles the 'Hunting' for a while - sometimes longer than others. Is the 'Track Contact' that you mention accessible from underside of glovebox or...?
  6. Lee_FR140

I have a similar issue however the garage checked and mentioned that the Climatronic unit was faulty - it keeps losing the positions of the flaps and is stuck in a constant cycle - but as with all electronics, it can be hit & miss as to how it works. I guess this depends on whether you have the...
  7. Lee_FR140

Thanks for the reply (and apologies for the late thanks!!) I'm still trying to work out the correlation between the Brakes dragging and the clutch issue (as mentioned up above). Is there a chance the 2 are linked or is it more likely that it's coincidental? TIA - Lee
  8. Lee_FR140

Cheers for the reply - do you know if a strip down and service would resolve the issue also? Or, is it likely more cost effective just to supply & fit 2x new calipers? I suspect I know the answer already...
  9. Lee_FR140

Thanks for the reply - appreciated. They drained some of the old fluid and checked the calipers - it wasn't a full flush (more to try and see if the fluid was a significant part of the problem) and there was a mention of slider pins being greased. In my mind, if something has 'seized', it...
  10. Lee_FR140

Quick Nudge on this..?!
  11. Lee_FR140

Evening Folks, Looking for some help.. From time to time, the car feels like the rear calipers are not releasing fully causing it to feel sluggish. When this happens, the handbrake also feels like it has somewhat less resistance when pulled. Coincidentally, when this happens, the clutch pedal...
  12. Lee_FR140

Front End Knocking Noise - 2014 FR 1.4 ACT 140

No actually, I haven't, but that's a good call as it could explain the knocking being constant and central...
  13. Lee_FR140

Front End Knocking Noise - 2014 FR 1.4 ACT 140

Evening All, Looking for some input on a knocking noise coming from the front of the car... It's Not Engine related - certain about that. Typically happens on roads that have any form of uneven surface. Motorways / other Smooth roads (when you can find them) are fine. It's not specific to...
  14. Lee_FR140

New Fella - Northumberland

Evening chaps... Sure, I'll dig some put. Trying the forum from tapatalk and it's an awful experience!! Sent from my Sony Xperia[emoji769] E5823 smartphone using Tapatalk
  15. Lee_FR140

Seat Portable Sat Nav/Garmin Fresh program

Hey Joe, i've had similar (not exact) - in the end, SEAT gave me a new unit as mine became inoperable. I'd certainly be going back to the dealership and pushing for them to contact SEAT and seeking support that way. In truth, they are awful units - sadly i don't think there are any...
  16. Lee_FR140

1.4TSI 40k Miles Maintenance Schedule

Hi guys, this is something that I've also heard similar yet different versions of... I've been told by an independent garage that it's 5 years / 80k miles as the belt is "lifetime" and this is VW's recommendation. I've also been told 5 years / 70k - 80k miles by halfords. Mine is at 62,500k...
  17. Lee_FR140

New Fella - Northumberland

Evening Folks, Joined up a couple of weeks back - decided to revert to the traditional forums when the new group platform being facebook became to infuriating! Currently own a 2014 Ibiza FR Edition 1.4 TSI ACT - 62k (ish) and not really looking to change. Not looking to modify the car either...
  18. Lee_FR140

EPC light 1.4 TSI turbo actuator

Evening all.... reigniting an older post i'm having the same issues on an Ibiza FR with the 1.4 ACT motor... Reading the posts, i've got the same understanding as Eric in that the Variable Vane Turbo's are diesels so its going to be the waste gate actuator on mine that is struggling... I've...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.