Search results

1. Stuck going into 1st gear and reverse... normal?

This doesn't sound like a fault to me. For a gear to lock the U-bit of one side of a gear must slide into the T-bit of the other side (T and U are supposed to be pictures here not letters). One side is connected to the wheels and the other to the engine (and clutch). When the car is completely...
  2. Is cupra 290 more exciting than octavia vrs245

The cupra with stage 1 tune gives you 340-370hp. 300hp to the front wheels is probably the sweet spot. More is not really needed, but then again, the knowledge that you have a bit more then enough is satisfying! I love my stage 1 Cupra, and I’m not hunting for more, when it can spin the front...
  3. Any reason why this seems to always be the case?

It's always interesting to hear the thoughts of others, I had ACC as a must have feature when I bought my Cupra (used) and I love it and would never buy a car without it!
  4. JB4 stock tune

Are talking about a Cupra? My reply below are based on a Cupra. I've never tried JB4 but have been reading a bit about it (I went with a reflash in the end and are happy with it). From what I've gathered you can logg the car with the JB4 and send the logs to someone at JB4 and they will reply...
  5. ESC System

As a swede who are used to drive in winter conditions, my best hint is to reeeeealy feather the throttle when setting off, as soon as the wheel starts to slip, you have lost the static friction against the ground are much more likely to get stuck, ESP systems or not, 'cus the ESP system can only...
  6. Default turbo pressure Cupra 290

Yes the gauge shows Absolute pressure including 1 bar of normal pressure. So a stock engine adds about 1bar or 14.5psi. My Stage 1 reads about 2.6 or 1.6 of boost.
  7. Wheels and tires for the cupra

I've seen the question many times on this forum and on facebook groups. What I'm looking for is from a more technical standpoint. What is the fastest, from a dig and round a track. What feels fast and nimble? How wide of track is preferred? What can you fit a standard car without modifying it...
  8. Adaptive Cruise Control

Short answer is no. Most of time (if not all) you lack hardware. There are people who have the ability to install hardware and recode software. But you also need a new stock to add the function of selecting distance to car in front which you lack. And if that isn't enough there may be insurance...
  9. Cupra 290 stage 1

Here is a blogpost about (a lot and) the re-calibrated gauges, this may be a gpf only thing? https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/all-new-gpf-stage-1-software-for-2-0t-ea888-gen-3-is38/ My guess is that they have changed something in the ECU so that the car show the new numbers, however I think that...
  10. New Cupra incoming, a couple of questions

If you wanna coast while driving I suggest using the eco-mode. It is well hidden though, you need to select individual mode-> edit-> engine to find it. Feels a bit strange that it is that well hidden. The other bit, to not put the car into neutral when stationary feels illogical to me. I have...
  11. Ethanol kit

I dont know if this thread has been moved, but this forum is for the leon mk3. Have you seen this thread? https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-cupra-and-e85-flex-fuel.457977/
  12. Which version of OBDeleven is needed?

I'm still not sure, but this is from the iOS faq. I get the feeling "one-click-apps" works with the new device. https://voltas-it.helpshift.com/a/obdeleven-android/?p=android&s=application-usage-for-ios&f=what-is-a-one-click-application-and-how-to-use-it&l=en
  13. Which version of OBDeleven is needed?

The old version only works with android, and the new version that supports ios in under development. I think you can do the things that you want with the normal (non pro) version, but you need to "pay" with credits. Please note the word "think".
  14. Leon Cupra and E85 flex-fuel

I would like to break it down into smaller bits. The first bit is why. It was stated above. Its not to use a massive turbo and huge gains but for fuel cost. The second bit is we have different fueling systems in EU, we have port and direct you have only direct, this could be a contributing...
  15. Leon Cupra and E85 flex-fuel

I'm no expert, but are you sure? I just did a remap to ~355hp on RON98, but my tuner said my duty cycle on the injectors where at 65% so lots of headroom left..
  16. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I got my Cupra ST 290 MY2016 mapped with RacingLine OEM+ Stage 1 ECU tune, no other mods (yet..). First impressions are the new torque from 2700-2900 RPM is a lot higher, pulls like a diesel but revs like a petrol. We tried to get it to dyno but failed, my OEM TCU does a kickdown when you try...
  17. Cupra 300 Valved Exhaust

I like your idea, Koenigsegg seems like it as well, they did it and then patented it.