Search results

1. IL Cattivo

DIY hardwire dashcam installation

My Vantrue N2 Pro has never turned itself off whether hardwired into a perm live or not when Auto Start/Stop kicks in. Auto start/stop should only cut the engine, leaving the electrics as is, unless your battery is old and can’t cope with the dash cams load without the engine power.? Is it...
  2. IL Cattivo

B20 MTT need help finding owner!!

I had this problem when I purchased mine.. Luckily keys weren't missing, but deffo parts of relevant paperwork were.. The car must have come from a PCH or PCP company as the registered owners were VW Finance or something like that... Problem is, with GDPR, you're well within your right not to...
  3. IL Cattivo

Hehe.. Yeah, the last thing you want to hear is a cracking sound when trying to pry something off!! , But I managed to get it off in one piece and thus was able to replace the piggyback fuse tap to a different size, so that I now have my dash cam wired into the 12v perm live socket...
  4. IL Cattivo

One of the most brief but effective replies i've known. Thank you kind Sir, Job done.. :rock:
  5. IL Cattivo

Guys, In terryt's first post in this thread you can see that he got side access to the fuse board by removing a panel next to the glovebox. (4th Picture listed) Can someone please advise how this panel is removed, as I can't for the life of me find out how? Many thanks
  6. IL Cattivo

What colour is your car?

Metallic Grey... kinda sparkles in the sun, like fine sand on a beach.
  7. IL Cattivo

What do you all do for a job

IT - Systems Engineer, mainly in the Public Cloud Sector.
  8. IL Cattivo

Where are you from??

Oxford, Car details are in the sig below.. :thumbup:
  9. IL Cattivo

What are you using...

Never thought i'd see the day when grown men would get excited about and post pics of their 'buckets'.. :rofl:
  10. IL Cattivo

So, reading back through this thread it looks like my dash cam is hardwired into the wrong type of fuse socket, Mini as appose to one of the Regular fuse slots. Am guessing that the connector being used currently won’t now work in a regular socket and will need to be changed to a Regular type...
  11. IL Cattivo

Sorry, yes.. It has motion detectors/sensors as well as the G-Sensor. So if a vehicle, person or object of any kind moves within range of the sensors then it should trigger recording. I find it hard to beleive that a person or car has not moved in front of the camera all day yesterday while it...
  12. IL Cattivo

Breaching into the MK3 world...

Is this purschase from a Franchised Dealer? I had bodywork issues, dents and scuffs when I bought my 65 plate Leon FR 150 and the dealer said that they were obliged to correct the damage as part of the sale. Last wednesday it went into their body shop and came out looking like a brand new...
  13. IL Cattivo

Hi Hardwiring Dash Cam Guru's Recently had my Vantrue N2 Pro hardwired into the fuse box of my MK3 Leon by my local dealer. I specifically asked them to wire it into a perm live socket. The attached pic is where they have wired it... Where the 'red' wire connects. I suspect this is the wrong...
  14. IL Cattivo

Front Seat HeadRest Removal

Hi guys, Last night I was trying to remove the headrest from the front passenger seat. [MKIII Leon FR 65 plate] Pressed the button on the side of the unit which allows it to slide up, but it then just stops and I can't get it to actually free itself from the seat, like I've been able to do in...
  15. IL Cattivo

Non-spray bumper repair?

I can see a dash-cam purchase on the horizon... Might actually save you money and grief in the long run if these incidents are so frequent. I live near Oxford and have friends in Brighton, so will deffo make sure my dual cam is active 24/7 when we go down to visit.
  16. IL Cattivo

Carista- easy to use? Sounds very tempting.

Thanks @theoldboy Think I'll wait then if that's the case. Not one for double dipping if it's restrictive from a dongle perspective as appose to the the App software. I'm not in any rush to be honest.
  17. IL Cattivo

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

@Deano j1971 I'd be a little anal approaching speed humps and high kerbs.. Looks really nice...
  18. IL Cattivo

Carista- easy to use? Sounds very tempting.

I too am enticed by the modifications that an ODB11 can make to my vehicle, however I am an iPhone user so am currently waiting on their next iteration which I believe is due out fairly soon...
  19. IL Cattivo

Leon sat nav sd card question

What about the very last statement at the bottom of that website... MapCare is not available for UK vehicles. Please note that the only way to update the Sat Nav is through the purchase of an SD card from an authorised dealership. If your vehicle has Full Link (incl Apple CarPlay, MirrorLink...
  20. IL Cattivo

Full link on a 15 plate Seat FR

@hewittinspain & @TJBaldy You guys might find some of the answers to your questions in the link to the thread below.. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/full-link-activation-tech-pack-car.451365/
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members