Search results

1. Coolant temperature sensor

As far as I can see the temperature gauge is back to performing normally. I have also noticed a slight improvement in my fuel consumption since the sensor was replaced and this reinforces my belief that the original one was duff.
  2. Coolant temperature sensor

Thanks for your input That puts a great deal of perspective on my slight issue. The accommodating mechanic whom I frequent managed to change the sensor yesterday. It is difficult to know how my engine compares to the one on your A4 but in terms of time it took slightly longer than 40 minutes...
  3. Coolant temperature sensor

Thanks for the continued interest. I am fairly limited in mechanical skills and I had actually taken the car to a mechanic as, prior to seeing where the sensor is actually located, I thought that it would be a five minute job for him. As I mentioned earlier the sensor is in a horrible location...
  4. Coolant temperature sensor

Thanks again for your interest. I am basing my fault diagnosis purely on what others seem to have experienced in terms of symptoms associated with a faulty coolant temperature sensor. I have noted that the sensor fitted to my engine appears to be the grey coloured model which it seems was...
  5. Coolant temperature sensor

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I am pretty sure that it is part no 16 that I am looking to change albeit my engine appears to be slightly different to the one in the diagram and the coolant temperature sensor is in a significantly difficult location to access. I have had the car...
  6. Coolant temperature sensor

I believe that I have a faulty coolant temperature sensor on my 2013 Exeo 143 estate. Having watched a few YouTube videos on changing the coolant temperature sensor on various VAG cars I thought that it would be a relatively easy job to do on the Exeo. Apparently not! It would appear that the...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.