Search results

1. Yern

Bye bye SEAT, hello Skoda

The Scala was used around Sidney. On the Gold Coast we had a VW Tiguan and that was 5 years (unlimited km's) warranty.
  2. Yern

Is Seat's Discretion Worth Much ??

Unfortunately many extended warranties are Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) and therefore by definition the item has to 'fail' either mechanically or electrically.
  3. Yern

Bye bye SEAT, hello Skoda

I had a new Scala 1.0 DSG on hire during a holiday in Australia a month ago. Have to say I was very impressed, and they give a 7 year (unlimited km's) warranty!
  4. Yern

Oil Temp Wildly Fluctuating

Strange thing today, thought I'd change the left clock centre view from water/oil temp and on initial change (before pressing scroll wheel to ok) the whole left clock centre section started scrolling all the view options very fast...on its own! It then stopped. If I thought the dash display was...
  5. Yern

Digital dash - with the top left and right view buttons on RH of steering wheel navigate to the left hand side of the dash. Use the scroll wheel to change the view until oil and water temp shows then press scroll (as ok) to set the view.
  6. Yern

No I don't drive harsh but driven hard over hills the maximum may be 105-110. Certainly not 160+ when its misbehaving. I suspect an intermittent sensor issue and of course it won't happen at the dealers. Today...perfect, I will have to video it if/when it happens again.
  7. Yern

Only happened twice in the last 6 months or so, oil temp is usually (when warmed up) in the 90's depending upon driving 'style'. Twice now its suddenly started fluctuating wildly from cold (after it starts registering the temp) anywhere in a range of 40 to 50 degrees rapidly scrolling up and...
  8. Yern

Light switch Auto setting

There is a sensitivity setting in the vehicle infotainment menu which will change when the lights come on (preset level of darkness).
  9. Yern

OTA software update to 1940

If you suffer rebooting issues then 1940 seems to fix it. Dealer did mine about 2 months ago as no OTA update available at the time and it was 'h'issing me off. Fine now. Only other thing I noticed (don't use car play) is the radio favourites row of stations would always be at the top of the...
  10. Yern

Windows 11 help please

I think you can do a 'system' reinstall and keep existing files...or a 'full' reinstall - Settings/System/Reset This PC (Recovery Options).
  11. Yern

Cancelling Route guidance on screen

Press the symbol at the top of the route line...works for me.
  12. Yern

manual folding of the mirrors using the remote control. possibile ?

This is why I switch off the auto fold during the winter months and use the manual switch only when needed.
  13. Yern

manual folding of the mirrors using the remote control. possibile ?

Why not use the close/open option on the mirror switch instead (with auto disabled in infotainment)? Ok its not on the key but you still have 'manual' control.
  14. Yern

1940 software update - Get it or wait?

I didn't think I didn't think 1940 was OTA? (according to other contributors unless future plans). Left mine at the dealers ready to pick up 5 hours later and so far so good.
  15. Yern

CUPRA Leon VZ2 UK Video Review

The 3rd black car I have owned (2 other non Seat models), had no choice on colour it was this one available at port or wait 12 months for my colour choice. All sparkle well in the sun, Honda had multicoloured sparkles. Car had GardX applied before delivery as part of delivery package and I'm...
  16. Yern

Boot latch doesn't work/Seat approved used warranty

Remove and lube should sort it.
  17. Yern

Boot latch doesn't work/Seat approved used warranty

I presume its all component cover which means if the latch 'fails' its covered but the detail is in the word 'failed' (like most extended warranties). I think from reading other posts some time ago the issue is one of removing the latch and lubrication of the pivot(s) which cures the problem. My...
  18. Yern

Changing Seat Badge to Cupra

Don't know, perhaps the taste testers would share their feedback o_O...
  19. Yern

Infotainment screen reboots

I've just had mine updated (yesterday) by the dealer from A896 to 1940 for the same problem. Hopefully sorted 🤞.
  20. Yern

Changing Seat Badge to Cupra

I beg to differ, this looks quite nice 😂...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.