Search results

1. John Temperton

Abt....for £500!!

ok. Good to know.
  2. John Temperton

Abt....for £500!!

Official online shop appears down at the moment.
  3. John Temperton

Abt....for £500!!

I know. Although ABT is around £500. Race Chip is cheaper and temporary. I'll make some more enquiries.
  4. John Temperton

Abt....for £500!!

I've just been on the phone too SEAT used car warranty about retro fitting ABT too my Cupra 290. The reply from the warranty technician is that this isn't a problem so long as the fitting hasn't been found to have caused any damage to the vehicle should it occur. Could be tricky. Alternatively I...
  5. John Temperton

New

First mod. Low rider hop suspension! Welcome :)
  6. John Temperton

Forum meet in Doncaster 28th April 2019

Tempting!
  7. John Temperton

Sat Nav

That makes sense based on the way its behaving.
  8. John Temperton

Sat Nav

Hi all, I recently picked up my 66 plate Leon Cupra 290 and had to wait an hour before receiving the car from the dealer while they activated the Sat Nav unit. It took some time as they were having issues with the memory card. I drove it for a couple of days, no problem and then two days ago...
  9. John Temperton

New to the Brand

Very true. Strangely though I kinda like the loose raggy feel at launch. A rare thing in modern hatches. Proper, if you know what I mean.
  10. John Temperton

New to the Brand

I ruddy love the new Bronze effect on the badge and detailing. Going the extra yard on the calipers just takes it to another level. I saw a super bargain at Seat Grimsby, very near new 300 with just a few miles on the clock. Beginning to wish I'd gone for it. Still very happy with the 290 and...
  11. John Temperton

Hello! New Cupra owner

Its a brilliant brilliant car. Seats really grip you with the alcantara trim. Fast and keeps delivering through the revs. All the mod cons you need and there really is a marked difference in the driving modes. I've owned performance Jags, Fords, Mercedes and it compares well. Seems easily as...
  12. John Temperton

Fresh here :0)

Welcome!
  13. John Temperton

Don't really know how I ended up here

Welcome. You'll love the FR. I do worry my Cupra 290 is just a bit too thirsty. Don't get me wrong, it can shift. But at a cost. Cracking photographs by the way.
  14. John Temperton

Holy Moley am I excited.

Will phone this week. Thanks for the feedback.
  15. John Temperton

New to Seat ownership - Hello all

Nice. I really like the blue. Almost bought a 300 in this colour, then went for a 290. Similar age 66, but only 5,000 miles, so no brainer.
  16. John Temperton

My baby

frikin gorgeous. Picking my Cupra 290 66 reg today around 3:30pm. Looks like I got same colour and spec as yours. I was tempted by the Golf GTR or R. Lovely interiors, but I see at least three or four every day on my commute. I've seen one 290 in a month! Can't wait to get a stage 1 on this...
  17. John Temperton

Forum meet in Doncaster 28th April 2019

Hey all. Picking up a Cupra 290 today in bright red from SEAT. 5K miles 66 plate. Its a stunner! Looking to stage 1 soon. I'm in York. Its the holidays. See you at the meet!
  18. John Temperton

Holy Moley am I excited.

Nice. Thanks for the reply. I hear Tony Banks in Leeds is the place to go. Will try and make the meet! Look out for the Red Cupra!
  19. John Temperton

New Leon FR Owner

I assume that's the FR? Good car. Welcome.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members