Search results

1. CupraJay

forge splitter dv

No input yet...My cars off the road having a new helix clutch, lightweight balance flywheel and Limited slip differential. Iv also purchased one of these valves...cant wait to hear it, Im running stage 2 revo, downpipe and exhaust, bmc cda induction, forge FMIC. Should sound quite sweet...
  2. CupraJay

Front Splitter Removed?

for the sake of £20...i wouldnt worry to much about it lol
  3. CupraJay

For anyone thinking of fitting a boost gauge...

Looks good. Iv bought a range of deffi gauges and a head up display, cost around £780. Looking forward to getting them in. especialy the head up display. In need of fitting the boost gauge though, id like to see how its boosting, and if there are differences to the days when it feels slow...
  4. CupraJay

forge splitter dv

people expecting HKS noises are clearly in noddy land..It isnt an sqv. Looking forward to hearing wht it sounds like on mine..running a fair bit of boost. Current one sounds lovely with the new spring in it.
  5. CupraJay

cupra R vs vxR

well on my m8s vxr...he has a miltek system and downpipe...and what i will say for the car...is the sound from it is incredible. Deffinatly one of the best sounding cars iv heard. Just has things that lets it down, for example, hes on his 3rd gearbox...and the handling isnt very good...
  6. CupraJay

cupra R vs vxR

depends on kit and company..stage 2 is usually 285bhp on a vxr. My best mate has one. courtney stage 2..285 bhp, 305 ft-lbs torque...It is quite laggy. These arguments could go on all day long..in fact theres loads of these threads read on. Interesting fact, my LC is perfectly matched...
  7. CupraJay

Forge FMIC

How much do you reckon i could get for a second hand Forge FMIC? Done about 15,000 miles on the car. Thinking of upgrading the turbo etc on the car and the kit comes with its own intercooler. So was wondering how do you think a second hand intercooler is worth..Its for a 03 LC.
  8. CupraJay

Revo Stage 2 - does Induction kit REALLY (and i mean REALLY) make a difference?

Make sure you smooth the inside of the air box mate. Bit of potch...But apparently helps.
  9. CupraJay

Cant stand it...Its something iv always had..Never liked open filters. When you clean it..it isnt half a shock to the system. Id either prefer a modded Airbox..Or a BMC...least also with a BMC you can have the filter, in a protective box, with a feed going into it..Air is litereally rammed...
  10. CupraJay

Performance difference with ICE

You will notice the difference...If your remotly interested in performance...either done do it...or Cut down on it. you'd be surprised how much better the car feels by pulling out the rear seat and panels...Feels a fair bit quicker and handling is better. Adding a person to the boot is...
  11. CupraJay

Id like to experiment with a std airbox myself...But my car never came with one..came with a carbono fitted..What a peice of crap. Does nowt bout destroy Maf sensors. Hate open cone filters with a passion. Orderd a bmc CDA...as per normal with all my cars. But the CDA trunking is terrible...
  12. CupraJay

Loud Leons

As said..its a mixture...Manifold and Boxer. Unfortunatly, without the boxer engine..it wont make the sound. As also mentioned porsche's have this engine, which is why they sound so damm incredible. Its just one of those little characteristics that come with the engine...Like V8's and...
  13. CupraJay

forge splitter dv

Think i may put in an order...Quite like the look of that..Been wanting to change My FDV anyway..and like how its adjustable without fiddling with springs which arnt to accurate.
  14. CupraJay

td 130 tuning

Yea they did..His is a quattro model. :)
  15. CupraJay

Boost Hunting Part 2 - Intercooler remove

You do, lol..You cant do much on cupra's without having the bumper off lol. Never had to take mine off yet..But need to soon. Any help on getting it off.Heard it was a pig?
  16. CupraJay

td 130 tuning

My thoughts exactly. Bassically, someone in the area has an astra 888...And my friend is adamant on beating his figures.
  17. CupraJay

td 130 tuning

*edit* Sorry about this post..just read above. *Dunce*
  18. CupraJay

td 130 tuning

Hey all...just posting on behalf of a friend really. Hes got an audi a3 1.9 TD. 130bhp model. I know this is a seat forum...but the engine is the same. So, thought id ask as this is the place with the knowledge...he wants to tune it..and he wants over 300 ft-lbs torque. What are his...
  19. CupraJay

Tempted

Far from depressed...Its just the same old story..chase that little bit of extra performance and things may go nuts. I bought this car with the intention of leaving it the hell alone unlike previous cars. As of yesterday the parts bought for it are Forge FMIC Brembo brakes EIP...
  20. CupraJay

Tempted

Have a remap mate..It'l keep u amused for quite some time. Not forever though, but no car does. Mines sitting at stage 2 now..237bhp...but im so bored now. Opting for a turbo upgrade in the middle of the year...aiming for 320sh. May aswell go the whole way now...iv got everything else...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.