Search results

1. IBD

VR6 Conversion......

Congratulations, have read this from the begining on various forums, never thought you would get it done! It does look pretty smart as well, not many people like the saloons, but I always have. I bet its a quick little car that suprises a few people! After you get used to the power, I bet its...
  2. IBD

Winter wheels - will 15" leon alloys fit on FR tdi??

They should fit fine, I think my 96 golf vr6 had 288mm fron discs and came with 15's as standard you need 16's to clear 312mm discs as fitted to the LC
  3. IBD

Southbend Cluitch and Flywheel Options

My first leon was just like you described, and my current one has started as well. It is normall diagnosed as the flywheel. Cheapest things to try are as suggested. Master cylinder, fluid swap, maybe gearbox oil as well. I went the whole hog for around £750 last time for genuine Sachs parts...
  4. IBD

Southbend Cluitch and Flywheel Options

Where did you get the price of £250 for the dmf, I keep getting £350?
  5. IBD

Advice on tyres - 205 width on 7.5j wheels

I'd go with a 205 40, and nice and low, if I could find a nice set of 17's
  6. IBD

Advice on tyres - 205 width on 7.5j wheels

Not the best pics, but I had 205 40s on these Audi TT comps on my VR6, these were 7.5's Wish I didnt sell the car now
  7. IBD

Cupra 1.8T fuel use

Agreed, driving like a slow arse on the commute , I get 360 to a tank normally 300 though
  8. IBD

Oh NO head gasket

How badly does it drink, I struggle to get over 35 for my 1.8T But I have had is down to 22. To be honest my 2.8 golf VR6 was better on petrol!
  9. IBD

Oh NO head gasket

I would not be able to justify selling after putting that much money into it. If you are going for a brand new block, you have already changed the clutch, it must be a car that you will just have to keep after all that. It would be almost like a new car!
  10. IBD

How do I know if i need a new dmf?

Only sticks down when cold for the first couple of minutes until the clutch and fly warm up. I had the same problem with my last Leon when the dmf went, in the winter, the master had already been changed at this point
  11. IBD

How do I know if i need a new dmf?

You can tell, when you start the car from cold, you find it difficult to get the car in gear The clutch pedal is heavy and the bite point very low. I have found the clutch pedal stick half way down when cold as well.
  12. IBD

Oh NO head gasket

I know what you mean, I am contemplating if its worth changing my clutch as thats £700 MOT is up in January, I think I need a new caliper at the back and a set of discs and pads, and then the tax is the end of Jan. Added to that I am only 6 months away from cambelt and water pump. It gets...
  13. IBD

Oh NO head gasket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-1-8-20-Valve-non-turbo-Engine-Supply-and-Fit-/220707804528?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336335d570 Or this supplied and fitted!
  14. IBD

Oh NO head gasket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Toldeo-A3-Golf-1-8-20V-Engine-AGN-Mint-29K-/380226709167?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58874726af How does this sound?
  15. IBD

which would be lower?.

I know what you mean, I need one new strut, but if I change one I need to do the pair and that £80 for OEM Bilsteins. While I am taking this to bits I should fit new springs as they have done 110k miles so thats another £100 so its cheaper to fit coilovers and new top mounts and bump stops all...
  16. IBD

which would be lower?.

I know, I was a bit gutted it didnt lower the car anymore than that to be honest! Coilovers going on its replacement, i have been thinking about the JON or Jamex ones as well
  17. IBD

which would be lower?.

Here is mine before and after, I used Koni 35mm springs Before After Not a massive difference to be honest, but slightly lost the 4x4 look!
  18. IBD

08 plate Mk1

I have seen a K plate mk2 fiesta XR2. As said most likely old stock found unregistered. When I was buying my 07 plate Focus ST, I found a 57 plate LCR so it does happen. There have also been spotted L plate 94 registered mk2 golfs, even though the mk3 came out on a J
  19. IBD

Thank you spare coilpack

I carry a toolbag, which should cover most problems, bolt downs held in with allen keys!
  20. IBD

Thank you spare coilpack

As mine has bolt downs, is it worth carrying a spare? I presume these have less tendancy to go though, as my last ones didnt go it 50k miles of my ownership
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members