Search results

1. How much!!

When I was getting mine I put an email round a few dealers to see if they could match or come close to the deal I got (£22,295 for a Cupra lux hatch), one of them got back to me offering me their ex demo for £22k on the nose. I have never heard a salesman sound so defeated as he did when I told...
  2. DSG and stationary traffic

I'm pretty sure it disengages the clutch as it takes a second or two to get rolling when removing the brake, the same as when putting it in to drive when setting it off.
  3. DSG and stationary traffic

When stopping if you press the brake in you'll notice the revs dip back to idle level, whereas when you release it a bit the revs rise. I always took this to mean when the brakes are fully on it disengages the clutch.
  4. Best way to connect Spotify? (for a numpty!)

There is a version of the app on Android auto, but to be honest I find it easier to do it by Bluetooth and make sure that I have it on the playlist/artist I want when I am waiting for the car to warm up.
  5. Best deals for a new Leon cupra

The boundless thing is definitely legit, they supply through Griffin cars (they normally do the military discount but have a deal with boundless). I bought mine through them in march and the guy I dealt with was brilliant going back and forth a few times to find the right balance of deposit to...
  6. Leon ST powered tailgate

Didn't the Octavia MK3 have powered tailgate? That is on the mqb platform. Could be worth a Google to see what parts are needed for that, although not sure how similar the rear end is between the two.
  7. Best deals for a new Leon cupra

It is the civil service members alliance (renamed themselves to boundless a few years ago), you can get membership if you work in civil service in any capacity or have a friend/family member that can refer you I believe. Doesn't cost a huge amount per year and you get discounts on all sorts of...
  8. Best deals for a new Leon cupra

If you can get membership with CSMA/boundless they have an offer with one of there partners for £22,295. They also offer a very competitive finance rate, I'm currently paying £248 a month after putting about 4k of equity from my last car in as deposit.
  9. Mk3 184 diesel FR, what to look for.

It may not be the emissions scandal engine, I had the same engine in my my15 Octavia VRS and it wasn't applicable. However if you can get the vin there is instructions on how to check your car on this site - https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/diesel-engines/vin-number.html
  10. Left window open overnight 19 cupra

I'm not an expert, but if it were me I would be tempted to try and get hold of one of those vacuums. If not then try putting something absorbent (like a thick towel) over it and change it often. I would also leave the windows open a tiny bit so that the moisture has a chance to escape...
  11. Dsg & left leg pain?

I had a bit of back pain and left leg pain when I first got the Cupra, it took me a little while but adjusting the seat to be a little higher at the front helped a huge amount (because it supports the legs better). I also find resting my left foot just off the rest (between the rest and the...
  12. Insurance help

I'm with Hastings, they always come through cheapest for me. For reference I have just turned 30 and have 11 years ncb and in total it has cost me about £550 this year (including the change of policy charge when I changed to the Cupra mid term). I have had some luck* with Adrian flux in the...
  13. What made you buy your Cupra?

Got my Copra 290 lux as I have wanted something fast since I passed my test (12 years ago) and had always had to settle for compromise cars due to budget or commute. As my old car was coming up to needing cam belt, water pump and some brake disks doing I started looking around for something to...
  14. Many Cupra's?

I've seen one or two round my area but nowhere near the amount of Golf R's, Civic Type R's and Focus RS'
  15. Abt....for £500!!

They might if you give them a call, if you have been using a comparison site they may not have that option in their list. Just be prepared for a potentially long phone call!
  16. SEAT's approach to "standard spec"

To be fair my previous Skoda didn't have gas struts on the bonnet either.
  17. CUPRA R ST silly Quote prices

I'm surprised at that considering it is standard on the lux spec.
  18. Soundaktor Disconnected - Bliss!

I'll keep an eye out!
  19. New Cupra 290 Delivered - I'm officially one of you now!!

This is exactly what I do, didn't take long to get in the habit of it either.
  20. What is the best MK3 Cupra? / Cupra Buying Advice

Not sure about the rest, but you can disable Kessy when locking the car. You just lock it with the key then touch the door sensor within 5 seconds, it then disables keyless entry until it is unlocked with the key.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.