Search results

1. gurpz94

How to install a water methanol system

Tank and pump mounted in the rear. I chose to mount them both in sight because they look awesome, and to remind me that they're there so I don't put a suitcase in the boot and it causes damage. The wiring will be tidied up a bit, I'll make a slit in the carpet to just the wires and of course put...
  2. gurpz94

[DIY] Applying Lamin-X Gunsmoke to my headlights, tail lights, fog lights & side markers

In this video we install the Lamin-X gunsmoke tint film to our car. We cover the headlights, fog lights, side markers & tail lights, including comparison shots for all of them. This is quite a fiddly job to do and will require a lot of patience but the aesthetic difference it makes to the car...
  3. gurpz94

How to fit a HID kit

In this video I show you how to wire up and fit a HID kit. HID kits can offer a massive improvement over halogen and LED bulbs, but be aware that most HID kits cause a huge amount of glare which will affect oncoming traffic. I also show a comparison between the HIDS4U stealth HID kit and the...
  4. gurpz94

[DIY] Change the colour of your stitching for less than £5

In this video we show you how to change the colour of your leather stitching by dying it with a Sharpie fabric marker. As silly as it might sound, the result is amazing and for less than £5 a marker, it makes a MASSIVE difference. We used a total of 4 markers for the whole of our interior (all...
  5. gurpz94

How to replace your broken connector

Hi guys, Thought I would post in this forum rather than a specific model as this applies to all VWAG cars. I've made a video on how to replace your D-type connectors, mostly found in headlights and larger pin connectors. As we all know the tab on the headlight connector can snap over time, and...
  6. gurpz94

Sloppy gear changes and gear lever movement

I struggled to get into 5th and reverse, as well as having a really notchy gear lever more so after fitting my short shifter. I've done the gear linkage adjustment but this hasn't helped things, if anything it made 5 & R worse, but the rest are a bit better. After watching a bunch of...
  7. gurpz94

DIY - How to change your spark plugs

In this video we show you how to change your spark plugs. This is a quick and easy job to do and will save you at least £20 in labour that garages normally charge. As you can see from the thumbnail and the video, our spark plugs were in REALLY bad condition due to water ingress (common problem...
  8. gurpz94

A few MK3 Cupras at the Beckton HTUK & GSM meet

Saw a few nice MK3 Cupras at the meet last weekend, including a nice loud white Cupra. I also saw a black MK2 K1, unfortunately my MK2 LCR was all alone and didn't see any others
  9. gurpz94

DIY - How to fit VIS/AutoTech Internals - UPGRADE & MODIFY your fuel pump

This is a cheap way to get much more out of your car's fuelling system, without having to spend £600 + for an uprated fuel pump (£821 for an APR HPFP!). This is a DIY so follow it at home, I make a few mistakes but I do my best to point it out along the way. See the bottom video for a guide on...
  10. gurpz94

DIY - How to replace your CAM FOLLOWER & remove your HPFP - 2.0 TFSI engines

The high pressure fuel pump in the 2.0TFSi engine can be affected by excessive wear of the cam lobe and the follower that drive the pump. The factory solution is to increase the hardening of the cam lobe and as of 2006 all 2.0TFSI’s have harder cam lobes. This issue is not limited to...
  11. gurpz94

How to fit ERROR FREE LED Beamtech headlight bulbs with a working LED control unit!

In this video I show you how to fit LED H7 bulbs from Beamtech, with a Philips adapter to stop any error codes from coming up, as well as preventing beam flickering. The process is relatively simple so give this a go! When installing the bulbs make sure they both face either up/down or...
  12. gurpz94

Headlight adjuster screws not working?

After fitting my new LED H7 headlight bulbs, I now notice more than before that my driver side light is good... and my passenger can see the road 3ft ahead of the car and nothing else. I just tried to use the 2 adjuster screws on the passenger side with an allen key... but nothing happened. I...
  13. gurpz94

How to wrap badges, trim etc in 3M Carbon vinyl wrap

This video will show you how to wrap your front badges when it's off the car. This can be done for rear badges, front badges, interior trim etc. I'll be releasing a video next week on how to wrap when it's on the car - for some badges, they can be done on the car, others need to be taken off so...
  14. gurpz94

How to fit error free LED sidelights - Seat Leon, Cupra, Cupra R

Hi guys, Check out the video if you want to see how to fit sidelights, they are a pain in the butt and really fiddly but if you get the technique right it's not bad.
  15. gurpz94

How to fit a short shifter (eBay, Forge etc) on a MK2 Cupra

Link to the short shifter - https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Seat-Leon-Cupra-Mk2-1p-R-FR-2005-2011-Short-Shift-Quick-Shifter-6-SPD/870702845?iid=182303508522 Also, make sure you install the short shifter in the neutral position (you can see a few mistakes I made in the video, so you can avoid making them).
  16. gurpz94

Fitting a new Diverter Valve - How to video guide (Seat Leon Cupra R) + NOISE!

I fitted the revision G DV, quite easy to install, we included the after sound too. Sounds 10x better than the rev D DV. This should only take about 10-15 minutes including removal of the old DV and fitting the new one. The difference is day and night.
  17. gurpz94

How to fit an AFTERMARKET INTERCOOLER

In this video I show you how to fit an aftermarket intercooler to my mk2 leon cupra r. The process is very similar for other cars with the same platform. I couldn't find a guide anywhere so decided to make the video. It will take a few hours so make sure to set aside enough time, you can't...
  18. gurpz94

How to flush out, clean and polish your intercooler

In this video I clean up and flush out the intercooler that we will fit soon You can use this same process for other car parts or other metal/alloy bits in your house I use paraffin, a wire brush, degreaser and some metal polish
  19. gurpz94

CHEAP DIY smoke test WITHOUT a CIGAR or CIGARETTE - Find air leaks, under £10!

Smoke test I used in this video: https://amzn.to/2IOIeNR
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.