Search results

1. Next alternative car to a Leon?

Had one as a courtesy car for a couple of days. Beautiful car and exceptionally comfortable. Try to get a later one. The ICE on the early ones is woeful. Think I heard of some having a 5 year warranty too.
  2. DSG Questions

I have a DSG gearbox. Anything but the gentlest of touches on the accelerator and it lurches forward with a jolt as the brakes are released. I tend to keep it in sport mode for start stop traffic when I might occasionally use the auto hold. It seems to be more forgiving.
  3. DSG Questions

I tend to not bother with the auto hold. It has a habit of giving a jolt when moving off again.
  4. Failed MOT

I have the old belt but can't seem to unfurl it. So think I need to dismantle it. After I've done this, I'll share a photo. I'm perfectly open to it being a dangerous fault and I'll query the warranty situation when I have a photo to share. Just to add that the garage in question has been...
  5. Failed MOT

I knew that the belt was fraying, and am not I haven't disputed that there was fraying. I knew there was. My concerns were - cost of a replacement which people said was about right for a dealership; whether it was a dangerous fault (seemingly open to debate and interpretation); and the fairness...
  6. Failed MOT

I only took it there as it was due a service and MOT at the same time. Lessons learned and all that. As I said - I didn't press the issue on whether they'd let me drive it. Was shocked at the bill which is in addition to the cost of a major service, brake fluid change and the MOT itself. So I'm...
  7. Failed MOT

Does anyone have any tips to prevent the new seat belt fabric from fraying? It's happened at the point where it goes through the latch (I.e. where it doubles back on itself). I think it's been slowly fraying, not helped by the fact that the buckle is in a fixed position. Thanks
  8. Failed MOT

Thanks all. The garage said it was dangerous. I'm not entirely familiar with the new rules as I haven't been through a MOT test for something like 5 or 6 years. As I said, it was just the shock of £300 for a seat belt and my perception of garages being able to use the new MOT rules as leverage...
  9. Failed MOT

That's what the receptionist that I spoke to said. Told me it was illegal to drive it. I didn't press the matter in fairness, as I was still getting over the shock of £300 for a seat belt!
  10. Failed MOT

Hello, Got my car its first MOT test today. Failed on some fraying of the seat belt which the dealership put down as a major/dangerous fault. I'm suspicious that it was a major fault, but beyond that, they wouldn't let me take the car, stating that it had to be repaired before they could let me...
  11. FR ACT 1.4 Tapping while Cruising

Mine makes a tapping noise with in 2 cylinder mode. Gets quite noticeable when the sound is bouncing off of barriers or things at the side of the road. Oddly, it only does it when the engine is under load in 2 cylinder mode i.e. accelerating and not coasting.
  12. Keyless entry - Why do I have to have it

Does this work on the Leon?! I have a 2018 car with keyless entry and haven't come across it?
  13. Android Auto

Has this a couple of times. Always seems to be fixed by getting a new lead. Dunno why, but they just don't seem to last. Maybe it's the heat and cold.
  14. Cracked Instrument Cluster

Slightly off topic, but I've found if you go in armed with research, the odd white lie about valuations on your car, and are up front about your target cost of changeover if you're part exchanging, they usually give way. It's informed customers that her the most out of them! Part ex and...
  15. Cracked Instrument Cluster

I'm finding Seat dealers to be poor. Almost as bad as Ford. So frustrating. There are things wrong with my car but getting them to accept it is like pulling teeth with pliers. And now coronavirus means I have next to no chance as you can't show mechanics whilst they won't get in the car with you.
  16. Cracked Instrument Cluster

Mine's cracked in exactly the same place... Doesn't impinge on the dials though, so just ignored it. Only noticed after I bought the car so kicked myself. It's an expensive and technical job then?
  17. Should I be cross?

I'd be annoyed too. Finding that Seat dealers aren't the most trustworthy or competent... Citygate being my main bother.
  18. Bit of an odd one (I know)

I imagine that's the radio aerial. It's concealed on the Leon. I have a 2018 Xcellence Technology and it doesn't have WiFi. Seat did rejig the range shortly after my car was built and introduced a new Xcellence Lux trim, but also added adaptive cruise control and I think digital dash to the...
  19. KEYLESS KEY FOB BATTERY

Concur on keyless fobs burning through batteries. My main key has had 2 replacement batteries in just a year. Fortunately they are dead easy to replace, even if finding the right size battery can be tricky at times. It's odd though as my FIAT 500X with keyless entry only had one replacement in...
  20. Improve ride comfort

I've got an Xcellence Technology with the 1.4 150 ACT and DSG with 17in wheels. Whilst it deals with speed bumps in a relatively comfortable way, I find it close to unbearable on rough roads or over a stray pothole. Seems to send massive jolts through the entire car whenever you hit something...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.