Search results

1. Buying leased car

Hi, My Cupra 290 is going back to the lease company (ALD) in two weeks. I've already asked them about the option to buy the car off them at the end of the lease and they flat out refused, citing issues with VAT payments that mean that could never sell a PCH car back to the lessee (not sure how...
  2. Servicing Question

So it turns out the car was already set to long-life servicing and the oil service is a genuine requirement after 6k miles. Seat wanted to charge me £270 for the oil change only though! Will be taking my business elsewhere. Does anyone have any recommendations for reputable Seat servicing...
  3. Servicing Question

Hi all, I've got a leased '19 Cupra 290. It's done ~6700 miles and is about 14 months old. Lease is 24 months duration with ALD. The oil service notification has just appeared. Can someone explain the whole 'fixed interval' vs 'long-life' servicing regime please? Doing some searching here it...
  4. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yeah my 290 showed that at delivery (beginning of July). Unfortunately still looks like it will need one service before I hand it back (2 year lease 20k miles)
  5. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Same, I was under the impression it would basically be silent at first but have had plenty of pops and crackles and DSG farts in the first 500 miles.
  6. Engine temperature gauge wrong?

Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only one!
  7. Engine temperature gauge wrong?

Yeah you're right, the one for the left appears to be coolant and the one on the digital display is oil. The coolant one literally jumps from one bar up to like 4 or 5 (whatever is the middle) in one go though which is why I was confused. Also - is it normal for the radiator fan to stay...
  8. Engine temperature gauge wrong?

Just got my brand new Cupra 290 and the engine temperature gauge has some weird behaviour. The 'basic' gauge on the left of the digital display will show cold at start-up but then suddenly jump to nominal (90deg) after about 20 seconds. But if I look at the monitor on the digital display itself...
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Finally got her :clap:
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Finally got a collection date - 8th July :flag::cheeky:
  11. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Mine was also shown as 15/07 delivery to dealer but I got confirmation from SEAT that it arrived at the dealer yesterday. Signed my finance docs last week so tentatively hoping they'll release it towards the back end of next week.
  12. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

My car is in the country now! Hoping for a speedy turnaround to the dealership ...
  13. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Mines already enroute but would've definitely considered the Lux if I thought I was getting the alcantera bucket seats :love:
  14. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Just been given an estimated date at the dealer of 15th July... Bit disappointing considering its being built this week, thought it would be there a bit sooner than that.
  15. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Ouch, same order date as me, but my build week is this week. I won't feel so bad now!
  16. Many Cupra's?

Ahh didn't realise that. Well look out for me in about 4 weeks time hopefully!
  17. Many Cupra's?

Strange, I'm from that area and I literally saw the first one in the wild today since when I ordered my own about 2 months ago!
  18. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Love those OEM skirts, agree they should be standard. Enough to say "this is gonna be quicker than it looks" but nothing like a ridiculous Type-R.
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Pfft, I ordered my Mag Grey at the beginning of April and still waiting for it to be built!
  20. Stolen Cupra

This is something I've been wondering. I assume that means GAP cover wouldn't be necessary for the first 12 months of a lease as the insurer will just provide a new car which the finance company will then own. Subsequent cover may then be required after 12 months to cover any shortfall?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.