Search results

1. Boot handle broken - what am I missing?

So like many people, my boot handle has stopped working. I can still open the boot using my key fob (thank you spring-loaded boot struts) but the handle doesn’t do anything. I replaced the handle with a brand new unit. The old one was corroded and didn’t spring back into place. This didn’t...
  2. Quick Shift

I think the Forge one is CNCed from billet aluminium, hence the price. eBay one might be cast so be careful and buy from someone reputable. You only need the one kit from darkside, it’ll have two solid bushings. Triple check which ones you need though as there are a few options. Pop your air box...
  3. New dampers for FR

I think 35-229919 is the 55mm B8 front Bilstein shock, so presumably they make a B6 too. Try emailing [email protected] The Bilstein are mono-tube which makes a big difference. There’s no cavitation, which is partly what causing the crashing into potholes etc.
  4. New dampers for FR

Just trying to help pal.You said you were looking at Bilsteins, I have Bilsteins. ?‍♂️ I can live without the grief though ?
  5. New dampers for FR

There’s a difference in set up sure, the FR is a bit stiffer and lower than standard. Just my opinion of course, but Bilstein shocks are a premium part, I’d argue that they’re better than what’s on the FR anyway. I paid about £520 for a full set of B8’s, plus £115 for Eibach Pro springs and...
  6. New dampers for FR

I’ve got Bilstein B8’s on my TDI ST. They’re fantastic. They’re a huge step up from OEM. Imagine they’re a step up from the FR suspension too. No more crashing into potholes. Definitely a firmer ride but the ride quality is much improved and it’s much flatter in the corners.
  7. Bilstein B8 review

Mines just a drop in filter, and the front intake is opened up so it takes more air forcedirectly from the front. There’s oil in the intake anyway from the PCV valve. A few drops on the filter is fine. Car is tuned and you get a bit more noise from the intake. If you open the intake you’ll...
  8. Quick Shift

I’ve got the forge short shifter installed. One of the best mods to date. Makes it far easier to drive. With the stock gear linkage bushing the car was almost undriveable though. Worth putting aluminium ones in while you’re there. Took probably 30 minutes to install. There’s a bit more noise...
  9. Bilstein B8 review

Got an oiled K&N filter and an opened air intake so I tend to do it when I clean the filter. Couple of quick blasts with MAF cleaner knocks all the grime off. I do/did (Pre March) about 15-20k miles a year and figured it was worth doing while the intake was open. It’s two extra screws to take...
  10. Bilstein B8 review

Oil changed every 6 months, fuel additive with every fill up, MAF and filter clean every 6 months, PS4’s all round, but it’s no fun is it. :D
  11. Bilstein B8 review

You’re killing me.
  12. Bilstein B8 review

? Don’t say that! Whiteline have 25% off anti-roll bars but I need my cam belt doing. Decisions decisions...
  13. Full link activation worth it?

I paid £120 For activation I think. Night and day difference between the inbuilt Maps/media and Apple Car Play. Apple maps were just updated with loads of extra detail for example. Plus lots of apps have a car play specific app for better on screen controls. Also, I find Bluetooth audio to be...
  14. Bilstein B8 review

I bought from here.
  15. Bilstein B8 review

Yeah shame really because the car has been brilliant other than that. To be fair I was planning on replacing them at some point anyway. I’m running 225/40/18 Michelin PS4. They feel better than ever with the set up changes.
  16. Bilstein B8 review

1.6tdi SE technology I think. The OE front shocks went after 25k miles and the rear at about 47k. Wish I’d put these on when the front went to be honest. I looked at coil overs for a while but glad I went the B8 route instead.
  17. Anyone running 15mm front spacers?

I’ve got 15mm spacers on with the same wheel. Would probably fit a 20mm. Mine don’t rub at all.
  18. Bilstein B8 review

I’ve had a set of Eibach Pro kit lowering springs on my ST since I bought it. They definitely go some way to improving the handling but with the OE shocks, there’s still room for improvement. After a bunch of research I settled on a full set of Bilstein B8’s. I paid £515 from a Spanish seller...
  19. Lowering Springs

I paid £115 for Eibach Pro Kit from http://www.cartech-one.co.uk/ Mine has 15mm spacers all round too. Im just about to fit Bilstein B8’s too. The stock shocks leave a lot to be desired. Recommend a set of shortened anti roll bar links too. Number one tip, get a four wheel alignment...
  20. Brake Disks + Pads - What am I looking for?

AutoDoc have good discounts on at the minute. Put your car details in and it’ll pull up suitable parts. Euro car parts can also help you find the right parts.