Search results

1. williamxb

Question about dash's lights

KOEO Self Test is its proper wording from some searching - Key On, Engine Off. The engine light stays on in this position you can be 100% sure that it works, similar to the quick flash the rest of the dash lights do. Totally normal behaviour in any remotely modern car!
  2. williamxb

Parking sensors (aftermarket?)

Totally agree with this, especially when the retrofit route isn’t that much more expensive, and contributes to the value of the car. Not to mention it doesn’t look ridiculous! There are plenty of threads re: reverse camera retrofit, and often dealers can sort that out for you too. Parking...
  3. williamxb

EPC, S/S and CC error lights on cold start?

Hi all. This has come up twice now, two days in a row, both on morning cold starts: Seemed to drive/run fine with the errors there, both times cleared immediately after turning it off and back on. Reckon there will be any error codes stored that might shed some light on what's going on? Car...
  4. williamxb

Magic Windows (Not Global Opening)

Might just need the auto windows resetting. My front windows were behaving strangely and this fixed them. Check out this thread: www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/how-do-i-reset-the-window-control.427068/
  5. williamxb

Question regarding full link

Samsung Car Mode hasn't been the default for connecting to vehicle infotainment for at least 3 years, if not more. Unless you have gone out of your way to set up Samsung Car Mode (massively inferior compared to AA), you will be using Android Auto. Yes you definitely do need full link...
  6. williamxb

Question regarding full link

Just to be excessively clear - Samsung Car Mode is not Android Auto. You will be able to use Android Auto regardless of the state of Samsung Car Mode. As for Full Link, yes that will need to be activated by someone, whether a main dealer or retrofitter. I think a fairly recent thread had a few...
  7. williamxb

Full link activation

Never had an issue with my screen not responding, iirc some had some issues in more extreme cold/hot weather though which may have something to do with it?
  8. williamxb

Changing the sound equalizer manually?

Worth noting if you use CarPlay/BT w/ Spotify, the EQ you set in Spotify settings carries over to the car. I've squeezed some extra very low end bass out of my stock speaker system by combining the Spotify and car EQ. Androids often have a system level EQ which does carry over BT, but not...
  9. williamxb

What would you like to see in our MK4 SEAT Leon FR review?

They still look very SE, rather than FR. Seat has great looking silver wheels, so why put those horrible van alloys on a decent spec??
  10. williamxb

Very boring wheels for an FR... however first edition wheels do look great on it from what I’ve seen. Interesting question for you - is the fog light unit the same as the Mk3.5? Doesn’t seem to match the rest of the bumper, and it looks strangely familiar...
  11. williamxb

Kangaroo test for the 1.5's! Also seconding ease-of-use tests on the infotainment/climate control - things like switching heated seats on, air re-circulation etc. Anything as easy as poking a real button in the Mk3.5 that seems to now be buried in infotainment menus! New quality of life...
  12. williamxb

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Honestly - it's a fairly cheap and nasty cable. £22 is insane for any phone cable, £3 however is alright considering it's got the 2 adaptors. The next issue is how stupid it looks dangling around the gear knob! I bought a very short right angle cable that stays entirely within the tray under...
  13. williamxb

2nd gear flat spot....

I've learnt to just ride the clutch to get some revs going at those speeds. Find that nothing actually happens in second until you get to about 20-30mph! I really can't imagine 2/3 of the displacement will help with the lack of power though.
  14. williamxb

Exhaust for 1.4TSI

Have you looked into resonator deletes? Generally a lot cheaper than an entire exhaust and might do the trick nicely.
  15. williamxb

Dashcam wiring guide for MK3 Leon

Assuming you mean your Mk3.5 2020 - yes, it'll all be the same, my MY20 same spec car was. Will probably be the same for the Mk4 FR too, I can imagine the wiring is the same as it's still essentially the same chassis. If you want to check it yourself, plug a charger or something that indicates...
  16. williamxb

Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Wouldn’t worry about breaking in the engine itself as modern engines are made to such incredibly tight tolerances it’s not as much a big deal as it once was - however I still wouldn’t totally thrash it for a few hundred miles out of consideration for the next owner!
  17. williamxb

FR owners, how do you deal with fake exhausts?

I was looking at an Ibiza before I ended up with my Leon and I must say that's the best looking way around the fake exhaust issue! Regarding kwlw's mention of the Cupra Ibiza - people who know cars will know that car doesn't exist... (as much as I'd love to see a good competitor to the Fiesta...
  18. williamxb

Wireless Charging phone size

That USB is probably 5V1A (can anyone confirm this?) so enough to charge an idle phone, but if you've got GPS going, streaming music and rendering Android Auto/CarPlay, then it might not charge much, if at all. However, I've never had a problem with my phone not charging when plugged in no...
  19. williamxb

Wireless Charging phone size

Massively recommend a short 90 degree cable. My XS Max fits perfectly with this cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K67RPBZ/. Far nicer quality than the lead Seat gave me too!
  20. williamxb

Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

I'd have a look into getting a well optioned FR Sport nearly new with the 2.0 190 - might strike a better balance between fun and cheap? Edit: Also plenty of tuning potential - can very easily get those up to Golf GTI power afaik!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.