Search results

1. Kirky

Cupra 290 drop in fuel consumption

Just the one long trip so far. Usually get 38mpg on the same journey and got 26mpg driving exactly the same. Exhaust was pinging more than normal as if I'd been giving it some beans but I'd been driving it like miss daisy. Didn't feel any different to drive and no regen light and zero error...
  2. Kirky

Cupra 290 drop in fuel consumption

Did you ever solve this issue? I've had my Cupra Lux since new for the last 2 years and it's just suddenly dropped from high 30s to mid 20s mpg. I scanned for errors but no errors came up. Hoping it's just GPF related.
  3. Kirky

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

It makes a huge improvement to the sound. I was skeptical at first but decided to take the plunge anyway. The result is much better than adding two extra items and changing a sound profile should be. It brings the music alive. One of the most noticeable changes is the Nav instructions coming...
  4. Kirky

69 Plate (December 2019) Leon Cupra - Good Price?

Cannot believe these 2nd hand prices now. To think in 2019 the Lux version cost between £21-22k brand new when all the lease deals were low. I bought my Lux back in March 2019 for £22k OTR, brand new factory order. So going by this thread it's not depreciated at all! Nice.
  5. Kirky

I'm from Edinburgh.
  6. Kirky

Had SEAT sound fitted by East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions. Cracking job by them. They didn't moan once despite the rain.
  7. Kirky

Cupra r lower copper grills

Already quite a big thread on this topic. https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/cupra-r-bumper-inserts.458330/
  8. Kirky

CUPRA Formentor spotted testing with the RS3 engine – 400HP anyone?

Put this engine in the new Leon and I'd buy one. Disappointing that they'd waste such a decent engine in an SUV.
  9. Kirky

Cupra as a daily?

I'll have a play when I get chance.
  10. Kirky

Cupra as a daily?

Isn't this just the same as having it in Comfort as the throttle response changes too.
  11. Kirky

Cupra as a daily?

Personally I do as in comfort it idles at lower RPM and also shifts gears a lot earlier. You can be in 7th at 40mph in comfort but that's not going to happen in Cupra as it will keep you in a decent gear ready to accelerate quickly.
  12. Kirky

Facelift Spec Differences & Options

July 19 plate Cupra owner here with 5800 miles on the clock. Bought brand new and zero issues with the car mechanically. I think the GPF can get up to temp very easily and doesn't need long runs like a DPF.
  13. Kirky

Review of Cupra 290 after 800 miles

It also idles higher to keep the turbo spooled up but I don't see this damaging the engine either. It changes gear a lot later in the rev range in the DSG too. Only thing I can think of is whatever the ECU does to make the pops and bangs isn't good for an engine start up but it wouldn't have...
  14. Kirky

Gutting the GFP

The car can get the same figures with the GPF as the cars without, so why remove it?
  15. Kirky

New to DSG - advice?

Redundant travel would annoy me. I can't use Eco because of the awful throttle response delay. If 25-50% of the travel wasn't doing anything I'd want a fix as it would drive me crazy!! It would have the opposite effect of setting off smoothly as you've taken away 25-50% of the travel which could...
  16. Kirky

New to DSG - advice?

That doesn't sound right. Have you driven someone else's to compare?
  17. Kirky

New to DSG - advice?

Not on my Cupra it doesn't, it's incredibly sensitive. I can't comment on the FR and Xcellence with the 2.0 engine though. I only tend to use the very top of the travel when taking it easy, it soon gets into extremely quick acceleration with very little throttle travel used. You can see how the...
  18. Kirky

How long can a car 'sit' before you would need AA or battery topper to start it?

I was away for 4 months at the start of the year. No issues when I got back and started the car. Not even a battery low warning. I've got a dashcam hardwired too, so I was extremely surprised.
  19. Kirky

New to DSG - advice?

As others have said, the newer 7 speed is still a wet clutch and can handle a bit more torque, 430Nm vs 400Nm. They both happily handle 500Nm as the above limits are just soft limits set by the manufacturer. The 7 speed also has a much longer service schedule of 80000 miles compared to 40000. So...
  20. Kirky

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

No I think there are a lot of people who don't. It looks pretty bad on the red car but with the other colours it contrasts quite well. I hugely prefer it over the chrome of the previous models.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.