Search results

1. gurpz94

Attending a Trackday?

Thanks mate. I've picked up a pair of Mtec C hook discs for the front and will sort out the DS2500s before putting them back on so I'll be doing that when I have some time. With previous cars on coilovers the ride is much harsher and more stiff - is it the same with these cars on coilies? I...
  2. gurpz94

New 2020 OEM Quality Chrome Car Badges (Group buy)

1. Syphon 2. BigJase88 (paid for by the forum for being the first to guess what it was) 3. Lozzy15 4. Legojon 5. Ian Sturgess 6. Jimbobcook 7. The Daily Meme 8. John Relf 9. Oliver Pawley 10. Nathan Penney 11. Jimbobcook No2 12. jdmsx 13. CalJames 14. Damo H 15. Damo H No2 16. icestorm81 17...
  3. gurpz94

Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Do they still perform quite well when it has the initial bite or has the overall effectiveness dropped? That's on my list of things to do, but I can't safely get the car in the air at home. I'll see if I can think of any bright ideas
  4. gurpz94

Attending a Trackday?

Finally got round to editing and getting the video out for my first attempt at a track day. The brakes really struggled even though I just put fresh pads on a few days before, but with my water meth system the intake temps stayed low. Before my next trip to the track I need to do some...
  5. gurpz94

Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

What pads have you currently got? I was looking at these but went for DS2500s so I'm curious to see how these perform. Took it to a track day now I have crazy loud squealing all the time :blink:
  6. gurpz94

What radio model comes in Cupra r? RNS315?

Mine came with an RNS510, not sure if it was factory fitted or upgraded afterwards.
  7. gurpz94

Honeycomb grill

The best place is probably eBay, a genuine one will cost a lot of money. Are you looking for a badge less grill or one with the S badge?
  8. gurpz94

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Finished replacing my water methanol check valve with a solenoid as I've moved the injection after the throttle body. Running good and with the nice weather you can definitely tell the difference when the meth system is switched off and switched on.
  9. gurpz94

Mk2 leon cupra buying advice

Another one to look out for (albeit quite hard to notice) is misfires. If you have a VCDS scan tool you can check misfires. This can caused by something simple like spark plugs (£20 for a set), coil packs (£80 a set for good ones) up to injectors (mine set me back £800 a set!). Also pop the...
  10. gurpz94

Rear door won't open from outside, but not always,

Yes mate, as soon as I sprayed the WD40 in the door worked perfectly. No issues at all since I did this a few weeks ago.
  11. gurpz94

How to install a water methanol system

Thanks Paddy! Right now I'm just using it for cooling, it helped immensely on my track day. I have called R-tech who did my Stage 2+ map and they said the ECU will correct itself anyway, but when I go stage 3 they can map this in. There's a lot of risk when mapping this in because if the water...
  12. gurpz94

How to install a water methanol system

Tank and pump mounted in the rear. I chose to mount them both in sight because they look awesome, and to remind me that they're there so I don't put a suitcase in the boot and it causes damage. The wiring will be tidied up a bit, I'll make a slit in the carpet to just the wires and of course put...
  13. gurpz94

2010 MK2 Leon Cupra R - Build from Stock - Stage 2+ (and beyond) including DIY guides

With everyone being at home and most places now being closed, I had time to catch up on some editing. I've finished up with the water methanol system video, it took about 25 hours to install taking my time, and I ended up with a very long video because I came across a little of weird little...
  14. gurpz94

2010 MK2 Leon Cupra R - Build from Stock - Stage 2+ (and beyond) including DIY guides

I sent my steering wheel off for a retrim a few weeks ago. Royal Steering Wheels did an amazing job on the wheel, I went for alcantara with red stitching and a red leather strip at 12 o'clock. The new wheel is so smooth and easy to drive with. I made a video on the quality and how to remove +...
  15. gurpz94

Upgraded Clutch

I went for the RTS Single Mass Flywheel. OEM pedal feel and handles 400lbft of torque at the moment, people have done 500+ on this clutch. As Jon mentioned above I recommend getting the slave cylinder done as well as the release bearing (cheap to do when everything is off).
  16. gurpz94

Rear door won't open from outside, but not always,

I followed that video posted, took off the 2 panels on the rear passenger door. Seems like someone already drilled the hole so I just sprayed a bunch of WD40 in. Closed the door, locked the car, unlocked and it's working perfectly! Even if I need to do this twice a year it takes 2 mins.
  17. gurpz94

[DIY] Applying Lamin-X Gunsmoke to my headlights, tail lights, fog lights & side markers

In this video we install the Lamin-X gunsmoke tint film to our car. We cover the headlights, fog lights, side markers & tail lights, including comparison shots for all of them. This is quite a fiddly job to do and will require a lot of patience but the aesthetic difference it makes to the car...
  18. gurpz94

Coolant leak

Just replacing parts can turn into an expensive and frustrating experience. The K-Seal will find the hole and plug it, but I'm not sure if it does more damage than good. Does your coolant leak occur when the car is sitting or only when it's on and running? Some of the coolant hoses have a U...
  19. gurpz94

Coolant leak

I'm not sure if it would do any damage, but in the past I've used K-Seal (blue bottle). Pour it into your coolant tank and wherever it meets oxygen it goes hard, so anywhere there is a leak it will form a putty-like fill. Mind you I used it in my first car which was a crappy 20 year old golf...
  20. gurpz94

Here's some pics of the meth install, all done at home so I'll post the DIY video here in a few weeks when it's all edited. Tank and pump mounted in the rear. I chose to mount them both in sight because they look awesome, and to remind me that they're there so I don't put a suitcase in the...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.