Search results

1. SilverPilgrim

Fuel consumption....

I have averaged 42mpg over the last 2000 miles in my Cupra, that is all kinds of driving. In urban conditions and over short distances it tends to be between 30-35mpg. On the motorway at a steady cruise (65-70mph) it will do 50mpg. Considering the performance on offer, it is a surprisingly...
  2. SilverPilgrim

1.4 ecoTSI or Act if I'm thinking of a stage 1 remap?

Yeah I can appreciate the point about fuel economy since you are coming from a diesel. 45mpg is just a bonus though as nobody should buy a Cupra and then worry about the fuel consumption. By all accounts the 1.4 FR is more economical - in mine I once managed 54mpg on a 90 mile round trip up and...
  3. SilverPilgrim

2017 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI

An update on the Cupra as I have now had a stage 1 remap and done a (very) minor cosmetic upgrade. I decided to go with Superchips for the remap (same as the old FR) as you can uninstall and reinstall the map whenever you want to, I like the practicality. The car was quick before and now it's...
  4. SilverPilgrim

No worries mate, happy to give you advice on anything Ibiza-related. The Cupra is a jack of all trades car and I do consider it a small GT, maybe it's not as involving as say a Fiesta ST but it's so easy to live with. I've just been up and down to Derbyshire in the Cupra (180 miles each way)...
  5. SilverPilgrim

Hi, they are essentially the same engine except one has active cylinder technology which shuts off two cylinders under light engine loads. Think the 150 Eco TSI was introduced to meet new EU emissions standards at the time and it doesn't have active cylinder management. There is basically no...
  6. SilverPilgrim

Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

I think the VAG TSI engines hit peak torque earlier than most of the Ford equivalents. In real world situations, the Ibiza would probably be just as quick as the Ford and maybe have the edge in some respects. The tuning websites I've looked at are showing power increases of between 25-40bhp on...
  7. SilverPilgrim

Want to Mod My Cupra Black Ibiza

You can add links to images, for example if you have a photobucket account you can copy and paste the link to any images into your message here. The picture will then display in your message.
  8. SilverPilgrim

Cheers mate, I envy you with the smart black alloys and proper screen/sat nav as I don't have that in mine haha. Stage 1 remap is a good choice, should get you up to around 230-240bhp which is all the power you need. I will also be getting mine done soon but haven't decided which company to go...
  9. SilverPilgrim

Welcome, I'm sure Ebay would be a good place to start looking for aesthetic mods. Suppliers on there often give detailed information about which model(s) their parts fit. Are you looking to do any engine mods in addition to the aesthetic ones?
  10. SilverPilgrim

Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

It wouldn't surprise me if the 115 TSI is putting out 120+ bhp in reality. I have seen a dyno graph of the stock 95 TSI and it was putting out 103bhp, likewise the 1.8 192 TSI Cupra is over 200bhp stock. VW group seem to understate the power outputs of their engines for whatever reason :whistle:
  11. SilverPilgrim

My New Ibiza FR

Welcome, is your main focus body/aesthetic mods or are you also looking to do some tuning to your FR?
  12. SilverPilgrim

Remapping seat ibiza fr stage 1? 62 plate

Yes mate, at the very least you should be around that mark after a stage 1 remap. Even if you don't get it on the dyno for the exact measurements, you will feel the difference when driving it in the real world - overtaking will become a lot easier!
  13. SilverPilgrim

Yeah that's a good point - under ideal conditions (temperature, atmospheric pressure, fuel quality etc) the TSI engines do make more than stated factory output. If the tuners state a gain of 25bhp then you would probably still gain that with the remap hence 144PS being quoted. The 1.4 TSI ACT...
  14. SilverPilgrim

Do you know what engine your friend has in his Golf? Generally a stage 1 remap will not push the car beyond its limits in terms of stress on the engine and clutch - could be that the clutch already had an issue? Does he regularly try to "launch" the car and floor it in low gears? In a lot of...
  15. SilverPilgrim

I would say that the real power gain would be somewhere between the two figures: probably 132-133bhp in reality. Also, the quality of fuel used will have an impact on the power figures. The TSI engine will adjust to the type of fuel you use, so if you regularly use standard 95 RON petrol, you...
  16. SilverPilgrim

Ah fair. The sub £200 ones could turn out to be fine in that case. I had a Bluefin remap on my old FR, which meant that the tuning company sent a device loaded with the software that you installed yourself via the OBD port. The advantage of this was that you had a backup of the stock settings...
  17. SilverPilgrim

You don't necessarily need a rolling road for a stage 1 remap - you just need to have it done by a tuner with a good reputation. I had my 1.4 TSI FR remapped. I didn't get it dyno'd because it was from a reliable company and you could easily feel the increase in power and torque on the road...
  18. SilverPilgrim

New Member, Lookin for mod ideas

A decent remap would be about £350, proper sports exhausts systems start about £450, you'd have to factor in fitting costs as well. Remap will give you a noticeable performance increase and the exhaust will give you a better sound and look at the back - if you can stretch to both then you're...
  19. SilverPilgrim

A stage 1 remap (software modification only) will see you go up to about 130bhp with the 1.2 engine - it would be fairly nippy at that point! There are lots of different tuners out there who offer a variety of products, some are permanent remaps, some are plug and play tuning boxes that you can...
  20. SilverPilgrim

De-chroming will look smart, I agree. Do you have the 1.2 or 1.4 TSI engine or the diesel? All engines can see performance gains with a remap but the difference between the 1.2 & 1.4 petrol is significant!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise