Search results

1. dannyb

My brain hurts. abs/tcs and more...

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you. so I have a few updates. I took what you said and I've implemented it... kinda The squeaking, I think has been solved by putting new brake pads in, though the old ones were only 40% worn or so. maybe contamination, age, or whatever. the new ones are cheap...
  2. dannyb

I will give that a go. cheers bud
  3. dannyb

Hello! It's me again, with more problems :( so a few weeks ago I had a problem with the turbo and the car running in limp mode, I have since changed the MAF sensor and the car seemed to be running fine. however, since then I have noticed that the car is running lumpy, usually on lower rev...
  4. dannyb

2004 tdi loss of power, oof!

Thank you for the reply bud, I think the issue is resolved. So... driving to work the next day, it was evident the car was in limp mode, purchased a new MAF sensor on eBay for £20, 2 days delivery, on a whim. Turns out today the car's turbo kicked in again with a great puff of soot from 3 days...
  5. dannyb

2004 tdi loss of power, oof!

Driving home from work today, accelerated the car from maybe 20mph to 30mph relatively hard, followed by a massive cloud of white smoke from the exhaust pipe at the back of the car, and loss of turbo power, now the car sounds very chuggy and ofc no turbo, There was no Bang, just a cloud of smoke...
  6. dannyb

Coolant Temperature light/beep

Wasnt too sure how to go about cleaning them up but decided to give them a clean with a cheap toothbrush from the supermarket, seems to have done the trick :coolthumb
  7. dannyb

Coolant Temperature light/beep

Hey there. Just wondering if the Coolant Temperature Light to beep and flash on the dash is a common problem before deciding to flush the system because I'm guessing it might be a case of buying a new reservoir and sensor If anybody can help me out at all or has experienced similar issues that...
  8. dannyb

Lowered Cupra Droplinks

I bought some of these adjustable drop links easy enough to install, at their lowest setting they sit slightly higher than the originals and thats fine for me with a 25mm drop But they work just like a track rod so you can set them as high as you like and lock them off, then bolt them on...
  9. dannyb

Brake light wanted

Hey there, Hoping somebody can give me a helping hand I'm in need of a 3rd brake light for my mark1 Leon, mine is cracked. Haven't had much luck finding one on eBay, I don't know part numbers or anything like that you see. If any of you guys know a place online to buy parts from, or with part...
  10. dannyb

New member needing assistance

Hi all @ seatcupra.net A new member of this forum here, Browsed this forum a couple of times over the years, seems like a good forum, also in need of a few parts for my mk1 Seat Leon so I thought it is about time I joined. Fingers crossed some of you guys can give me a point in the right...