Search results

1. 14 plate 1.8tsi Leon FR DSG

Not to sound daft but what does the water-pump replacement have to do with the clutch packs? Looking at the service history of the car, I don't see any mention of clutch pack or water-pump work being done. My guess is the previous owner knew about these and traded it in before they needed done.
  2. 14 plate 1.8tsi Leon FR DSG

Yeah previously had a 1.2tsi se so knew about the usual problems. Will definitely check the dsg service. Only thing worried me is the dry clutch used on the 1.8tsi dsg
  3. 14 plate 1.8tsi Leon FR DSG

Hi all, looking at the above far and just wanted to know if there's anything I should look out for.
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Left my 1.2TSI to dealers due to misfire yesterday morning. Was told that it was the coil packs and were replaced today. Was also told that coil packs didn't fix the issue, so they're keeping it another day to figure it out.
  5. The ultimate front splitter thread

Anyone recommend a front splitter and rear valance that fits the SE?
  6. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

@sweetfr mind telling me where you ordered from?
  7. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Are those the Cades Shift? Looks nice in silver, was contemplating the black ones to go on my Monsoon grey.
  8. Stop Start Disabled

I get this error once every week from cold start. Symptoms are: - judders on startup - idle rpm at 1.2k - engine line comes on for 5secs - stop start comes on as error Next start of the car usually clears it.
  9. Carista App

Anyway to disengage cruise control via clutch with Carista? At the minute the only way to disengage cruise control is by tapping the brakes or the stock.
  10. Parcel Tray hook broken.

Yup, it's a whole trim job. Mine broke and replaced under warranty :D
  11. Boot Gas Struts

Hmmm not good. I have 10months dealer warranty left so will roll with that until then. Should be covered and I doubt they know any better with the uprated ones.
  12. Boot Gas Struts

Works well. Definitely big difference in trying to close the lid. Anyone suffer from any prolonged issues like locks failing/hairloom torqued from the uprated struts?
  13. Many Cupra's?

Just seen my 2nd one parked in Stranmillis today. Mag Grey hatch :D
  14. Many Cupra's?

I've only seen one Cupra in Limavady, Northern Ireland. It was a mystery blue ST. Living in Belfast, I see more FRs/ Rs/GTI/GTDs and yet to see a Cupra.
  15. Boot Gas Struts

Struts arrived from this link and currently sitting in the boot waiting for some clear weather to fit them.
  16. Body Styling for an FR

Have you got a link? And do they go on top of the stock rubber or do you have to peel/take off the stock ones?
  17. Body Styling for an FR

@Jamesb are they the ebay/aliexpress jobby or genuine VW from a GTI/GTD?
  18. Brake Caliper colour - thoughts, opinions & ideas wanted!

If I was to ever get my calipers done, it'd have to be purple
  19. Seat leon headlights

I've looked into it before and it'll probably cost the same as the difference between buying a non-tech and tech trims.
  20. Speeding !!!!!!!!

One thing to note is we might not know the full story. Some vital points could've been left out and we'd have no way of confirming OPs side of the story. If OP knew the consequences of getting fined/banned for reckless driving, then why risk it anyway?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members