Search results

1. 2010 1.4 Petrol Oil Change Advice (have read manual)

Hi, I had the car in for service, including oil change, 6600km ago at this time last year. The dash is showing the service indicator now at 160000km. I've checked the oil and it's a bit low but still a nice brown. I'm just wondering if I can fill up the oil and try to reset the service...
  2. 2010 Ibiza 1.4 (petrol) battery change

Car wouldn't start just now and it's the middle of the night. The buzz (from fuel injection?) when you turn the key sounds lower than normal and the starter barely turns then dies. Lights are on though and with the ignition switched on, I get three beeps that I've never heard before. Car has...
  3. Knocking sound from rear when braking

Hi, I've noticed a knocking sound while slowly braking has appeared. It seems to come from the rear right of the vehicle. It only occurs during light braking. Hard braking does not produce the sound. The knocking is faster with speed, so it will slow down the slower I go. Any ideas what this...
  4. Rust inside bonnet

I noticed a bit of rust going on on the inside of the bonnet. Pic here https://imgur.com/a/hnuJpr3 What would you suggest in this case? I'm thinking wire brush and sand paper to get rid of it and apply whatever rust protection paste I can find in the store. Are there other common places on this...
  5. Service interval

I've read the manual but I'm officially an old fart as I can't figure out how to navigate the dash. Anyway, I've hit 153000km and the dash says SERVICE so I suppose I need to bring her in to a dealer. I've tried looking up service intervals online but only get spam websites. Would like to know...
  6. Bad smell from fan even after cabin filter replacement

I have a bad mouldy/grassy smell coming from the fans for a minute when turned on. It goes away after a bit. I've replaced the cabin filter but the smell remains. What other parts are easy to check for bad smells? I've watched a tutorial on how to access the fan motor but wanted to check with...
  7. 2010 Air condition whine and not cool enough

Hey all, bought the Ibiza back in April when it was still pretty cold so I've only used the a.c. recently as it's getting warmer. It'll sometimes whine all the time when active. On hot days (close to 30°C) I don't think it cools the cabin enough. So I gave the dealer where I bought it a call and...
  8. Lowering springs and wheel size

Hey all, it's my first car so please excuse the beginner questions. Bought the car with steel rims and plastic hub caps which are an eye sore. Looking to lower the car and find a set of nice used wheels. 1. I've found lowering springs that will lower the car 30mm front and rear. Will this be...
  9. Aux bass noise

Hi, when playing music from a smartphone (tried both IoS and Android), deep bass notes are replaced with a high pitched buzz. There's no issue with the music on the radio though. I've tried two different Aux cables with no difference. How can I fix this issue and listen to the tunes I want? :(
  10. Bought my first car, 2010 Ibiza

Hi all, recently bought my first car, a 2010 Ibiza. Thought I'd sign up on this forum since it seems pretty active. Hope you don't mind me not being in the UK :) I couldn't figure out how to show pics directly in the post so here are some links. Pics: https://imgur.com/5TknMeP...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.