Search results

1. Best performing tyres for 17 inch wheels

If you are only fitting two, any premium summer tyre would work well.
  2. Best performing tyres for 17 inch wheels

Depends what you mean by "best performing tyres"? Summer or possibly all season tyres? I'm very impressed with my current Bridgestone A005s. I'd certainly put them within the top 10 premium summer tyre bracket, but you then have an advantage over summer tyres during winter use. They have an "A"...
  3. Left window open overnight 19 cupra

I'd towel dry I'd towel dry everything as best as you can. It'll be fine once dried out, warm weather is coming, so let it air dry out too with your windows open.
  4. Dsg & left leg pain?

Good idea, think if it was slightly further right (towards the brake pedal), would help. As the sides of the seats on the SE trim are not that supportive, think I'm taking a bit of weight on my left knee, during cornering. May just be a case of waiting until my muscles adapt (hopefully).
  5. Facelift or pre facelift

Yep my pre facelift se does not have it, I've experienced the self auto braking system on a previous Astra K I previously owned, not a fun experience, when it nearly put myself & passenger through the windscreen for no apparent reason. Also had to turn it off during every ignition cycle...
  6. Facelift or pre facelift

I don't like auto braking systems, esp when they brake when not required, which I've experienced with another manufacturer. I do like my LED's headlights, only used them once so far mind. So I'd go for the pre face lift without auto braking, which I did on my 2016 Leon, recently. Also my tax is...
  7. Dsg & left leg pain?

Thanks for the info. I shall persevere for longer, hopefully I'll adapt to the change, given time. Seems a bit less legroom on the left hand side, compared to my last none Seat vehicle. I doubt I'd have noticed any issue 20 years ago...:eek: Other than that the car is great in every other way.
  8. Dsg & left leg pain?

My right knee is great, it's the rest leg/knee that's now giving me the issues. I also previously had issues with heavy clutches, more foot, than knee probs though.
  9. Dsg & left leg pain?

I too went over to autos, due to clutch/foot probs, as I suffer from arthritis. Although I've been driving other autos for around 3 years, without issues with either feet or legs. I also use my car for work, so can't really go for more than one day without using it. This dsg is also the...
  10. Dsg & left leg pain?

I've owned my Leon Se, dsg,1.2t for just over two months now, very happy with it, apart from from surprisingly now suffering leg pain from my left leg. Being an auto, you tend not to use it. I'm finding the area slightly cramped, my knee tends to rest up against the plastic centre console area...
  11. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Pic of my Leon 1.2t SE, dsg, with the new 15" wheels.
  12. Downgrading my alloys to 15".

A lot of manufacturers now seem to be going for the bigger alloy look, obviously looks better, but you do have a firmer ride. For the 1.2t engine these tyres seem to run well with the SE spec trim. I bought my car for practically, rather than performance. The A005 tyres have more of a summer...
  13. Downgrading my alloys to 15".

Finally bought a new set of alloys, fitted Bridgestone A005 tyres for all year round use. I've noticed a big difference in comfort levels, reason I changed them, not for looks. They're 0EM sized alloys from a reputable seller, fitted 195 65 15's onto them. All ok with my insurance company too...
  14. Approved warranty not covering full cost of repairs!

Thanks for pointing me on the right track, I've edited my initial post, managed to confuse myself on that one. I had a 60 day Seat used warranty initially, then was asked if I'd like to extend it for another 2 years, with a Seat dealer approved warranty, which I took. Hopefully won't have to...
  15. Approved warranty not covering full cost of repairs!

Sounds like the warranty is not worth the paper it was written on. I certainly wouldn't spend anymore money with the Seat dealership, just put everything into writing, contact the warranty companies customer services, explain to them that Seat consider this to be a mechanical failure. As the...
  16. Approved warranty not covering full cost of repairs!

I also have an extended Seat warranty, a 2 year bolt onto the end of Seat's manufactures warranty. Mine was with Arnald Clark, I too had a bit of a drive to pick my car up (60 miles). I've looked at the small print of my warranty & they'll authorise repair from another vat registered garage inc...
  17. Which spec engine oil?

Yes it's 504, page 52 of my owners manual. Helps if I look.
  18. Which spec engine oil?

Thanks for the info.
  19. Which spec engine oil?

Thanks for info.
  20. Which spec engine oil?

Hello all. I own a 2016 Leon 1.2t. I realise Castrol Edge 5w 30 oil is recommended. If I use an alternative spec OEM oil, which VW spec oil do I need to look for? As I may change it myself on my next service. Cheers.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.