Search results

1. Tom B

IMPORTANT ADVICE FOR ALL EXEO OWNERS! Make sure your battery isn't swimming!

Sorry for the capital letters in the title but this is something you all need to check regularly! There's lots of talk on Facebook about water ingress and electrical issues on Exeos. If left unattended, the water ingress can cause serious damage to your electrical system, potentially writing...
  2. Tom B

2.0 16v/TDI clutch cable suppliers

Afternoon, I'm having a right nightmare trying to source a decent quality clutch cable for my Ibiza 2.0 16v, has anyone found one yet? As a parts guy I don't take chances and only buy genuine parts, however SEAT kindly discontinued the cable last year and I've yet to find a dealer group...
  3. Tom B

Exeo "Fan Style" Washer Jet Conversion

After taking inspiration from the A4 forums, I decided to upgrade the dated needle syle front washer jet for fan style ones. Why they weren't fitted in the first place, I don't know. For those of you who have read the Audi guide, I have good news. On the Exeo they actually fit straight on...
  4. Tom B

Strange - mates car won't start

My mates MK2 with 1.4 ABD engine won't start, and we're scratching our heads again. Dash lights die when you turn the key, but its had a few batteries on it now (from our own cars) and it does the same with all of them. Jumping off running cars does nothing either. Got spark and fuel so...
  5. Tom B

Friends 1.4 won't start - help needed!

I'm really scratching my head here, wonder if anyone's got any ideas. My mates just bought a MK2 1.4 CLS, ABD lump. He had it a day, went to start it the next morning and it wouldn't go. Done the checks and there's no spark. We've put on new leads, plugs, 2 coils (to be sure), cap and...
  6. Tom B

Sat nav retrofitting problems

I bought a VW MCD Sat Nav from someone on here over a week ago and it finally arrived today. It has a nice dent on the corner of the chassis too! Now I've taken out the Alana, fitted a plug and play lead (red plug) and plugged it all in, but the stereo won't turn on. The CD mechanism...
  7. Tom B

215/40/17s on the Cupra

Has anyone done it? I need 2 tyres and I don't like the fact the wheels have absolutely no kerb protection. Has anyone fitted 215/40s and found that they help, or have you found any 205/40s with a rim protection big enough to actually do its job? All help appreciated - cheers!
  8. Tom B

Erm...I've bought a Cupra!

...and I bet m0rk and Stu will be loving the fact I've got yet another MK4! :p My mum's had her PD160 from new and she's decided to go for a 2 seater now I've moved out. We managed to get a good deal on an ex demo MX-5 2.0 Sport but the dealer was only offering £8500 for a mint car with...
  9. Tom B

Do you own one of my old cars?

Seeing as few others have done it, I will but I'll be stealthy with the plates. So, does anyone own one of my old MK4s? GK02N** - Silver 1.4 14v 100bhp Sport - I sold it to Listers Coventry GN03V** - Silver TDI PD130 Sport - I sold it to Motorvogue Northampton RO52V** - Red TDI PD130...
  10. Tom B

MK2 Flip Key - update with part numbers and guides!

I'm sure there's a few of you looking to perform the flip key mod to your MK2 Ibiza. At the moment, there's nothing set in stone for the MK2s, but I think I may have cracked it! :) The following things worked for me, I have a MY97 Ibiza with no alarm and an AH profile key. Remote: The...
  11. Tom B

Exhaust help!

OK my backbox fell to bits just after I spent £387 on a dSLR. Nice work, car! :cry: I went to the local factors who supplied me a backbox for £77. However, the joining pipe is crushed near to the silencer. The guy at the factors said it was normal but I just wanna check. On the Arvin...
  12. Tom B

I performed the best MK2 mod today...

...and it was a clutch cable change! I lived with it on my Cordy and I've lived with it on my Ibiza since July, but after finding out the potential damage it can cause, I decided to change it. If your cable feels a bit stiff, change it straight away. Once you're done (it takes about an...
  13. Tom B

Flip keys...

Has anyone actually got one to work on a MK2? I've just tried to program a MK4 Ibiza/MK4 Golf 2 button remote (1J0 959 753 AG) and it wouldn't work. The frequencies are the same (433.92mhz) but the manufacturers are different. The flip key is Hella and the original one is Siemens. Would...
  14. Tom B

I've got some problems...

Right, now I've finally got the net back, I can ask about my problems! My first issue is with the power steering. Whenever I turn the wheel, it feels lumpy, kinda like its catching on each tooth of the belt. The belt is fine, its tensioned perfectly. The reservoir is filled up and the...
  15. Tom B

Missing vacuum pipe

I just checked my levels and noticed this: http://ibizagti.fotopic.net/p35731255.html So there's a missing pipe to somewhere and there's no pipe floating in the engine bay. The car's an MY97 ABF engined GTI. If anyone's got a clue where the pipes meant to lead to, I'd appreciate it very...
  16. Tom B

Damn window regulators!!!

Why are window regulators so crap!!! My drivers side one just went on me, just as I was about to go into the car wash...great! You can imagine how stupid I looked in front of the whole petrol station trying to pull my window up by hand! Is there anywhere other than SEAT that I can get...
  17. Tom B

Brake problems in my Focus - help please!

Right I'm no good with brakes, so if anyone could help me that'd be awesome! The problems started when I changed my rear pads, I found the braking efficiency to be down, the handbrake now goes up a lot further and only seems to hold one side and also found that the servo made hissing noises...
  18. Tom B

PD160 buzzing at 2500rpm

I took the Cupra out today and discovered it has a horrible rattle/buzzing noise coming from the engine bay at 2500rpm. To me it sounds like when you have a serious boost leak, although as far as I can see, all the FMIC pipes are on and secured fine. Anyone else had this? Any ideas before I...
  19. Tom B

2 lucky escapes for our Ibizas this evening...

Each of them lost one of their 9 lives today! I took mum's MK4 Cupra to the local automatic car wash as it got covered in bird crap earlier. The wash started as normal, it covered the car in soap and then just stopped. I got out and asked one of the staff for some help. He told me to drive...
  20. Tom B

Did you know....

...that the MK1 Ibiza is STILL in production? I was reading about the rebirth of MG Rover and noticed that Nanjing Automobile Corp bought the Ibiza design along with a few others from Fiat, and are producing an updated Ibiza, called the Unique, for the Chinese Market...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members